What's new

"Celeb" Stream thoughts

Do you enjoy the celebrity game play?

• Total voters

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
I'm sorry but I can't stand watching two streams two days in a row of people button mashing this game. It was painful to watch and does not showcase the game at all. Their commentary is awful, unwarranted and nonsensical.

In regards to displaying the game don't you think having accomplished tournament players show case and explain the benefits of characters be more beneficial? Throw a DC logo on that shit and give them stream rights or what ever but having these "celebrities" button mash is a bad look and frustrating to watch. For example when 16 bit does a break down it is always thorough and engaging it would be fun to have other top level players showcasing with NRS.

What's your thoughts on these streams?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I know they do streams like this to appeal to the casual audience, but the entire chat was hating it so I really wonder who they actually managed to please with this stream? Cool to see the guests like Jim Lee & even Echo Kellum but the woman they had hosting today seemed like she had little to know real DC knowledge and especially no real knowledge about the game.

But, damn, did she body fools in the tournament.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Why I never watch kombat casts. Derek and the other scrub are fucking painful to watch.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm not upset, but I also knew it wasn't for us, so I just watched the trailers on YouTube after.

I did check out Jim Lee and Tom Taylor because they make dope ass comics, but would've done that regardless.

Thingy

Retired account
It's whatever. While I am not very fond of the little I have seen from recent broadcasts, it is not an issue. What ever helps sell games is okay by me. Personally, I have given up on tuning into anything outside of the Watchtower streams, exept Ketchup and Mustard content and clips from YouTube on the parts that matter to me. I am just ready to play this game for myself and body some dudes online.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Game will be out in a little over two weeks and at this point we should expect streams and stuff like this. I just watched the Darkseid and Joker trailers really and called it today. It's important to be humble enough to know some things just aren't marketed towards super competitive minded players and that's fine. We're all already sold on the game at this point.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Game will be out in a little over two weeks and at this point we should expect streams and stuff like this. I just watched the Darkseid and Joker trailers really and called it today. It's important to be humble enough to know some things just aren't marketed towards super competitive minded players and that's fine. We're all already sold on the game at this point.
But what does it show from a marketing stand point when know one can do anything interesting. Point is it would be a better marketing sell having someone show it off rather than 111 111 1111 super.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
But what does it show from a marketing stand point when know one can do anything interesting. Point is it would be a better marketing sell having someone show it off rather than 111 111 1111 super.
I'm not defending it, I just don't care lol.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Look, yesterday's stream, from a marketing point of view, was a failure in almost every regard, in my opinion. It was geared towards a casual, facebook audience, and it lacked substance, hype, and depth. They spent half of the stream asking opinions about the game from YouTubers, and dedicated the stream to verbal information for the most part, which is the antithesis to both the casual and hardcore bases' interests.

This stream, on the other hand, exceeded in every way Thursday's stream failed. It showed off the game, had special guests, banter, and a "hype" tournament, even if it was button-mash hell. Information was dispersed in tandem with gameplay. It catered to the casual (but more specific DC fan) audience and succeeded in showing off what the game is going to be about for the masses (sans gear, strangely), which is button-mashing, supers, diverse roster, and flashy moves at easy access. I turned off the competitive part of my brain, and just watched like a noob and had a fun time. NRS did what they set out to do.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah compared to Thursday's stream this was a 100% improvement. This one had actual gameplay, decent interviews and the tourney was a good idea, even if it's all non-gamers and implemented poorly. It also showed a new character, new stage as well as mini breakdowns (not the best but better than nothing). Definitely going in the right direction.

Just wish the host was someone that actually knew a thing or two about the game and not someone that's just as "amused" by everything as the guests. The shit with the figure signing was also irritating, there was no reason to shove that on stream after every match and make it seem like a "prize" or whatever he was saying. EXCLUSIVE GAMESTOP FIGURE, BRUH...
They could've also had the guests try to remember the commands for some specials before going on stream so it's not a mashing shitshow to the point of fuckin up the camera lol.

People always complain about Tyler and Derek (myself included) but things like these make me truly appreciate what they're doing and how it could be much MUCH worse. This mashfest could've been what we got for Lantern battles lol.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The streams are not marketed directly at tournament players and it's stupid to assume they ever would be. These streams are marketing material for the people who will make up the majority of sales: casual players. It doesn't matter who's playing them, 16 Bit can do all the breaking down of a character he wants for the competitive guys and that's fine for us and all but most people aren't going to care because at the end of the day they're going to button mash or do 3 specials the whole game anyway.

Bringing in celebrity guests/recognizable faces = lots of viewers/potential sales

As for your complaints about shit players getting their hands on the game, it's because they most likely have a lot of subscribers on stuff like youtube. Competitive players don't have anywhere near the same amount of subscribers as a lot of youtube gaming channels, so it's common sense to allow those with a lot of subscribers to play and share content to reach as many people as possible and bring in more sales.

I didn't mind it. most players of the game play the game that way. it was geared to general dc fans and i think for the most part it did its job

Book

Noob
It was cool to see the official reveal of the Joker and all but that stream was weak sauce in my opinion. Whoever that new female host of DCAA is seemed super fake in her enthusiasm, way too over the top and that bothered me. But as far as actual game related news went, I didn't feel like I learned a whole lot about the game that I didn't already know or speculate. Plus, they kept teasing Darkseid as a special reveal but they had his trailer out on youtube for the past day and a half already. I thought that they could have an hour long stream and that would have been sufficient. Plus, no Red Hood, not that I expected it but still, now that it's confirmed he's not part of the main roster, saddens me a bit. Still hoping for DLC but I ain't holding my breath like I did for the first game. Today's date was so suspicious as to hint at Red Hood anyways considering 27 (I think) years ago today was the day the Joker killed him in the comics. It would have been a great reveal to at least let people know that he was going to be the first DLC (besides Darkseid) to be launched, especially if they released him while also showcasing the Joker.