What's new

Censored Words at Mortal Kombat 4

Mgo

Noob
When you get a 4-game winning streak or more and lose the game, the game will ask you to enter your initials. If you insert some offensive word (or that sounds similar), those initials will be replaced with MK co-creator Ed Boon's initials "EJB", or with "TRA" or "MAB" (for the moment I do not know if these have any meaning).

The offensive words I know for this to happen are:

"DIK" (Dick)
"FUK" (Fuck)
"CUM"
"TIT"

Curiously all words are related to sex and nothing happen when you put "ASS", surely they forgot this word.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
TRA and MAB are the initials of Todd Allen and Mike Boon who were also on the design team along with Ed. It's one of the first things you see in the credits right after this exact screen lol

Reactions: Mgo

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Yeah that's pretty standard. MK was still in the arcade back then, and you don't want dirty words chillin on the leaderboards all day.

'ASS' would probably be erased as well.

Reactions: Mgo

Mgo

Noob
Yeah that's pretty standard. MK was still in the arcade back then, and you don't want dirty words chillin on the leaderboards all day.

'ASS' would probably be erased as well.
I agree. I'm just happy what they did with MK4 or seeing that they were aware of things that were missing in previous games. MK4 is a very nice game and don't know why lot of people hate it.
Although after this game...