What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

MuMuGuy

Noob
Conflux is still dookie, but being able to end combos with Deadly Winds is a massive buff to Born Again. That combo ender being a restand is phenomenal, especially since her only launchers are KB d2 and KB 213.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Born again is pretty good now , i would say better than FON . But how do you guys use her auras ? any setups or tips ?

Cetrion gives zero fucks about robocop and probably beats funjin. Time will tell how the fly walker mu will play out but it’s in cet favor. The sheets variation that makes you guess btw ground pound and front/back/ontop teleport Has been the hardest thing I have played lol bc of the yolo.
anyome find a magice trick to beat all three teleports From sheeva?

was hoping the patch would give me another character to main but cetrion is just too good. Still top 5.

Born again is pretty good now , i would say better than FON . But how do you guys use her auras ? any setups or tips ?
fon is better than born again. 21 ground pound and 213 is a true 50/50. Btw that and spring cleaning you hv every Mu in the game covered. Born again does nothing that spring cleaning cannot. just use vine instead of geyser or finish with 21wall if they have breakaway.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Her tornado on block now acts like mb wall but for free no meter , more pushback and no gap between hits . On hit it restands and you get stike /throw mix . String into mb vine 4 wind gives you dmg almost like in spring cleaning ,bit lower but again restands them close to you for mix . From s1 AA you get meterless restand using nado . On block lets say 11 nado leaves them in perfect range for far wall , they cant move . U sure fon is better ? ;) The 50/50 you mentioned is not enough to make it good . Ground pound suck at zoning , any good player will jump between hits . And you have no wall or anything in neutral . Poke into special dont exists in this var .

Last edited:

MuMuGuy

Noob
Conflux is only worth using against a cornered opponent. Midscreen gives the opponent too much real estate to walk away. Besides Amplified Tendril Pull, I usually pop Conflux after 212, 213, or b32.

• 212 - good knockback on hit and safe on block
  • 213 - sliding knockdown on hit, but unsafe on block (though hard for some to punish) due to pushback. Requires conditioning the opponent to block low
  • b32 - see 212 description
Needless to say, only use Conflux on hit, as it’s a combo video punish otherwise. Sliding knockdowns are important with Conflux since it allows Cetrion players to position her to punish WU Rolls with a grab

Vs sheeva smash and grab you can teleport on traction and appear right in her face no matter which version of the stomp she is doing. In neutral I like to jump back a lot and react to ground pound (land and geyser) or stomp teleport and full combo punish. If you do it too soon she will track but normal reaction timing makes her miss every time. Not many characters have an answer for smash and grab like this.

Her tornado on block now acts like mb wall but for free no meter , more pushback and no gap between hits . On hit it restands and you get stike /throw mix . String into mb vine 4 wind gives you dmg almost like in spring cleaning ,bit lower but again restands them close to you for mix . From s1 AA you get meterless restand using nado . On block lets say 11 nado leaves them in perfect range for far wall , they cant move . U sure fon is better ? ;) The 50/50 you mentioned is not enough to make it good . Ground pound suck at zoning , any good player will jump between hits . And you have no wall or anything in neutral . Poke into special dont exists in this var .
I still think it is a much vs version of spring cleaning. The teleport and geyser just add too much. FON has a place in the game though. I like that vs high born and a few others that can punish the gap in ground pound.

Also the restand with nado isn’t very good as it’s only plus 2 unless you burn the bar then you’re plus ten. But I really don’t want to burn 2 bars with her. Plus 2 only gives you a d1 or micro back dash b3 to whiff punish mashed d1’s.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I have come back to MK11 now that Mileena is back and I want to pick up Cetrion and I have a few questions which I was hoping to get help with.

Now that customs are allowed, what is currently her best build/s?
Any moves you should avoid?
Any general tips?

Thanks a heap for your help :D