What's new

Video/Tutorial Catwoman vs Popular Wakeups Video Series

astronout

see you at the top.
Catwoman Anti Wakeup tactics versus General Zod, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Doomsday, and Bane.

Video series will continue with more characters in the near future. I do not claim credit as the discoverer of any of these anti wake up tactics.

Watch in HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first 2 minutes I was like, "Well, Yea I do this to people all of the time", then came the part where you used Cat Stance to blow up DoomsDay's Wake Up Upward Venom then I was like, " DAAAAAAAAMNNN RESPECT!" LOL I did not even think to try that for venom or shoulder charge for that matter (I just usually use 3,3 to stuff all of his options up close but venom would trade with it). Same thing with the evade for bane's venom uppercut. Great Vid Astro.

astronout

see you at the top.
For the first 2 minutes I was like, "Well, Yea I do this to people all of the time", then came the part where you used Cat Stance to blow up DoomsDay's Wake Up Upward Venom then I was like, " DAAAAAAAAMNNN RESPECT!" LOL I did not even think to try that for venom or shoulder charge for that matter (I just usually use 3,3 to stuff all of his options up close but venom would trade with it). Same thing with the evade for bane's venom uppercut. Great Vid Astro.
thanks man. and you're right, most of these have already been discovered by various players; just decided to show showcase them in vid form.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Awesome vid! I like the trippy lights and the retro music...swag. I had no idea you could do jump back 2 into B3...very nice.

And eek at the very beginning of the vid...reminds me of "Gravity". ;)

E

Eldriken

What if they MB Up Venom? Will the second attack hit you while in Cat Stance?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I guess I Wont upload my video anymore :(
IH well
Nice video though
For martian you can b2 over low grab

For zod you can dash up cs1

Justice

Noob
WTH dood! This is sooo old! I saw this vid like a couple of hours before on Facebook :p

Seriously, this is all kinds of awesome! Stuffing wakeups is something I really struggle with and I know a certain Bane player that I hope I can make really annoyed that you posted this vid ;)

@Laos_boy, the more the merrier dood! Besides, you might have a different approach that others may not have thought of.

Quick question, can Low Evade be used to counter a wakeup Low Grab from like MMH, Superman, Batman and whatever other scumbag character that has one?

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
WTH dood! This is sooo old! I saw this vid like a couple of hours before on Facebook :p

Seriously, this is all kinds of awesome! Stuffing wakeups is something I really struggle with and I know a certain Bane player that I hope I can make really annoyed that you posted this vid ;)

@Laos_boy, the more the merrier dood! Besides, you might have a different approach that others may not have thought of.

Quick question, can Low Evade be used to counter a wakeup Low Grab from like MMH, Superman, Batman and whatever other scumbag character that has one?
it can but low evade is real hard to do. I use b2 to go over lows

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.

About the low evade, most low wakeups are punishable on block (all the ones you mentioned) so there isn't much point in low evading in most cases, just block low and punish. The only advantage is you get one scratch (which you will probably earn on the punish anyways) and with the shitty recovery and somewhat difficult imput you could lose out on a forsure punish