What's new

Cetrion top charachter how?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Cetrion has a lot going for her. Both her variations are competitive, she has excellent zoning and rushdown respectively. She stands a fair chance against the top 5. She's a solid character with a tracking fullscreen FB and good tools all around.
yep, when the game first come out, people was harsh on her gameplay, but now, after the competition season, and all good placements of Dragon, yeah, she has potential .... she is not just a "one trick" brainless full screen zoner, nope ! she has a very interesting pression game, if you test things correctly in the training/ lab mode ;)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
yep, when the game first come out, people was harsh on her gameplay, but now, after the competition season, and all good placements of Dragon, yeah, she has potential .... she is not just a "one trick" brainless full screen zoner, nope ! she has a very interesting pression game, if you test things correctly in the training/ lab mode ;)
I wish I was as wrong about Jade as the Cetrion community was about Cetrion.

Cetrion top character how?Extremely good zoning,teleport to keep her safe or open you up,extremely good footsies,staggers,pokes and pressure.Last night I played against a cetrion and the player wasn't even zoning,he was playing up close and I could barely do something against her pressure.

Dragon is a great player and im sure if he picked for example skarlet and played her and practice as much as cetrion he would place with her same and no one would talk about cetrion being top bc dragon is only cetrion in tourneys . Instead ppl would talk about skarlet being top
The fact that he can use her in any match up against players who are just as good as him ( who also use top tiers) tells you that the character is top tier herself. Top tier is defined by the meta, and dragon shows that cetrion works very well in this meta.
On his stream he said that he tried Skarlet and also Shang, but realized that Cetrion does better in most MU.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Anyone going to also mention that her dashes (ESPECIALLY her backdash) are beyond insane? Like, #1 backdash and top 3 forward dash levels of powerful?

Cause that's definitely a very important note when talking about her stagger pressure insanity.

Goatse

Noob
I'm tired of this "Cetrion is hard" meme. This might be the case in high level, but it sure isn't the case for everything below tournament level play. Ill elaborate if anyone cares to ask.

I'm tired of this "Cetrion is hard" meme. This might be the case in high level, but it sure isn't the case for everything below tournament level play. Ill elaborate if anyone cares to ask.
Her optimal bnb’s and fullscreen conversions aren’t the easiest execution wise, and she requires good spacing to be a top tier pick. But if we are talking about the level of play where people don’t know how to deal with boulders, walls, and big normals then yes, she can just press buttons

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Well maybe not hard but harder when you compare her to playing jax or liu for example . Im cetrion main and for me playing erron when I tried him was a lot harder lol but maybe its just me .

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
No because scrubs don’t understand how to use those tools correctly.
I picked her up and on my way to demi god level, shes not particularly difficult and her stagger game is probably kang jax lvl if your patient theres nothing stopping her from carrying you.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Well maybe not hard but harder when you compare her to playing jax or liu for example . Im cetrion main and for me playing erron when I tried him was a lot harder lol but maybe its just me .
Cetrion playsthe game the way it was made to be played I think. Strong zoning but not to oppressive good buttons but not to great. Very little dirt yet doesnt feel weak. I've only been playing her like a week the MOST fun I've had with the game.

Wigy

There it is...
You some how worm your way in against her zoning and she doesn't manage to teleport away.

Then you have to get past the prick wall of amazing strings.

Every string is a good stagger, into a poke, which can be staggered with up rock, which is a psuedo stagger with the MB. Then when you think it's your turn stupid eagle flapping backdash and you get whiff punished.

Her s1 is like a 360 AA machine. You literally cannot jump on her ever. So you have to approach takeshis castle style through all the boulders, up rocks and bullshit extended hurtbox stagger buttons.

You some how worm your way in against her zoning and she doesn't manage to teleport away.

Then you have to get past the prick wall of amazing strings.

Every string is a good stagger, into a poke, which can be staggered with up rock, which is a psuedo stagger with the MB. Then when you think it's your turn stupid eagle flapping backdash and you get whiff punished.

Her s1 is like a 360 AA machine. You literally cannot jump on her ever. So you have to approach takeshis castle style through all the boulders, up rocks and bullshit extended hurtbox stagger buttons.
Lmao. So very well said.

Does she even legitimately have bad matchups? Who beats her? Scorpion? I've seen people say Nightwolf but I'm gonna need to see more of that.

Wigy

There it is...
Lmao. So very well said.

Does she even legitimately have bad matchups? Who beats her? Scorpion? I've seen people say Nightwolf but I'm gonna need to see more of that.
I think people see one big matchup thing and jump the gun.

He can reflect boulder lol 9-1 nightwolf

I remember when people said jade beats cetrion LOL.

Also goes to show how strong her zoning is, she can essentially play as a footsie beast - albeit with low damage and win against characters who can shut down her zoning game.