What's new

Cetrion's Krushing Blows

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
How does everyone feel about Cetrion's KBs? I feel like her 213 KB is great, it's a meaty 9f punish/interrupt, her boulder KB feels fine to me, the reward on it is very good. Her d2 KB is good like they all are. I feel like those are her only truly good KBs though. Her only KB I would describe as "okay" is probably her wall KB, it's pretty situational and the damage pay-off isn't that great (220 for those who are wondering) but it can work well on a read since wall AMP has good range.

For her terrible KBs: Her Geyser KB sucks, who is going to let you whiff that THREE times in a row? The pay-off sucks too since you can't AMP geyser after geyser KB so it's very similar damage or even less damage than just AMPing geyser. Tendril KB sucks too, the combo you get after it is basically the same damage wise as an AMP geyser combo but you only get this combo if your opponent fails to flawless block tendrils. Who the hell tries to flawless block a 28f move that is -35? I guess I'd rate her throw KB as terrible since she can't do it, and it's kind of situational even if she could, but throw KBs are idiotic and don't belong in this game to begin with.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
The air rock one where the opponent has too jump is pretty easy, not too sure bout the others though, haven't played much of her

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In an experienced MU you can go 5-10 games without hitting Air Rock because the opponent won't jump freely, so it becomes a hard read. Too slow. It isn't locked behind a wall of stupidity, but landing it is not easy. I'd rate her KBs slightly above garbage tier. Garbage tier is like Johnny Cage KBs, but she's the notch above.

-213 KB is amazing
-D2 KB is universal
-Air Rock KB won't land often, but the threat of it does help in the MU, as opponents know they can't get too comfortable jumping around.
-Throw KB lolz NRS please
-Geyser KB NRS please
-Vine Grab KB NRS please

So one KB is universal, one is amazing, one is average, and three are total useless garbage. I don't know why they made some characters with useless KBs, but then Geras, who is already godlike in all tools, has 4-5 easy to hit non-universal KBs every single match lol.

Eldagrin

In an experienced MU you can go 5-10 games without hitting Air Rock because the opponent won't jump freely, so it becomes a hard read. Too slow. It isn't locked behind a wall of stupidity, but landing it is not easy. I'd rate her KBs slightly above garbage tier. Garbage tier is like Johnny Cage KBs, but she's the notch above.

-213 KB is amazing
-D2 KB is universal
-Air Rock KB won't land often, but the threat of it does help in the MU, as opponents know they can't get too comfortable jumping around.
-Throw KB lolz NRS please
-Geyser KB NRS please
-Vine Grab KB NRS please

So one KB is universal, one is amazing, one is average, and three are total useless garbage. I don't know why they made some characters with useless KBs, but then Geras, who is already godlike in all tools, has 4-5 easy to hit non-universal KBs every single match lol.
I will say, her wall KB is kind of fun to use, I get the most mileage out of it against Sonya players trying to bf1 me in range of AMP wall.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I will say, her wall KB is kind of fun to use, I get the most mileage out of it against Sonya players trying to bf1 me in range of AMP wall.
Completely forgot about that one lol. I rarely use it outside of a few MUs where I use it often. It's been MU specific for me. I find it pretty good in MUs where people try to use air diagonal projectiles mid screen to space you, such as Jade and Kabal. Pretty easy to catch them on reaction on the recovery down with the KB. But that's the only time I use it so far.

Eldagrin

Completely forgot about that one lol. I rarely use it outside of a few MUs where I use it often. It's been MU specific for me. I find it pretty good in MUs where people try to use air diagonal projectiles mid screen to space you, such as Jade and Kabal. Pretty easy to catch them on reaction on the recovery down with the KB. But that's the only time I use it so far.
I have not played a single set with a Jade and most Kabals ive seen seemed content spamming ia straight axes at me like I’m Geras until they eat an air boulder, then they quit. I’m gonna have to steal that tech though, I didn’t think about using it to punish diagonal air projectiles.

Ayx

Omnipresent
I am trying to get her throw KB and I don't understand the requirements. They aren't like Scorpions requirement.
The description is incorrect. It's impossible to do in Komp play because the actual requirement is you need to be actively in an Aura buff's circle when doing a forward throw. Aura buffs are currently not available in komp (and tbh shouldn't ever be.)