What's new

Question Changes and Fixes for nightwing?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I don't want this to be a buff/nerf thread. I just want to see what some of u guys wanna see changed or fixed on nightwing.

For me, I'd like to be able to use jump height interactables in staff. Idk why, just has always been sumthing that has bugged me since day 1.

Fix the air dash cross up bug on nightwing. for some reason when airdash characters cross NW over he tends to wig out and it makes it confusing sometimes.

What are some things u guys would like to see?

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Isn't there a thread for this already? Nightwing is fine, all he needs is a couple of bug fixes, and arguably a walkspeed or D2 (Escrima) buff.

Wasted

Noob
Escrima D1 6 frame startup
Walk speed buff (he's a fucking acrobat).
Escrima j2 hitbox buff
Smoke bomb startup speed buff
Escrima D2 startup buff

That's it. Don't need to touch staff.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Escrima D1 6 frame startup
Walk speed buff (he's a fucking acrobat).
Escrima j2 hitbox buff
Smoke bomb startup speed buff
Escrima D2 startup buff

That's it. Don't need to touch staff.
Uh, hell no on 6 frame d1.

J2 hitbox fix is nice, but I hardly find myself jumping with it unless it's for a setup. You rarely need jump ins for anything else. Scatterbomb startup would be ok, but probably wouldn't change too much. D2 is usable already in certain situations, but a few frames faster would always be good.

The only changes I really want for NW is better backdash speed/forward dash recovery and mb staff spin not whiffing on anybody.

Wasted

Noob
Hell yes. I'm not pleased that I have to be in staff, or risk someone crouching my standing 1, to make use of a 6f normal. It's not that D1 is horrible as it is - clearly it's great.

I don't like settling for just 'decent', if it can be avoided.

Either that, or make Escrima 112 not knock someone down. I'm tired of trying to abuse it's massive block advantage and then waste all that effort when they go flying.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Wall jump. Double jump.

Make "The Worlds Grestest Acrobat", "The Aerial Avenger" live up to his fucking name. It's stupid how Dick Grayson has to modify the Batsuit to accommodate his acrobatic fighting style in the comics, but here's Injustice taking yet another steaming shit on my character's cannon.

Other than my "insane" request.
Fix mids to be true mids.
Better recovery on dashes.

Edit: Pako doesn't know shit about Dick. I have very little hope for any buffs or fixes. Ill be satisfied if Nightwing goes untouched.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Hell yes. I'm not pleased that I have to be in staff, or risk someone crouching my standing 1, to make use of a 6f normal. It's not that D1 is horrible as it is - clearly it's great.

I don't like settling for just 'decent', if it can be avoided.

Either that, or make Escrima 112 not knock someone down. I'm tired of trying to abuse it's massive block advantage and then waste all that effort when they go flying.

112 can be canceled into to ground spark. Then dash canceled. Just gotta confirm it.

Wasted

Noob
It certainly can. But it throws whatever you were aiming for out the window.

I mean, we all know what it can be used for, but I pretty much never see the string used outside of corner combos. People use F213 for pressure, not 112.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I don't want this to be a buff/nerf thread. I just want to see what some of u guys wanna see changed or fixed on nightwing.

For me, I'd like to be able to use jump height interactables in staff. Idk why, just has always been sumthing that has bugged me since day 1.

Fix the air dash cross up bug on nightwing. for some reason when airdash characters cross NW over he tends to wig out and it makes it confusing sometimes.

What are some things u guys would like to see?
This.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Alright, I'll just a throw out a list here of the things that would help NW, but not change his plan dramatically in the tier list.

Fix Mb staff spin whiffing
Fix flip kick whiffing on crouching opponents
Fix the air dash glitch where NW's characters spins rapidly
If possible, fix the fact that certain huge characters will never be crossed up by flip kick
Make his backdash recover faster in escrima, to help with his defensive options since his d1 is slow
Make his forward dash recover faster in escrima, to help with his problem against zoners

He doesn't need a low starter in escrima, his d1 in staff to be a low, or anything crazy. NW needs his bugs fixed, and his mobility tweaked so he has better offensive options for dealing with strong zoners, and better defensive options to deal with offensive characters who can disrespect his lack of "get off me" tools.

Noob
Alright, I'll just a throw out a list here of the things that would help NW, but not change his plan dramatically in the tier list.

Fix Mb staff spin whiffing
Fix flip kick whiffing on crouching opponents
Fix the air dash glitch where NW's characters spins rapidly
If possible, fix the fact that certain huge characters will never be crossed up by flip kick
Make his backdash recover faster in escrima, to help with his defensive options since his d1 is slow
Make his forward dash recover faster in escrima, to help with his problem against zoners

He doesn't need a low starter in escrima, his d1 in staff to be a low, or anything crazy. NW needs his bugs fixed, and his mobility tweaked so he has better offensive options for dealing with strong zoners, and better defensive options to deal with offensive characters who can disrespect his lack of "get off me" tools.
i like all of it, in fact i love it, is it gonna happen, i really really doubt it... NRS wants off this game already they just want MK10 now.. if some dedication where to be given to this game to make it close to what a final product should be, they would need to fix so many bugs and so many characters that it would take them a long long time... NW has everything he will ever need... the problem is with the system itself and how it works...

this game has HUGE stages yet it has the slowest walkspeeds iv ever seen in a fighting game.
Dashes for 90% of the rush down character have really big recoveries while some sooners can dash just as fast and recover probably faster
Major Bugs all around be it stage/character/frame specific this game is riddled with them
Misleading information like Mids not actually being Mids and whiff on certain crouchin opponents
Stages where the wall doesnt let you go anyfurther but specials and other stuff go thru making certain characters drop from combos for instance Zods MB heatvision doesnt recognise the corner and continues making the character drop out...

i mean the list could go on and on i rather not make this any longer pointing it out, fact is i doubt this patch will fix any of this stuff...