What's new

Cetrion - Reveal Trailer

Comments

Worst MK design so far. Uninspired, bland and generic.

how can other earthlings compete with this?
How can an Earthling compete with Shao Kahn? Or Raiden? Or Fujin? Or Onaga?

How can an actor compete with a robot who shoots nets out of its chest? How can a demon ninja compete with a 4-armed dragon man?

Yeah, let's think too deep into how it makes sense NOW. Raiden zapped and killed Liu Kang accidentally. How can anyone compete with him if he's intentionally trying to kill them?? He just took out Earthrealm's champion like it was nothing. Literally, nobody on the roster should be able to take him on, but here we are.

It's never that serious. It's a fantasy world. With magical characters fighting each other. Y'all suddenly taking everything so seriously when it's something you don't approve of, but yikes, it's happening anyway.

How can an Earthling compete with Shao Kahn? Or Raiden? Or Fujin? Or Onaga?

How can an actor compete with a robot who shoots nets out of its chest? How can a demon ninja compete with a 4-armed dragon man?

Yeah, let's think too deep into how it makes sense NOW. Raiden zapped and killed Liu Kang accidentally. How can anyone compete with him if he's intentionally trying to kill them?? He just took out Earthrealm's champion like it was nothing. Literally, nobody on the roster should be able to take him on, but here we are.

It's never that serious. It's a fantasy world. With magical characters fighting each other. Y'all suddenly taking everything so seriously when it's something you don't approve of, but yikes, it's happening anyway.
Mokap and Meat were parodies, so they don't really count, it's what parodies are. Drahmin I consider a more original character then Cetrion.

Drahmin's story: one of two Oni, demons of the 5th plane of the Netherrealm. He wields an iron club mounted on his right arm and wears a mask, which is an artifact called the Face of Kun-Lo. Wearing it allows him to control his rage and fight with his disciplined Netherrealm style. Removing it causes him to go into Oni style where he loses his focus and attacks with murderous insanity. Drahmin was not always a demon; as centuries ago, he was a cruel human warlord in Outworld. For his crimes, he died and was exiled to the Netherrealm where his body and soul were to be tortured for all eternity. As the years dragged on, he fell further and further into insanity until his humanity was lost altogether. He eventually accepted his fate and submitted to the power of the Netherrealm, re-emerging from the depths of the Netherrealm as Drahmin: the Oni Tormentor

Cetrion story: God with elemental powers (maybe there's more, we'll see when the game is out). But as it stands right now, it's the most generic charater. And I don't like the design too. So don't try to convince me otherwise. Imagine Shinnok would just look like your generic Bathomet or any other generic Satan depiction, or one of the Reaper's designs. I would say the same thing about him.

Mokap and Meat were parodies, so they don't really count, it's what parodies are. Drahmin I consider a more original character then Cetrion.

Drahmin's story: one of two Oni, demons of the 5th plane of the Netherrealm. He wields an iron club mounted on his right arm and wears a mask, which is an artifact called the Face of Kun-Lo. Wearing it allows him to control his rage and fight with his disciplined Netherrealm style. Removing it causes him to go into Oni style where he loses his focus and attacks with murderous insanity. Drahmin was not always a demon; as centuries ago, he was a cruel human warlord in Outworld. For his crimes, he died and was exiled to the Netherrealm where his body and soul were to be tortured for all eternity. As the years dragged on, he fell further and further into insanity until his humanity was lost altogether. He eventually accepted his fate and submitted to the power of the Netherrealm, re-emerging from the depths of the Netherrealm as Drahmin: the Oni Tormentor

Cetrion story: God with elemental powers (maybe there's more, we'll see when the game is out). But as it stands right now, it's the most generic charater. And I don't like the design too. So don't try to convince me otherwise. Imagine Shinnok would just look like your generic Bathomet or any other generic Satan depiction, or one of the Reaper's designs. I would say the same thing about him.
and shes shinnoks sis and daughter of Kronika

You literally contradicted yourself in the same post. Yes Raiden and Fujin are based on Japanese mythology but the rest of them are based on either religion or Greek mythology. So yes they are perfectly comparable.
How did I contradict myself, read the post carefully:

"All those people comparing all MK Gods to Greek Gods are misinformed and need to play Mythologies Sub-Zero and read about where John Tobias got a lot of his inspiration from with his characters, especially the God Characters (In addition to Movies and Pop Culture)."

I said people comparing ALL the MK Gods to Greek Mythology. I acknowledge that some of them can be compared to Greek Mythology or Religion hence why I mentioned it in the previous post. See below:

"Shinnok is different though as his story takes inspiration from Judeo-Christian beliefs in how he was cast down from the Heavens and banished to the Netherealm. He is essentially the Devil of MK even though In Mythologies it does say he killed Lucifer to take over the Netherealm.

Cetrion and Kronika you can probably say are more Greek influenced in some way."

Hope that clarifies what I meant. Thanks