What's new

Cetrion - Too Much "Injustice"? Yes or No?

Is Cetrion too Much "Injustice"?

• Yes.

Votes: 157 54.7%
  • No.

Votes: 130 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crow

Noob
I think the reason she looks "Injustice-y" is two-fold:

1. her design doesn't tell us anything about her personality. She has the typical superhero design where all you get from looking at her is her movelist. Not anything about who she is. That's why people say it's bland.

2. she doesn't look like she has anything to do with Mortality or Kombat. Raiden and Shinnok are gods, yet they both still have to wear armor to protect themselves. Meanwhile this chick looks like Superman at a Batman's Rogue's Gallery convention. Way above everybody else's paygrade and wildly out of place.

I do agree. She's probably not bad gameplay-wise (I might even like her style ;d), but my first impression was: Too obvious cartoonish, villainous / superhero, Injustice vibe.

Yes, all MK characters (to some degree) are like that, but I'd say, it's like Nolan's Batman trilogy vs Marvel movies... Basically same idea but completely different tone.

DeftMonk

Noob
Her design really reminds me of Dizzy in GG for some reason with the fire / earth stuff. But really seems uninspired. Nothing makes me want to think "oh I want to play as that" or "oh I want to play vs that" at all. Mad zoning? Teleport? super fast punish with decent range? All looking uninspired in design? Id rather just straight up have goro lol.

I dunno why every character has to be maximum expressionism. Why does the nature-themed lady have to have flowers and rocks and shit flying around her? OG Reptile was an ophidian ninja but he didnt constantly eat insects and climb trees. MK is becoming less and less thrash metal and more dubstep

Raider

Noob
Some ppl just fail to realize that Injustice =/= bad. No one is trying to say that.
I am not sure why are some of you attacking me and others for thinking the way we do about Cetrion? It's up to you is Cetrion looking more like Injustice character than MK bad or good thing, or maybe you just don't care? But i repeat, i am not saying that it's a bad thing.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Trying to predict who will be in the next game is pointless. Baraka survived MK9 but missed out on the next game; and in that same game got his brain shoved into his asshole, and he was revealed before Sub-Zero was in MK11. Stop wasting your time.

Last edited:
OMG! You all are just so traumatized by Injustice that every time you see a projectile, or a move showcasing actual Godlike power you scream Injustice3.
Don't you remember when MKX came out Raiden's X-Ray was called Injusticy ( or Shazam's Super), freaking Ermac was called Injusticy because he was flying and a lot of his normals were telekinetic, what some of you "true fighting fans" woudn't call fighting. And guess what ? It ended up being very MK.
Or the more recent situation with the reveal event for MK11))) I thought Baraka with his projectile belonged to I3 as most people said after seeing 5 minutes of his gameplay. Does he feel like that now?

A God shouldn't fight like a mortal pleb, it should be magic, elemental power, telekinesis, etc. some of Cetrion's awesome normals we've seen represent that very well. As does her fatality.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Injustice...not mk style!!!! Im dissapointed her fatality was a gorey inj super move. And her moves / gameplay felt like it too...looks like she popped out of an injustice background color scheme too..da eff approved this over requested characters we wanted in the main roster?..focus group fail..worse than noobs voice fail
NRS did...because it's their game. I wanted Reptile to be player and have a decent role in MK11, but so far no sign of him. And I'm okay with that. Same for Ermac.

Also, how can you determine what a character's moves feel like when you've never even played the character?

Look, I know everyone seemingly wants MK9 + a dash of 3D era (namely Fujin/Havik) as the roster, but you're just setting yourself up for massive disappointment if you keep believing NRS is just going to keep re-releasing MK9's roster. There's nothing wrong with taking risks and experimenting with new and fresh characters, even if that means a few staples have to sit out a game or be relegated to DLC.

I dunno why every character has to be maximum expressionism. Why does the nature-themed lady have to have flowers and rocks and shit flying around her? OG Reptile was an ophidian ninja but he didnt constantly eat insects and climb trees. MK is becoming less and less thrash metal and more dubstep
It never was thrash metal. If you mean *dark and gritty*, I'm having a difficult time finding when MK was ever that. MK 1 had a ninja running around in a shiny gold uniform. MK 2 had a dude throwing around a buzzsaw hat, and a monster with metal blades sticking out of his arms.

MK 3 had cybernetic ninjas, four-armed monster ladies and...a police officer.

I could go on, but do I really need to? The closest MK has ever come to thrash metal is when it literally had a heavy metal theme (Fear Factory's "Zero Signal") for the Scorpion vs Johnny Cage fight in the original MK movie.

If you're looking for a super-serious and edgy game/series, MK is definitely not it. And that's coming from a fan of the series who's comfortable with its aesthetic and tone.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
How to spark controversy 101 in a fighting game fanbase:

1. Show off a character that looks different from the rest of the cast, and has a visually intense moveset
2. ....?
3. Watch as the community fights over it
4. Profit

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The design is very fantasy inspired which is fine, because literally anything can work in MK. If people don't know this by now then you're not a true MK fan. Look at what we have already Gods, Demons, Cyborgs, Ninjas, different races bug people, Centaurs, half dragon/half human etc, etc so I honestly don't get the whining over "omg she looks so out of place" not really lol, she's an Elder God so she can look however she wants.

WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS GOOD IS NO ONE EVER HAPPY

SERIOUSLY I DON'T MEAN TO SOUND LIKE A DICK BUT WHAT THE HELL
lol people will NEVER be happy with what they're given no matter the game man. It's just how humans are, perfect we are definitely not lol.

Last edited:
pretty sure a lot of people were surprised when she came back. put her in the pile of one and dones. just like seth from sf4. characters that can do everything are lame imo.
Well she will be two and done. Jacqui that is. I wasn’t surprised and I don’t think anyone really believes she was requested. Cetrion just doesn’t seem right. Maybe bc too many of her moves are borrowed. She’s going to be super annoying to play esp if the push block is high.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
I know the game isnt out yet but she looks pretty annoying to fight against.
She has Lots of zoning options, anti zoning so you cant throw your own in order to close the distance and kabal style 50/50's.

Im definitely gona learn someone with a teleport this game haha

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I know the game isnt out yet but she looks pretty annoying to fight against.
She has Lots of zoning options, anti zoning so you cant throw your own in order to close the distance and kabal style 50/50's.

Im definitely gona learn someone with a teleport this game haha
You could learn Cetrion.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I’ve never seen anyone say that and I remember when Boon said in 2014 that the next MK will use the new engine and that they started toning down the sexualizstion since Injustice 1. I’m basically saying that I’ve read all news regarding MK and had never heard anyone call D’Vorah or Ferra/Torr injustice characters.
I guess you didn't look hard enough. I remember them saying it hundreds of people on Reddit, Discord and Twitter so I did a quick Google search and found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/65lzna
Just because you look at news from multiple sources about NRS titles doesn't mean you seen all of it. I along with most the members on TYM do that and there is always someone who finds that hidden gem on here.