What's new

Changes that I believe would be great (all cosmetic)

MK 11 is the best entry in the series in my opinion. I really like how they toned down the jumps and made the characters feel like they have more weight to them. It also feels like they tightened up the fighting mechanics too. I'm not an expert on every characters moves concerning frames, hitboxes, etc. I've been a fan since the original and just like playing the game.

Having said all that, the changes I propose are more cosmetic.

1) Bring back two dimensional fatalities, have more than two per character and return brutalities to their original form where you get to kick and punch your opponent 100 times over. I think it would be neat to see this with modern graphics but MK has fallen into the - graphics are so good now, let's show off how gruesome we can be - trap so now fatalities have become mini movies detailing every organ and brutalities are old fatalities. The fact is, we are all desensitized now and nothing is shocking. Fatalities used to be fun, now they are Saw flicks. And that leads me to...

2) Get rid of Final Blows, x-rays, etc. Stop interrupting my damn match so I can see cutscene #1,563 of a knife going into someone's head or a bullet in someone's eye. I was never a fan of X-Rays and Fatal Blows are just X-Rays under different conditions and a different name. Just let the match play out.

3) What happened to stage fatalities? A tree eating your opponent or landing in a pit of spikes never gets old. Ever.

4) Delete Eeron Black from the MK canon. Just wipe him out from history. We already had to deal with a riot cop tossing grenades and now this cowboy douchebag. I don't know...something about pistols, grenades and rifles in a game full of Kung Fu characters gets to me. But that's just me. It should be a federal crime to have an MK game with Black but not Reptile.

5) Make Kronika playable. She is one of the coolest characters to come in a long time. I mean I get she's dead story wise but still. Rather her than that some half-assed concoction like Kotal Kahn.

Other than that I love this game. Peace.

*Mr.

And you do actually complain about gameplay. The removal of Fatal Blows will affect gameplay. Removing a character from the roster will affect gameplay. Adding a character to the roster affects gameplay.
I'm not going to get into a stupid schematic argument with some internet know-it-all prick. Either talk about the actual OP or GTFO.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
1) Bring back two dimensional fatalities, have more than two per character and return brutalities to their original form where you get to kick and punch your opponent 100 times over. I think it would be neat to see this with modern graphics but MK has fallen into the - graphics are so good now, let's show off how gruesome we can be - trap so now fatalities have become mini movies detailing every organ and brutalities are old fatalities. The fact is, we are all desensitized now and nothing is shocking. Fatalities used to be fun, now they are Saw flicks. And that leads me to...
I have no idea what a "two dimensional fatality" is.... maybe explain that one again for me.

As for the "brutalities" being like the old MK4 style... I dunno. I never liked them like that. They always seemed hella lame.

I always thought it would be cool if they were triggered by X amounts of hits in a long combo after death. So say you killed them on hit 4, if there was another 22 hits after death it triggered a brutality. So the player is encouraged to do mega combos even if they are low life. All they needed to do was put a killing blow on the combo enders.

BUT MKx nailed brutalities ... and MK11 brutalities are also awesome. I really see no need to change them at all. Though I do wish there were just more of them. I think there is a ton of hidden one yet to be discovered. I know some of the classic fatalities like the falling MK Arcade Cabinet is a brutalities now and that is awesome.

2) Get rid of Final Blows, x-rays, etc. Stop interrupting my damn match so I can see cutscene #1,563 of a knife going into someone's head or a bullet in someone's eye. I was never a fan of X-Rays and Fatal Blows are just X-Rays under different conditions and a different name. Just let the match play out.
Narr.,... every single game has supers of some kind. I have seen Ryu's SFV super a zillion times and same goes for other games like Tekken. Someone did a video a while back and the MK11 ones are not even that much longer. I get that it is something new but wait till Combo Breaker.. you see all the supers in ALL the games all the time.. I mean look at Dragon Ball... So I have never really understood the hate form some people on this issue. I suspect that Fatal Blows will be part of MK12 and beyond like Brutalities.... though tweaks.. maybe back to meter use to they take less time.. I dunno.. but I have this feeling they are going nowhere and will be back in IJ3 and MK12

What I would like is Brutalities and Fatalities to be truly real time rendered with no tricks... then they can have them filmed from all different camera angels, even moving cameras.. so we may see the same one but it always looks different as we see from a different view.

3) What happened to stage fatalities? A tree eating your opponent or landing in a pit of spikes never gets old. Ever.
People have already discovered a bunch of stage brutalities... more will be found. I would be absolutly shocked if we do not get at least one stage fatality before the end of MK11.

4) Delete Eeron Black from the MK canon. Just wipe him out from history. We already had to deal with a riot cop tossing grenades and now this cowboy douchebag. I don't know...something about pistols, grenades and rifles in a game full of Kung Fu characters gets to me. But that's just me. It should be a federal crime to have an MK game with Black but not Reptile.
This one is just silly. Saying "I like this character and dislike that one so remove that and use this" or w/e is just selfish and arrogant. The MK cast is so huge some you will like more than others, but at the same time Erron Black is loved by many people... so why should they not have their fav character just as you don't like it. I just hate these kind of things.. you are just saying "I want it how I like it and fuck everyone else... do it my way or it sucks." MK is just huge.. there are so many characters.. you gotta share.

5) Make Kronika playable. She is one of the coolest characters to come in a long time. I mean I get she's dead story wise but still. Rather her than that some half-assed concoction like Kotal Kahn.
The final Boss is never playable in almost all MKs.. I think she is cool though and think it would be neat for her to come back in MK12 or some later one. I would bet we see her again, though maybe Gary coming back might be a stronger bet.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I’m starting to lean towards getting rid of variations lol. Take 4-5 of the best custom moves, stick them on top on the base moves and call it a day. 1 primary base variation.

Like Shao could get annihilation, hammer toss, up hammer, and taunt (with priest frames) on top of his base moves and that’s the only variation. Use the cosmetics for the customization. There are a lot of options to make it look like a unique character.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I'm not going to get into a stupid schematic argument with some internet know-it-all prick. Either talk about the actual OP or GTFO.
My guy...you joined yesterday. Are you sure this is the first impression you want to make? @HeavyNorse addressed your OP, and did indeed identify that some of your suggestions would affect gameplay. And some are just...personal demands for one character's inclusion, and another's deletion.

Also, semantics, not schematics. Just fyi.

My guy...you joined yesterday. Are you sure this is the first impression you want to make? @HeavyNorse addressed your OP, and did indeed identify that some of your suggestions would affect gameplay. And some are just...personal demands for one character's inclusion, and another's deletion.

Also, semantics, not schematics. Just fyi.
Nah, really? I'm sorry my phone auto corrects everything and I could give a flying fuck when I joined. How do you like them apples?

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Nah, really? I'm sorry my phone auto corrects everything and I could give a flying fuck when I joined. How do you like them apples?
Just friendly advice, bro. It's your choice if you want to come off like a braying jackass to an entire community. Just don't be surprised if everyone ignores you and your "suggestions", actively attacks you in response to your aggression, or, at worst, you summarily find yourself on the outside looking in, if you know what I mean.

At any rate, it's no sweat off my balls, so carry on.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
You lost me, and I now cannot agree with anything else.