What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman vs Lex Luthor

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
My theory was that Catwoman vs Lex was 7-3 in favor of Lex, if not worse. I've been avoiding the character and although I haven't put in much lab time into him, yesterday I realized that we need to learn this match-up. I went to WNF prepared, played well and was ready for Superman. I was counterpicked and I knew I was going to lose before the match even began, simply because I personally refuse to switch from Catwoman. I'm a loyalist dammit!

Anyway, I have a few theories in my head that might change the match, but I have to test it out first. Otherwise, here are my reasons for this being one of the worst match-ups in the game that people don't know about.

I'd love input from everyone so that we could figure out some nice strats to beat him.

ON PAPER:
1. Lex needs to be hit out of his armor to lose the armor, but he is granted a full punish for doing this, unless you have a projectile. Catwoman does not. She has a whip that can be punished by corps charge, and this is assuming the Lex doesn't block it.

2. You can also wait for the armor to go away. But then he starts setting up mines, probes, and either setting you up or shooting full screen missiles at you.

3. You can pushblock his armor away, but he gets a full combo punish for this. Why? I don't know...

3. He has a ridiculous ranged and big hitbox j3. I cant believe I'm saying this, but whip cannot compete with that, and even if it did, it wont do well against an armored Lex.

Here is my footage from last night. Keep in mind, I don't know much about his strings or the character at all, so if there is anything we can test from seeing this, post up.

03:04:10

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/466938017

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Psh there's no need to learn this matchup! Concentrate on important matchups like Lobo! :joker:
You're lucky I'm too loyal to switch!

I had a dream that made perfect sense, but also disgusted me in the process. I was at WNF playing you and I counterpicked you with Nightwing... lol

Reborn

Noob
Yeah this MU is awful! You need to play this extremely patient. Chef has a great Lex but I think the even scarier ones for Selina are the zoners. Lex + trait + trip mine leaves you with nothing to do but wait. His trait comes back quickly so your window to attack is limited. Plus his j3 beats your j2 so you are limited in your approach. The only silver lining in this match is that he doesn't have that great of a wakeup game. You can punish Corp Charge with 1. When you knock Lex down, you need to kill.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
She can beat jump 3 with preemptive jump 1, jump back 2, or mb b+3. It depends on the spacing.

astronout

see you at the top.
ive played revolver in this MU numerous times and I believe it is at the very least a 6-4 in Lex's favor. To be fair, I haven't played this MU since the patch dropped.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
7-3 lol?
In that particular match I think you did give Wonderchef a bit too much respect. Lex does have a big hit box so all of his jumpbacks without trait were begging to be mb catdashed.
His offense is only a threat when his trait is on which he shouldn't be able to activate if Catwoman is constantly on him the same with probes and his mines and if he does get his trait active you don't need to immediately try and get rid of it by doing stuff like cat dash into it for a full combo punish

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
7-3 lol?
In that particular match I think you did give Wonderchef a bit too much respect. Lex does have a big hit box so all of his jumpbacks without trait were begging to be mb catdashed.
His offense is only a threat when his trait is on which he shouldn't be able to activate if Catwoman is constantly on him the same with probes and his mines and if he does get his trait active you don't need to immediately try and get rid of it by doing stuff like cat dash into it for a full combo punish

I think you are highly underrating this matchup.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
7-3 lol?
so catwoman players should just make sure lex doesn't touch them? lol

i don't like giving a number on a MU like this until it's played out more, but i think it's in lex's favor. might not be 7-3 though, i'm not sure.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

i don't like giving a number on a MU like this until it's played out more, but i think it's in lex's favor. might not be 7-3 though, i'm not sure.
The only way Lex should be able to touch catwoman is by hitting a wakeup corp charge

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
ive played revolver in this MU numerous times and I believe it is at the very least a 6-4 in Lex's favor. To be fair, I haven't played this MU since the patch dropped.
I'm really not familiar with the match. How do you like to approach him?

The only way Lex should be able to touch catwoman is by hitting a wakeup corp charge
Thanks, bro. I'll be sure to catdash right smack on his armor next time and win. Very helpful posts.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder

You will help me learn this match-up, or you will have to deal with my Raven at NEC.

Oh yes, that's a threat!

Reactions: ELC

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I main lex and actually hate this matchup. Her low hitbox drives me crazy. She can duck 1 1 2 string easy and interupt between the second 1 and 2. Anyone without projectiles is in for a long day though.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
does standing 3 not deal with armor well? it hits twice really fast

I have come across 1 or 2 actually good lex. This MU is extremely hard. People think because his hitbox is large is free combos
FALSE. Her f3 pop up that we all do in combos is strict timing or it will simply knock them away not pop them up. It's frustrating bec he gets his trait in 5 secs and cw vs armor his hard. Good cw players know that patients really is the key with her. But vs lex u really can't. You have gotta stay on him. Only benifits is we can punish majority of all his blocked strings. But gettin in is a toughy. In order to avoid the orbs you gotta backdash so if a lex throwing out orbs all day back dashing all day not gonna give you the win. Krayzie is the first person to mention this MU and it honestly is 1 of cw hardest mu's if there zoning. Sorry but alls I can tell you is not to let them breath. Which is easier said then done.