What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

Wall hits to, didn't think jade won before she definitely doesnt now.
it was probably even. before the teleport nerf I would say cet had an advantage as you could run away free. now shadow kick punishes. another interesting thing, jade teleport is -8 so its safe vs cetrion. the threat of it will slow down the zoning.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
it was probably even. before the teleport nerf I would say cet had an advantage as you could run away free. now shadow kick punishes. another interesting thing, jade teleport is -8 so its safe vs cetrion. the threat of it will slow down the zoning.
How do you BA stacks up competitively?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Can someone help me counter Geras' F212 as Cetrion? I know her D1 D3 and D4 all work but which is most consistent? D1 is 8f but D4 feels more viable.

So I've been labbing Cetrion's Born Again variation and I've found something... interesting.

This is probably known (Even I haven't found anything here or on Reddit about that bug) but I'm still sharing it : It seems that Conflux of Elements blocks some advancing special moves. It worked with Ring of Fire, the boulder ring and the Water Ring and probably works with the wind one.

Here's a non exhaustive list of the moves that are affected or not by this (I didn't have the time to test everything) :
  • Sub-Zero's Low Slide
  • Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick
  • Kano's Black Dragon Ball and Air Dragon Ball
  • Raiden's Electric Fly (this one is funny because the bug freezes Raiden in the air for like a half of a second)
But it didn't work on :
  • Kabal's Nomad Dash
  • Erron Black's Slide
  • Shao Kahn's shoulder charge
And one simple but important question came to my mind while testing this :
Does NRS actually have a QA team ?

I've found this in 30 minutes in the lab and no one from QA found it ? How ? I was so surprised I actually thought for like 2 minutes it was intended.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Does NRS actually have a QA team ?

I've found this in 30 minutes in the lab and no one from QA found it ? How ? I was so surprised I actually thought for like 2 minutes it was intended.
yep .... the mother of all questions: it's up to NRS come to public and explain that , right ? :p

this will be fixed someday ?

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Cetrion mains quick question I'm a immigrant from house raiden. What's the cetrion Johnny matchup, I've played a shit ton of her and with his v3 to me feels 8-2 Johhnys way.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I fucking hate with passion all cage scrubs. Seems like all think now cage v3 is auto win vs cetrion . Sadly they are not far from truth . I play also shang but its not much better , maybe shang v3 with his shake will do good vs him .

I thought jade and scorpion is hard .. wow Id rather fight reborn than this . Nrs what are u doing ?

I fucking hate with passion all cage scrubs. Seems like all think now cage v3 is auto win vs cetrion . Sadly they are not far from truth . I play also shang but its not much better , maybe shang v3 with his shake will do good vs him .

I thought jade and scorpion is hard .. wow Id rather fight reborn than this . Nrs what are u doing ?
Yeah the matchup is kinda aids, it's another one of those cases were you get outzoned by a character with better close up game than you

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Yeah the matchup is kinda aids, it's another one of those cases were you get outzoned by a character with better close up game than you
Worst thing is he dont even have to be good with cage to beat my day 1 main cetrion . Just walk back and spam one move . Its so fast you cant even tele bc it hits you out of it ( unless you make read and tele when you expect he will do his fbs ) When ur fullscreen one option is to trade with him with vine grab and use its knockdown to throw rocks . But when u dont have life lead well .... it doesnt help much

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Any tips on jade mu ? i get more counterpicked by her than scorp lol .... One thing I do is try to catch them with vine grab when they activate projectile immunity

Any tips on jade mu ? i get more counterpicked by her than scorp lol .... One thing I do is try to catch them with vine grab when they activate projectile immunity
That's one of the matchups i just prefer to play mid range. Just ignore that zoning exists and rush her down is what Works best for me. And if they play with the air glaive a lot, try to read a tp in for a full punish. They'll think twice

Why is Cetrion getting nerf every patch? I know some stuff is not directly targeted to her yet affects her the most. eg more scaling on jump kicks which we use in combos. I know some may argue its only little dmg wise but I mean it does add up. Geyser nerf now this shit. She only getting raw nerfs without any changes which could positively affect her. I can live with far teleport cost of 2 defense bars you could literally bully some of the cast with it. I am really looking forward to next big tournament and see if Dragon can make it work or he will be forced to switch more to kitana.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Why is Cetrion getting nerf every patch? I know some stuff is not directly targeted to her yet affects her the most. eg more scaling on jump kicks which we use in combos. I know some may argue its only little dmg wise but I mean it does add up. Geyser nerf now this shit. She only getting raw nerfs without any changes which could positively affect her. I can live with far teleport cost of 2 defense bars you could literally bully some of the cast with it. I am really looking forward to next big tournament and see if Dragon can make it work or he will be forced to switch more to kitana.
hey , FON got buffed :p u dont remember ?

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Because she's arguably the best in the game even after the nerfs

Because she's arguably the best in the game even after the nerfs
I would agree if we talking all pre-nerf stuff, When 2,1 was reaching half the screen without hurtbox, when teleport recovery was so quick than we could do it on reaction and full combo punish projectiles, when every combo was actually hitting for 260+(except geyser teleport combos), when rock was more + on block etc. etc.
I guess you base your argument on pro players tierlists? but how come we never saw more Cetrions in top 8 or even 16, I am only aware of Dragon with constant results with her. When she is arguably the best why we dont see some diversity of players getting good with her? Hell I saw more different Kung Lmao players in top 16 than Cetrions players and I would´t dare to say he is S tier. As for my personal experience I dont see many Cetrions players in Kombat League higher ranks , but hey I play on PC so that may be it. I do like Koisy streams on console KL tho.

I dont want to downplay her but so far I noticed NRS did decent job of balancing other cast/variation to be more viable and be most certainly challenging for Goddes herself and amazing player like Dragon is. So NRS please just dont hurt her anymore :(

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Can Someone give advice on enforcing her plus frames? She's plus 3 after S1 but a Skarlet managed to D1 kounter into throw. Another salt inducing incident is I tried jailing a hit confirmed D1 into her S1 but I got D2 KB by Jade. Am I not pressing fast enough?

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Can Someone give advice on enforcing her plus frames? She's plus 3 after S1 but a Skarlet managed to D1 kounter into throw. Another salt inducing incident is I tried jailing a hit confirmed D1 into her S1 but I got D2 KB by Jade. Am I not pressing fast enough?
I like to go for b32 after s1 because it's a 10 frame low and is much safer then f23. as for jailing off d1 that just takes practice

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I like to go for b32 after s1 because it's a 10 frame low and is much safer then f23. as for jailing off d1 that just takes practice
Ohh never tried the B32 thing yet. It becomes 7f since S1 is plus 3 right? And yea i guess i just need to practice jailing more. Thank you for the tips.