What's new

General/Other "Champion of the Amazons!" Wonder Woman General Discussion

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So I've decided to pick up Dirty Diana. What are some tips to get going with her? I'm juat getting her bnbs down for now.
Spam IADG and shield bash, they're pretty much block infinites :DOGE

Know your pressure normals/strings and their gaps, get used to handling both stances even though you'll be in lasso most of the time.

The Highlander

There can be only one
So I've decided to pick up Dirty Diana. What are some tips to get going with her? I'm juat getting her bnbs down for now.
You play shazam right? So you'll be used to getting in patiently, just be aware that now you're wake-ups are nowhere near as good and your air normals aren't quite as good. However get used to having a way better anti-air, being able to air dash, never needing meter for damage, having a top 5 corner game and having way better normals in general. Learning to feel comfortable with punishes and movement is probably the toughest part of picking up a new character. Apart from that just keep doing what you're doing, the best way to learn a character is just to play them and get used to fighting the match-ups. I'm curious, why did you decide to pick her up?

mfkaoz

Banned
You play shazam right? So you'll be used to getting in patiently, just be aware that now you're wake-ups are nowhere near as good and your air normals aren't quite as good. However get used to having a way better anti-air, being able to air dash, never needing meter for damage, having a top 5 corner game and having way better normals in general. Learning to feel comfortable with punishes and movement is probably the toughest part of picking up a new character. Apart from that just keep doing what you're doing, the best way to learn a character is just to play them and get used to fighting the match-ups. I'm curious, why did you decide to pick her up?
She's always interested me as a character and watching people like KDZ, Filipinoman and Elite Goomba made her look really good. I really like spacing and footsies as well as fucking people over on hard knockdowns so she seemed like a perfect fit. Plus, I needed to pick up a secondary for the nw, gl, and ga matchups for Shazam. It was either her or Sinestro but I just don't like him lol.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I hope whomever I main in MKX is picked up by someone that consistently plays in locals. Having so little footage of Diana is saddening :(