What's new

Cetrion top charachter how?

MKR

Noob
how could Cetrion still in Top 5 she has zoning only and we can say air teleport is good options and if you have that 2 things are enough for her then describe me how i play with her since mk11 release but still i can't understand how she is good character in mk11 or maybe i am not playing good with her.

what bad things i notice with her is Her wakeup is bad, she is slow even her move are also slow , and opponent can easily come close to her.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The only thing I’ve heard with how to play Cetrion comes in two ways: first, knowing the other characters, ESPECIALLY with Cetrion because her zoning only works against those that are vulnerable to it. Second, she is probably one of the more patient characters where you have to be willing to do boring stuff and wait for your opponent to mess up and give you an opportunity.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
The only thing I’ve heard with how to play Cetrion comes in two ways: first, knowing the other characters, ESPECIALLY with Cetrion because her zoning only works against those that are vulnerable to it. Second, she is probably one of the more patient characters where you have to be willing to do boring stuff and wait for your opponent to mess up and give you an opportunity.
Yeah for example vs some characters you just cant throw rocks cuz they can punish on reaction . She is good when u know mus and are patient so u nailed it .

Yeah for example vs some characters you just cant throw rocks cuz they can punish on reaction . She is good when u know mus and are patient so u nailed it .
Liu can hit Cetrion with a fireball on reaction to boulder startup right?

My reactions are slow as shit so I get boulder spammed but I felt like it was possible in the lab

MKR

Noob
Cetrion has a great stagger and footsie game and you should use that to see how annoying she can get when you utilize her zoning, teleporting, AND staggering up close.

People have mostly caught up on how to deal with her zoning so that alone won't get you far anymore.
she doesn't have combos , her KB requirement is also difficult, and upclose is not good she is slow. if any of you watch the my match video then suggest me what move or trick i didn't do against my opponent

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Her zoning is not what makes the character good, that's just a bonus. Her footsie and stagger game are what make her insane. Rock wall is arguably the best footsie tools in the game, f2 is a solid mid, and s1 imo is one of the best normals in the game with it's range, non existent hurtbox, great staggers, and doubling as a top tier anti air.

xKMMx

Banned
ARe you kidding? Just watch Dragon play her. Granted he is obviously TOp 2 player in the world right now seeing as he made it to Grand Finals in CEO and Evo.
But its a perfect example of how amazing she is if you utilize her tools correctly.

Reactions: jmt

DanCock

Cock Master!!
shes good, every character in this game is good. the main issue with this game are the players, a lot of us aren't good or are average at best. this is not an insult, its because every MK game that comes out has new game mechanics. its not like tekken, street fighter, soul cal, or smush where the games are relatively the same as the last.

there are a subset of players that are able to adapt faster then others.

i am in the group of players that will need a lot of time to be decent at this game.

I can't hear you over Kano ball's armor

:DOGE
lol bring that daddy kano to me again. side note thanks for inviting me last night to the KOTH. i left because i just dont have the time to wait to play. sunday evening ill have time, invite me then.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Her space control is extremely good. She makes characters work really hard to get close and then even once they're in they feel like they have to take risks to open her up. Her movement with wavedash is extremely good, especially combined with her teleport. She has good pokes and it's difficult to play a normal poke/counterpoke game with her because of rock wall - and that opens the opponent up to a ton of throws. Her s1 is one of the best anti airs in the game, combined with having a general gameplan that makes the opponent want to jump a lot. In addition to being a great aa, s1 probably has better horizontal range than any other 8 frame jab in the game, and is great for staggers, hitconfirms into combo, and is great on block. F23 is a really strong string that while technically unsafe makes your opponent guess and put themselves at risk if they want a punish. Really her only weakness are a somewhat weak wake up game(and not really that weak compared to some of the cast) and somewhat low combo damage(which she makes up for with her full screen combos).

she doesn't have combos , her KB requirement is also difficult, and upclose is not good she is slow. if any of you watch the my match video then suggest me what move or trick i didn't do against my opponent
I didn't watch all the videos but from what I saw you weren't making use of s1 at all, f23 was pretty much the only normal you were using outside of combos. Your poke game was kind of weak, you don't use her d3 or d4 much at all which are both very strong. You weren't taking full advantage of your zoning options - particularly her fullscreen frametraps after laser or boulder. Her zoning is very momentum based and you weren't capitalizing on that. You also weren't doing a great job of hitconfirming, which often lead to dropped damage or commiting unnecessarily to unsafe options(like f23~vinegrab on block). Your get up game would also benefit from more use of roll and delayed get up. I also didn't see any wavedashing
I don't say any of this to blow you up - I'm sure you could come up with a ton of criticisms of my gameplay if I were brave enough to upload some of my matches here - but just to point out that there are tools that you aren't utilizing fully for this character

Last edited:
Liu can hit Cetrion with a fireball on reaction to boulder startup right?

My reactions are slow as shit so I get boulder spammed but I felt like it was possible in the lab
No, maybe flying kick no fireball it’d take to long to reach by the time you react

We are talking about Spring Cleaning variation here, right ?!Who said she doesn’t have combos? Her optimal combo off F23 does 275 for a bar, that isn’t bad at all. She also does 400+ of 214 and d2 KB.
I don’t think it is appropriate to ask how a character can be considered top tier, when there is a super consistent top 2 placing pro player that uses her exclusively)

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
We are talking about Spring Cleaning variation here, right ?!Who said she doesn’t have combos? Her optimal combo off F23 does 275 for a bar, that isn’t bad at all. She also does 400+ of 214 and d2 KB.
I don’t think it is appropriate to ask how a character can be considered top tier, when there is a super consistent top 2 placing pro player that uses her exclusively)
Dragon is a great player and im sure if he picked for example skarlet and played her and practice as much as cetrion he would place with her same and no one would talk about cetrion being top bc dragon is only cetrion in tourneys . Instead ppl would talk about skarlet being top

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Dragon is a great player and im sure if he picked for example skarlet and played her and practice as much as cetrion he would place with her same and no one would talk about cetrion being top bc dragon is only cetrion in tourneys . Instead ppl would talk about skarlet being top
Think dragon plays cetrion because she's better than scarlett

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Cetrion has a lot going for her. Both her variations are competitive, she has excellent zoning and rushdown respectively. She stands a fair chance against the top 5. She's a solid character with a tracking fullscreen FB and good tools all around.