What's new

General/Other Chain throw terminology, let's vote on it.

What should we name Grundy's throws?

• Total voters

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Alright, people are getting confused on what we should name the throws, so let's have a community vote on this.

Power-More damage
Health-reduced damage taken
Defense-less chip damage

The terminology I use for these are

Damage throw
health throw
Chip throw

So what should we, as a community, say?

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
I vote damage, health, chip. It's similar to the other ones, but actually lets new Grund-ers easily learn the effects of the throws.

tataki

Noob
Be as clear as possible.
You do more damage- "power" (calling it "damage" sounds like the throw itself does more damage, not a buff)
You take less damage- "defense" ("health" may sound like healing, which this game already has with wagers)
You don't take chip- "no chip"

Can't be more clear than that.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
it is more clear to be exact, and being exact means keeping it the same as the move list
if your playing grundy, you should know what his different chains do
if you want to make it simpler in any way, I recomend
PC
HC
DC

so combos key will look like this
1- light attack
2- med attack
3- hvy attack
pc, hc, dc - power chain, health chain, defence chain

and not like
1- light attack
2- med attack
3- hvy attack
DC - damage chain which is power chain
dC - defence chain which is health chain
CC - chip chain which is defence chain

confusing right? theres no need to change something that works completely fine, although the effort is appreciated

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
HC already means Hit confirm though, so it'll be weird if people are like. "Yeah, make sure you HC that f+1,3." Then they're gonna think, health chain the f+1,3? But I can hit a higher combo than that.

tataki

Noob
it is more clear to be exact, and being exact means keeping it the same as the move list
Official terms can be misleading. If you say "super gauge" everything knows what it means, despite each game calling it a different official name, like "tension", "circuit" etc.

The official name for supers in marvel is "hyper combo" but no one uses this term when you can just say "super".

If you have to explain to someone new that "defense grab" means you take less chip, not actually less damage, then your naming is flawed to begin with. "Defense" and "no chip" are both 7 notes on a keyboard so they both take the same time to type.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
its very easy to explain, it takes three seconds and thats it
we all understand, and i don't like underestimating people so i bet everyone else would too
my point is, exactyly your point, if you have to explain to somebody new, whats this? o this is chip chain which is the in game defence chain which means you take less damage from blocking
easyer to explain, defence chain you take less damage when blocking

and yea lol hc is hit confirm, hc 11 hc... shit i just threw my computer lol
na i was just saying if ya'll want to do something, like abbreviate alright, but changing the name makes no sence, itll just make it more confusing to newcomers, and member already know the chains anyways

Big Frog

Noob
Can anyone confirm, does Grundy sometimes say "Dirty Frog Water" or "Dirty Pond Water" during the Defense chain????