What's new

Cetrion after patch

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
  • You missed strong standing resets with quake cancel
  • Mix up potential from 213 and f+213 strings involving quake to make it a 33/33/33
-The standing reset is definitely very good since it is +18 but wall is +15 so it's not that much of a difference. Quake restand also leaves them further away than wall which can make enforcing the strike/throw harder despite it being slightly more plus. It is better than wall for on hit corner shenanigans though.
-I've had some people on discord tell me that 213 and f234 are reactable but I can't comment on that myself as I've never fought FoN to know if the 50/50 is actually real.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
The best change is that the slam to the ground on geyser now does damage. It annoyed me that that hit didn't before haha

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Honestly the pros I see of SC over FoN as it stands currently are:
-Teleport is still amazing
-Use of f13 as a hitconfirmable combo starter
-Better AA/j3 conversions
-Slightly higher KB damage (FoN gets 390 off 213 KB)
-A stronger and easier frame trap off boulder/ on hit beam
-Punish on Sonya drone drop/sand trap/ground skulls/geyser/full screen FBs (also lets her punish those things with her FB)
-Wall (Great AA, great in neutral, useful KB in certain MUs, etc.)
-Significantly higher damage (270 max damage BnB vs 213)

Cons:
-Wall is a riskier special cancel than Quake cancel
-More likely to be O-meter starved than FoN
-Geyser is death on whiff/FB
-Geyser is reversal punishable by some specials that do not punish quake
-Struggles more at dealing with fast high projectiles than FoN (Still doesn't struggle badly though)
I enjoy using Cetrion’a teleport more than any of the other tele chars. Raidens is fun too with fakeouts and Superman cancels.

Still wanna learn FoN some more, just need to make some adjustments and not try to teleport I guess. Lol

Goatse

Noob
Any reason why her rock wall wasnt touched? Its a brainless get out of pressure free card. What are you supposed to do against it?

Eldagrin

Any reason why her rock wall wasnt touched? Its a brainless get out of pressure free card. What are you supposed to do against it?
I mean you have to guess on what she’s going to do when she does it. If she’s right in your face (d1 wall and f23 wall) and you have a 7f jab you can punish it whether she amps or not. If it’s at a distance and your character has a dash punch or a long ranged normal you can punish there if you read that she isn’t going to AMP. If you read an AMP you flawless block and it doesn’t push you back at all and she’s -14.

It has counterplay and she definitely puts herself at risk when she uses wall in strings and off pokes.

I think she's potentially the best in the game now. Top 3 for sure imo. They didn't even touch the stuff that made her good
I agree with this, her footsies are OD on top of her zoning. I have been playing Shang since his release. But now came back to keep Cetrion fresh and it feels so great to have all these tools.
Don’t know why everyone thinks that boulder got nerfed. It is only 5 frames less plus on block and has less pushback when F/B. When blocked normally it recovers 5 frames faster but has 5 less blockstun frames, that means it is exactly the same on regular block, just makes both characters recover 5 frames faster. Frame traps are exactly the same and if anything are easier to perform )
She lost like 1% on her optimals) lol

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I agree with this, her footsies are OD on top of her zoning. I have been playing Shang since his release. But now came back to keep Cetrion fresh and it feels so great to have all these tools.
Don’t know why everyone thinks that boulder got nerfed. It is only 5 frames less plus on block and has less pushback when F/B. When blocked normally it recovers 5 frames faster but has 5 less blockstun frames, that means it is exactly the same on regular block, just makes both characters recover 5 frames faster. Frame traps are exactly the same and if anything are easier to perform )
She lost like 1% on her optimals) lol

Play someone who can fb boulder consistently so you will feel the nerf :/

Eldagrin

New opti? 275.47 for a bar
I’m testing it now and it seems consistent on females so yes that would be the new optimal since the micro dash timing seems pretty easy as long as the j2 is done a bit deep. I would imagine j2 j2 f13 is still the safer option on males though since j3 j2 timing is a lot stricter than on females. Good find