What's new

General/Other Catwoman's Trait Punishment

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
It turns out that Catwoman can actually be punished when she uses her Trait at 4 scratches or Max by several wakeups in the game. I dont have a video right now but I'm gonna break it down below so you guys can understand.

So if you do any of Catwoman's bnbs and end with 4 or Max scratch, she can be punished by a wakeup. But not all characters can do this.

4 scratches is around -12 on hit and Max scratch is -8 or so on hit (Credits to @Akromaniac27 for helping me with frame data)

4 scratches midscreen can be punished by:

Green Lantern's- Lantern's Might. (Yes people this stupid character gets a free lift every time we use 4 scratches)
Lex Luthor's- Corpse Charge
Superman's- Super

4 scratches in the corner can be punished by: (Only when after using 4 scratches and it leaves Catwoman in the Corner.)

Deathstroke- Sword Flip
Flash - Flying Uppercut
Lex - Corpse Charge
Hawkgirl's -Super
Superman's- Super
Batgirl's - Flying Bat
Green Lantern's -Lantern Might

Max Scratch in the corner can be punished by :

Deathstroke's SwordFlip
Flash's Flying Uppercut
Superman's Super

Max Scratch Mid-Screen can be punished by:

Superman's Super

I dont know how much of a game changer this information is but to all my fellow Selina players just be mindful of this . Our only true invincible wake up is negative on hit at 3 or max scratches.

@GGA 16 Bit , @Ra Helios @KC H0oKsw0rds @Ecodus @Under_The_Mayo @Laos_boy @RunwayMafia

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I still find this hilarious... a move that is punishable on hit after a knockdown. Not a knockdown setup, but the actual move that knocks the opponent down is punishable itself.. Does this exist in any fighting game? I feel like I've never seen this ever.
Some people can punish BMs slide on hit too I think. In other fighting games I don't know

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Poor Selina. Probably the most likely scenario for this to be a problem is in the GL matchup, since Evaade~Cat Scratch is her answer for b+1,3.

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Damn you should of keep that to yourself.
No Ra ..It work both ways actually. Putting the word out will let other CW players know that it isnt safe to throw Trait out as they please. I honestly think we should only use trait unless its gonna kill or the character we're fighting cannot punish it. Selina has too much HKD setups to exploit that gives really good oki...

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
No Ra ..It work both ways actually. Putting the word out will let other CW players know that it isnt safe to throw Trait out as they please. I honestly think we should only use trait unless its gonna kill or the character we're fighting cannot punish it. Selina has too much HKD setups to exploit that gives really good oki...
True but what good person ever punish trait?

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
In some matchups CW can punish with 11 or 12 or even f1 full combo after a successful high feline evade. I think we all should start using 11 or 12 as a punish instead of Trait. eg Catwoman can punish Doomsday Shoulder Charge with 11 or 12 . Flash torpedo charge gets f1 full combo punish . GL matchup after evading b13, CW can 11 or 12 punish.