What's new

Cetrion - Too Much "Injustice"? Yes or No?

Is Cetrion too Much "Injustice"?

• Yes.

Votes: 157 54.7%
  • No.

Votes: 130 45.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider

Noob
I am seeing a lot of discussion about this online. It looks like majority of ppl find her cool looking and interesting but also that she looks like she belongs more in Injustice than MK.

Imo. there are 2 most important things why ppl find her more fitting for Injustice.

-She looks like Poison Ivy, with both her look and her moves. She is using natural elements in her combat basically all the time.

-Her Fatality looks like a Super move from Injustice. It definitely looked like Starfire/Supergirl or even few other Super moves from Injustice.

I am not really disappointed about what i saw. I just feel like they should have trird to make her little more original and different. She still looks super cool to me, maybe because i really liked PI in Injustice 2. I will play her but i was expecting her to be more vile and not be focused so much on zoning and using natural elements all the time.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
She looks nothing like poison ivy beyond the fact that she's green and has vines in what looks to be two moves. That's the weakest comparison/complaint I've ever seen.

On the other hand, her fatality is definitely Injusticey but it doesn't really bother me. She's an Elder God. If she didn't do something like that people would be crying about how she's a god but the moves don't track it.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
I'm probably the least qualified person to comment on this, since I couldn't play Injustice, but I think the only thing similar to the game is the kinda wacky, comic-book like Fatality. It reminds me of a lot of Superman's super move.

I think it would've been a bit cooler if she also destroyed the stage, and we only saw the remains of the opponent's screaming skeleton before completely evaporating into dust.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
People called D'Vorah and Ferra/Torr from MKX Injustice look-a-likes as well. Remember that? I remember it.
Most of the comments about Cetrion right now are just kneejerk reactions.
Same shit happens the other way around actually, I remember people calling Black Canary a Sonya clone and Doctor Fate an Ermac clone.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Yes.
Say whatever the hell you want. This isn’t MortalKombat character. Even Alien was a MK character.
No fighting moves (punches, kicks), only elemental projectiles. Her fatality is basically Injustice super. Cut that last scene, show it to anyone they will assume it’s a new dlc character for Injustice.
I don’t even wanna know why does an Elder God (not fallen Elder god like Shinnok) poke her nose in the affairs of mortals.
Her design sucks too in my opinion.
Trash talk me all you want, this is what I think. I’d even be down for Bo Rai Cho goddamn it.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
My only real criticism for Cetrion is that her Fatal Blow and Fatality should have been switched. The Fatal looks way more savage.

I think Cetrion can fit Injustice and MK just fine, if anything she has a bit familiar yet otherworldly/godly design that many super heroes have which is where i think the comparison comes from. Otherwise NRS makes both Injustice and MK.

DragonofDadashov24

People called D'Vorah and Ferra/Torr from MKX Injustice look-a-likes as well. Remember that? I remember it.
Most of the comments about Cetrion right now are just kneejerk reactions.
Same shit happens the other way around actually, I remember people calling Black Canary a Sonya clone and Doctor Fate an Ermac clone.
I’ve never seen anyone say that and I remember when Boon said in 2014 that the next MK will use the new engine and that they started toning down the sexualizstion since Injustice 1. I’m basically saying that I’ve read all news regarding MK and had never heard anyone call D’Vorah or Ferra/Torr injustice characters.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The second she came out my first impression was "Poison Ivy 2.0" But by the end of the trailer I saw that it was probably what they wanted Poison Ivy wanted to be. It actually makes me wonder what they're planning for Injustice 3, given that MK11 feels incredibly different from MKX for me.

DragonofDadashov24

I can already tell what happens next.
People will say “If you don’t like the character then don’t play it.” No shit. I’ll pretty much do that.
My problem is that I’m not sure if this charaxter gets balanced on launch and should we expect Deadshot/ Sorcerer and Summoner Quan Chi from this character online. You might say “There are other characters that can be broken” Yeah, but the fact she’s a zoning heavy character (I might be wrong though) doesn’t put me at ease here.