What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees changing Jason's command grab motion

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
So the elitist scum are the people who practice? Long ago I could not do dbf moves. Now I can. Practice works wonders
Nice strawman. No, we all practice, and anyone can get anything consistent given enough time. The elitism is the people who say "level up" "This is so EZ" "i like it harder than it needs to be for absolutely no reason" when the guy asks for an unintuitive input changed. Oh whoops, thats you. I'm leaving this thread before it gets any more cringey.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Nice strawman. No, we all practice, and anyone can get anything consistent given enough time. The elitism is the people who say "level up" "This is so EZ" "i like it harder than it needs to be for absolutely no reason" when the guy asks for an unintuitive input changed. Oh whoops, thats you. I'm leaving this thread before it gets any more cringey.
No its not a straw man I was talking about how you insult a group of players by calling them elitists merely because they say 'just practice like everyone else' so far I've not seen anyone say 'it's totes EZ laks' or anything unhelpful like that. Your just disrespecting people for no reason.

the input is super easy (on ps4 remote, not talking stick/hitbox), i see so many people talking about execution difficulties- do you want the game to just play itself? dont you want there to be skill necessary to be good? I want xrays to be insanely hard to do, I want ex moves to be like pro moves from mkdc where you had to basically do two super move inputs instantly, decision making should be the main skill but im tired of nrs dumbing down the game to make new players feel like experts

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
the input is super easy, i see so many people talking about execution difficulties- do you want the game to just play itself? dont you want there to be skill necessary to be good? I want xrays to be insanely hard to do, I want ex moves to be like pro moves from mkdc where you had to basically do two super move inputs instantly, decision making should be the main skill but im tired of nrs dumbing down the game to make new players feel like experts
I like it being so beginner friendly. I think it will encourage new players to stick at fighting games. The more the merrier. I also like how it allows you to focus on what the game is really about, outplaying your opponent and not losing due to difficult execution

as I said, decision making is the main skill, but in a game where you can perform long juggling combos, making every move easy makes it so you don't earn the damage. if it requires skill to perform the combo and you succeed, you earn the damage. REO is a good player, so he lands the command grab with ease all the time, the OP hasnt worked as hard as REO, so he messes up and complains on the internet. Its the same thing as auto aim in FPS games, yes where you decide to go and aim towards is the main skill, but accuracy separates the men from the boys

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
as I said, decision making is the main skill, but in a game where you can perform long juggling combos, making every move easy makes it so you don't earn the damage. if it requires skill to perform the combo and you succeed, you earn the damage. REO is a good player, so he lands the command grab with ease all the time, the OP hasnt worked as hard as REO, so he messes up and complains on the internet. Its the same thing as auto aim in FPS games, yes where you decide to go and aim towards is the main skill, but accuracy separates the men from the boys
I don't feel the OP was complaining. He was just asking to see if others feel the same as he does about said input .

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
It's enough imo. I'd rather they improve on his other much worse shortcomings, like B122 damage scaling and the low profilability of some of his mids.
Totally agree. I tick-throw people to death with Jason. A lack of viable tick-throws is among the least of Jason's problems. In fact, you can make an argument that B2~tight squeeze, F2~tight squeeze, and 24~tight squeeze are among the better tick throws in the game because they each connect on BOTH block and hit. The 24 and F2 versions are best done off of jump-ins (since they are highs and can be ducked), while the B2 version is viable in virtually any situation because it is a mid. Also, mixing up B1~tight squeeze with B122 is tremendous.

Jason has a myriad of major issues that keep him from being good, but a lack of viable tick throws is just not one of them.

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
I think that he should have a few positive changes, a different command grab motion isn't one of them. Just go to the lab and practice b1~command grab for a while, FACING BOTH DIRECTIONS. Kotal Kahn is the only grappler who doesn't have to do the dbf motion iirc. Command grabs are really good so it balances out that they are harder to do.

GQJ

Noob
Totally agree. I tick-throw people to death with Jason. A lack of viable tick-throws is among the least of Jason's problems. In fact, you can make an argument that B2~tight squeeze, F2~tight squeeze, and 24~tight squeeze are among the better tick throws in the game because they each connect on BOTH block and hit. The 24 and F2 versions are best done off of jump-ins (since they are highs and can be ducked), while the B2 version is viable in virtually any situation because it is a mid. Also, mixing up B1~tight squeeze with B122 is tremendous.

Jason has a myriad of major issues that keep him from being good, but a lack of viable tick throws is just not one of them.
When you say "B1~tight squeeze" are you canceling into it or staggering into it? Also is there a list of what he can tick throw off of?

Etoroguy

Why isn't Jax's Farm a playable stage?
When you say "B1~tight squeeze" are you canceling into it or staggering into it? Also is there a list of what he can tick throw off of?
He means cancelling it. B1 cancelled into command grab is really good. I haven't played Jason in ages so I don't know every tick throw but here are the ones that I used to use:
b1, b2, f2, 24
All of these cancelled into dbf2

GQJ

Noob
He means cancelling it. B1 cancelled into command grab is really good. I haven't played Jason in ages so I don't know every tick throw but here are the ones that I used to use:
b1, b2, f2, 24
Thanks, man. I couldn't get dbf2 to come out in relentless bc of lake mist.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
b1, b2, f2, 24
Basically this . The full list would be:

d1, d3, d4, b1, b2, f2, 24, and standing 1.

The "top-five" most useful would probably be: b1, b2, f2, 24, and d1 (or d4 - it's close)

The following all connect on block OR hit: b2, f2, and 24 (as I mentioned in an earlier post, f2 and 24 are best done off of a jump-in punch)

In addition, d1 and d3 can also be linked with dbf1 (back-breaker) on block, although for d1 (which is a mid), your opponent usually has to be standing for it to connect. The hitbox is wonky. I generally always recommend sticking to dbf2 for tick-throws.

edit: I accidentally typed ducking, instead of standing.

Last edited:
Reactions: GQJ

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Thanks, man. I could't get dbf2 to come out in relentless bc of lake mist.
Tick throws take a lot of practice. I recommend getting 24, d1, d4, F2, and B2 down first (those are probably the easiest execution wise, in order of increasing difficulty), before trying to get b1 down.

24 is hella easy.

d1 and d4 are also pretty easy because you can actually just input d1, bf2 and d4, bf2 (make sure you have release check off)

F2 can be done by inputting dbf2 as quickly as you possibly can after F2.

In Unstoppable, there is a trick to making B2~tight squeeze very easy. Input db2, f. (Lake Mist makes this impossible in Relentless)

As for B1~tight squeeze, just practice. Biggest advice would be not to rush it. Concentrate on slowing your fingers down.

GQJ

Noob
Tick throws take a lot of practice. I recommend getting 24, d1, d4, F2, and B2 down first (those are probably the easiest execution wise, in order of increasing difficulty), before trying to get b1 down.

24 is hella easy.

d1 and d4 are also pretty easy because you can actually just input d1, bf2 and d4, bf2 (make sure you have release check off)

F2 can be done by inputting dbf2 as quickly as you possibly can after F2.

In Unstoppable, there is a trick to making B2~tight squeeze very easy. Input db2, f. (Lake Mist makes this impossible in Relentless)

As for B1~tight squeeze, just practice. Biggest advice would be not to rush it. Concentrate on slowing your fingers down.
Thanks for your help and all the info!