What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

She doesn't get enough love but she deserves it. I think they did a really good job on her making her unique even very unique compared to nightwing another two stanced character. I feel like Nightwings stances are little more obvious, rush down and long ranged poking, I think Wonderwoman will truly need to use both stances to fully get the affect of her. Lasso is long ranged, slower, but has better combo opprotunities and mobility. While Sword and Shield isnt as combo based but still is strong and takes less chip damage. Interesting character indeed... but I dont think ill use her lol :p

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
She has the best ongoing book right now. Lets hope that translates to this haha. She has neat tools but so does everyone. The sword and shield stance sounds useful because of the reduced chip damage

Malec

Noob
is it only chip damage or overall damage? they also said the sword&shield stance is her faster stance, that combined with the less damage, i guess that will be the go to stance to get from range (past zoning) into your opponent (i know in her lasso stance, she got the air dash, but i guess if you get to predictable with it, your opponent can anti air you easily), maybe getting a knockdown and then switch to lasso and mix them up

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
is it only chip damage or overall damage? they also said the sword&shield stance is her faster stance, that combined with the less damage, i guess that will be the go to stance to get from range (past zoning) into your opponent (i know in her lasso stance, she got the air dash, but i guess if you get to predictable with it, your opponent can anti air you easily), maybe getting a knockdown and then switch to lasso and mix them up
She also has a downward air-tiara throw and a dive-punch/kick. So, hoping it's Skarlet close air-dagger good.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I intend to use her. I like her sword and shield shenanigans. Seems like it might be fast enough to switch during a juggle and incr dmg. We'll see

Rabbit

thugs bunny
She's probably the first I'll try in the demo. I wouldn't doubt her as being a good character and all the people saying "Ew, WW" flocking to her because someone figures out some good shit with her.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Right, decided I'm gonna be a day 1 WW main if she stays similar to the PAX build.
First proper look into the demo I got was earlier to day for 1 hour, went to a tournament that was stick only having never played on a stick before in my life (looking down at the buttons before I press them kinda shit haha) and managed to get 3rd/4th with literally just B23.

I can see alot of potential in her I guess, almost Kenshi like how I played her. But then again, I know 0% about any other characters in the game in terms of moves/traits/mobility etc etc.

She just seemed to immediately gel with my kind of playstyle.

Death

Noob
Right, decided I'm gonna be a day 1 WW main if she stays similar to the PAX build.
First proper look into the demo I got was earlier to day for 1 hour, went to a tournament that was stick only having never played on a stick before in my life (looking down at the buttons before I press them kinda shit haha) and managed to get 3rd/4th with literally just B23.

I can see alot of potential in her I guess, almost Kenshi like how I played her. But then again, I know 0% about any other characters in the game in terms of moves/traits/mobility etc etc.

She's the same in the game after the first patch when it comes to attacks and specials. She did get a huge damage nerf though. All her bnbs are like 6-8% lower. But she still has one of the highest meterless combos in the game

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
She's the same in the game after the first patch when it comes to attacks and specials. She did get a huge damage nerf though. All her bnbs are like 6-8% lower. But she still has one of the highest meterless combos in the game
Good good I can work with that

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

I absolutely love her B2. The range is amazing!

I personally love playing WW but she's in a game where everyone has broken shit while she seems pretty fair. I do think her trait is one of the worst and she prob has one of the worst zoning games too
I dont think its fair to compare her trait with everybody elses because hers isnt even close to the normal ones. However her zoning (or lack there of) is shit.