What's new

Cetrion - Too Much "Injustice"? Yes or No?

Is Cetrion too Much "Injustice"?

• Yes.

Votes: 157 54.7%
  • No.

Votes: 130 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I guess you didn't look hard enough. I remember them saying it hundreds of people on Reddit, Discord and Twitter so I did a quick Google search and found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/65lzna

Just because you look at news from multiple sources about NRS titles doesn't mean you seen all of it. I along with most the members on TYM do that and there is always someone who finds that hidden gem on here.
Got it

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I know the game isnt out yet but she looks pretty annoying to fight against.
She has Lots of zoning options, anti zoning so you cant throw your own in order to close the distance and kabal style 50/50's.

Im definitely gona learn someone with a teleport this game haha
I never understood why anyone complained about multiple types of zoning tools? All of them have options to evade.
Highs can be ducked,
mids are slower and longer recovery which can be partied, blocked, moved in on and flawless blocked.
Lows can be jumped, bunny hopped and flawless blocked and with certain moves counter zoned.
Overhead projectiles can be sidesteped, dashed, flawless blocked, parried, and countered with many moves including faster lows.

Yes she has counter zoning but it can't be spammed on a decent player because it's only effective on reads.

And for the 50/50s I can say with almost near certainty that she will have slower normals since she is a zoning character. Her pokes will be slow so if you can out play her in close neutral she won't be doing 50/50s.

what i dont like about cetrion is purely visual: they just mesh all colours together, cold and warm, strong and mild, so that in the end there is just an unidentifiable mess. the classic sub, scorpion or human jade designs in mk11 show that nrs can do waaay better.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This like the new norm now with new characters?
If Not a ninja or monster, too Injustice looking. :confused: Because it's not like MK isn't diverse with various races, species, creatures, etc....

Cetrion looks like an MK character to me because she's clearly God looking being a God of immense power. By this logic if Raiden and Shinnok were newer, they'd be considered "Injustice-y" too according to some people.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I never understood why anyone complained about multiple types of zoning tools? All of them have options to evade.
Highs can be ducked,
mids are slower and longer recovery which can be partied, blocked, moved in on and flawless blocked.
Lows can be jumped, bunny hopped and flawless blocked and with certain moves counter zoned.
Overhead projectiles can be sidesteped, dashed, flawless blocked, parried, and countered with many moves including faster lows.

Yes she has counter zoning but it can't be spammed on a decent player because it's only effective on reads.

And for the 50/50s I can say with almost near certainty that she will have slower normals since she is a zoning character. Her pokes will be slow so if you can out play her in close neutral she won't be doing 50/50s.
Theres nothing wrong with good zoning tools. I just like zoners to have a prefered zone where they shine. She seems to cover every part of the screen. And that anti zoning move looks pretty quick!

Regarding the 50/50s...As seen in the Kombat kast she has strings that end in an overhead and a low special that can be enhanced to lead into a combo which is a better pay off than kabals as he gets one KB at the most. I can imagine this being pretty frustrating once you get in on her and have to block a string which will put the mix on you and possibly eat a combo and launch you fullscreen if you guess wrong.

I hope she has a nice balance of abilities across her variations and NRS doesnt go crazy like we all know they likw to sometimes.
Im probably just overreacting if not i can always counterpick anyways lol

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
I’ve never seen anyone say that and I remember when Boon said in 2014 that the next MK will use the new engine and that they started toning down the sexualizstion since Injustice 1. I’m basically saying that I’ve read all news regarding MK and had never heard anyone call D’Vorah or Ferra/Torr injustice characters.
People will make any lie to prove point . sad .

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
This like the new norm now with new characters?
If Not a ninja or monster, too Injustice looking. :confused: Because it's not like MK isn't diverse with various races, species, creatures, etc....

Cetrion looks like an MK character to me because she's clearly God looking being a God of immense power. By this logic if Raiden and Shinnok were newer, they'd be considered "Injustice-y" too according to some people.
Erron black , Cassie , Ferra , jacky are not ninjas or monsters and look like MK characters . Now , Geras is Darkseid , Centrion is Poison ivy , and Kolector is Scarecrow . If you dont see the resemblance i dont know what to say to you .

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
SUCCESSrion looks like the most amazing, supremely powerful zoner ever. I love zoner characters. Instead of learning Kombos, I can just grow to the size of a planet and unleash an orbital death beam. And I'm happy with that. I'm interested to see her other skins. There's a lot that can be done with an Elder God with the power to control elemental forces.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Hell yes... this character is not a good choice in the roster. Maybe in the story mode like a god behind the scenes. But she looks like very too powerfull compare to the others.
Shinnok is a good compromise in terms of strengh.

kcd117

Noob
I think she is pretty cool and MK-wise her power seems quite original. I don’t really remember any Gaia-like characters in the lore before her.

Imho the only reason she is getting some hate is bc she seems to be a Zoning archetype. If she was shown getting in and mixing shit up with flashy moves in her breakdown I bet a lot of people would be on board on the Cetrion train.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
seems like a lot of people need to be reminded that injustice is made by NRS, mortal kombat is made by NRS. Cetrion is a NRS created character. if she looks certain way its because the same group of people are designing these characters, not shocked if they look the same lolol

she looks great!! cant wait to get my hands on her

She looks like she's from Injustice, but I wonder why the Cetrion mains are mad about this. I don't mind this, it's a just bit weird to see a more colorful character in a dark themed series like MK.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
She looks like she's from Injustice, but I wonder why the Cetrion mains are mad about this. I don't mind this, it's a just bit weird to see a more colorful character in a dark themed series like MK.
This series is most famous for brightly rainbow colored ninjas. MKX is the only game in the series that has really had a muted palette.

This thread is kind of funny because every time a new Injustice comes out people talk about how such-and-such character feels right out of MK.

Lord Snotty

seems like a lot of people need to be reminded that injustice is made by NRS, mortal kombat is made by NRS. Cetrion is a NRS created character. if she looks certain way its because the same group of people are designing these characters, not shocked if they look the same lolol

she looks great!! cant wait to get my hands on her
Exactly. There's bound to be a certain amount of creative crossover. Regardless, Cetrion is going to take her rightful place as our #1 fave in Cetrion Kombat 11.

MKF30

Erron black , Cassie , Ferra , jacky are not ninjas or monsters and look like MK characters . Now , Geras is Darkseid , Centrion is Poison ivy , and Kolector is Scarecrow . If you dont see the resemblance i dont know what to say to you .
It's an opinion, not a fact though that "this guy looks like this, that guy looks like that" If Injustice didn't exist, nobody would be complaining about this. Erron Black is a cowboy, honestly at first he looked like he didn't fit in that's not to say he didn't look cool but Cowboys vs Ninjas with hell powers doesn't exactly blend in most universes but that's why I said it's MK, there's already tons of variety. And Cetrion isn't poison ivy, she's a billion times more powerful, can control ALL the elements not just the green like Ivy is limited to and would literally stomp Ivy.

Kollector's stance looks like Scarecrow but last time I checked, SC is a human with fear gas and Kollector isn't even human with 6 arms looks like something out of LOTR and Geras is nothing like Darkseid. Don't know how you're getting these comparisons honestly. That being said, Kollector and Scarecrow are nothing alike. The only remote similarity is like I said their game design fighting stance. But that's where it ends. By your logic, Erron Black=Deadshot. Clearly that's not the case just cause both are mercenaries for hire who happen to use guns.

The closest one cosmetically for someone that doesn't read comics or play MK would be Cetrion and Ivy but again, their powers are very different. The better argument would be Deadpool being an obvious ripoff of Deathstroke since he was made as parody of DS. Also, I'd gladly take Cetrion and Kollector any day over boring Jacqui. You talk about similarities, she's literally Jax female 2.0. I won't be playing Kollector but at least he's original.

As an artist myself, I can say the problem is this. People are confusing artistic style with actual knockoff. There's a huge difference. Just because Cetrion and Ivy have similar artistic styles, doesn't mean they're the same. By this logic, all the MK ninjas are the same then clearly not the case.

Last edited:

Lord Snotty

By that logic, Kabal is a Flash rip-off. He even gets similar animation for his speed force moves. But really...does that stop him (or the others) being essentially Mortal Kombat? No, I don't think so.

MKF30

By that logic, Kabal is a Flash rip-off. He even gets similar animation for his speed force moves. But really...does that stop him (or the others) being essentially Mortal Kombat? No, I don't think so.
Exactly, if anything they totally took Flash's speed force ability with Kabal's first fatality yet he's never displayed doing that in the canon.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i also would add that i was a Kasual MKX player pretty much when tremor came out and he was the first person i thought of when i first saw cetrion. after seeing the kollector i first thought of Scarecrow.