What's new

Changes you would make to enhance MK11 presentation.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
In MKX, visual elements distinguished the variations, regardless of the costume choice.

It's unfortunate that MK11 can't pull off the same, because the visual clarity that the MKX system offers is just absolutely superior.

Gear, and random gear in tournament mode, really stinks. I want to pick a non revenant costume for my characters, but instead in tournament it's left to random.

I would love a a real costume system.
You can change that locally. The options menu has random gear ON/OFF. Online you built the gear you want then then set as default and it becomes your online gear. The only time it's forced Random is the pro tour, and even then I dunno if it's forced or just agreed upon.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Speaking of costumes, I think a key area it falls short in this game is that each character really only has 5-6 costumes, many of which look VERY similar or are just the same thing as another costume with more or fewer accessories. A perfect example here is Kabal: he has revenant full armor, revenant no sleeves, wife beater human, winter human, burned human, and burned human with no sleeves. Each individual costume is technically different, but they're really all just set on a single scale of fully revenant to lax human. In contrast, every single character's available costumes in MKX are drastically different in just about every way.

I feel that the core sources of this issue are 1: the the fact that character skins are so damn samey and 2: the unlock system including every color combination as a separate "costume." With every costume style having 10+ color combos, that limits NRS' design space for more overall costume styles due to development time. I believe that a single step further would have been PERFECT: it's clear they set primary, secondary, tertiary, complementary, etc. identities to each part of each gear / costume. If they had gone further with this idea and had 4-5 general color palettes that could be applied to any costume as unlocks per character, this likely could have opened up more room for costume styles. More costume styles would mean more opportunities for throwbacks and reimaginings of MK9/MKX (or even earlier) games. For example, I would straight up murder a bitch to have base MKX Kitana skin in this game.

This would also make an easier time for appeasing all character playerbases with the Kombat League skins. Instead of individual characters getting skins, they could reward 3-4 of the League's color palette(s) to be applied to any costume of one's choice.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Speaking of costumes, I think a key area it falls short in this game is that each character really only has 5-6 costumes, many of which look VERY similar or are just the same thing as another costume with more or fewer accessories. A perfect example here is Kabal: he has revenant full armor, revenant no sleeves, wife beater human, winter human, burned human, and burned human with no sleeves. Each individual costume is technically different, but they're really all just set on a single scale of fully revenant to lax human. In contrast, every single character's available costumes in MKX are drastically different in just about every way.

I feel that the core sources of this issue are 1: the the fact that character skins are so damn samey and 2: the unlock system including every color combination as a separate "costume." With every costume style having 10+ color combos, that limits NRS' design space for more overall costume styles due to development time. I believe that a single step further would have been PERFECT: it's clear they set primary, secondary, tertiary, complementary, etc. identities to each part of each gear / costume. If they had gone further with this idea and had 4-5 general color palettes that could be applied to any costume as unlocks per character, this likely could have opened up more room for costume styles. More costume styles would mean more opportunities for throwbacks and reimaginings of MK9/MKX (or even earlier) games. For example, I would straight up murder a bitch to have base MKX Kitana skin in this game.

This would also make an easier time for appeasing all character playerbases with the Kombat League skins. Instead of individual characters getting skins, they could reward 3-4 of the League's color palette(s) to be applied to any costume of one's choice.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
10/10 post.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I think my enhancements are semi minor but:

• Bring back toasty
  • Bring back the humor as someone stated previously in this thread (it’s odd just seeing the serous tone bleed through from the past two games...)
  • Bo rai cho as a BASE character again
  • I would love to see some active tekken level stage design...I know how that might take away from the game a bit but I LOVE how tekken has stuff going on in a lot of the back ground for their stages
  • Would love to have dan forden back as an ACTUAL music composer rather then audio director/lead position
  • Would love to see some of the old mini games return (kart kombat etc) as opposed to tower..on that note MORE co op towers
  • Funny behind the scenes footage as unlockables and unlock content in general
  • And last but not least cooking with scorpion party 2!

Speaking of costumes, I think a key area it falls short in this game is that each character really only has 5-6 costumes, many of which look VERY similar or are just the same thing as another costume with more or fewer accessories
Yeah, a few more actually different ones would have been nice.

They definitely should have added an option to select any costume independent of the variation chosen. The way they have the costume tied to the variation is a nice way to differentiate a loadout, but crap if you want to change costume but not variation. And especially crap online as you can't choose anything but your default, or the pallet swap of it.

S+ Main

Noob
don't know if anyone said it already but the music, if the soundtrack was on a tekken 7 level it would be so much better. Also being able to chose multiple hair styles like gear would be amazing.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Thing is this game from a gameplay standpoint isn't that great either. It's balanced but only because it's so damn shallow. There is nothing charming here.
Maybe this game isnt for you and you need to move on and play other games instead of giving your daily "what i dont like about mk11" opinions on this site?

-I would do away with Krushing Blows, they feel like a gimmick that happens more out of randomness than intention. I would change Fatal Blows to function more like Ultra's in Street Fighter, or even like X-Ray attack in MKX. The current system brings an already slow game to a hault, and it makes fights feel stolen sometimes.
Only if you play against low level ppl (or are low level yourself)/

DeftMonk

Noob
Maybe this game isnt for you and you need to move on and play other games instead of giving your daily "what i dont like about mk11" opinions on this site?

Only if you play against low level ppl (or are low level yourself)/
KB system is fun imo but it could use some tweaks. Some chars obviously have better ones available than others. As far as happening randomly I can’t see how that’s even possible since any player that is worth anything is gonna have KB set to come out only on held button. Otherwise KB happening when u needed 1% to finish the round.

Wigy

There it is...
I would like it if the gear made any real visual difference to your character. For for most of the cast it makes very little difference.

Even if they had special stuff like Frost's cores (which will never be noticed in game) could give her ice from core burst different colours? Stuff like that. Shao and geras have really good gear stuff with their fist and weapons. Need more stuff like that.

It feels pretty lazy and pointless for most gear and lot of costumes

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I can't believe we're this far into release and the "finish him/her" screen is still wonky as all hell. You can't even dash once it pops lol. It also counts as a totally new round, which is great for getting the klassic d2 brutes if you use a character with a stun move such as Sub or Scorp, but it also breaks other things like Johnny's throw brute (and the award goes to.) For instance, if you punish/finish them off with f344 amp camera into throw, the throw doesn't register as part of the combo if the finish him screen has popped. Janky shit.