What's new

Strategy Catwoman Safe Jumps

With the surge of Wake-up Attacks becoming more and more relevant, I found it hard to set up my vortex when they can wake up and stuff whatever you're trying to do. I started going into the lab to find out what jump-ins I can do to keep them from using their wake-ups.

Most the time, I end my combos with 1F2, and I found a quick dash then Neutral Jump 1 will beat most people trying to wake up with a move. It also put you right next to them, so if they block, you set them up for a 50/50 (b12d3, f112.) However some characters (i.e. GL Lantern's Might) will beat this and they get a full combo, so other ways to set up your vortex are required.

These are from my own testing, and could be wrong, I am human. If anyone has any better options, or mine mislead you, please bring it up and I'll do my best to fix it.

Reminder: These are jump-ins that you won't get punished for; you will whiff some of the times, but you won't get punished.

Aquaman: You can do the standard 1F2, dash, NJ1. all his wake-up attacks will get beat by the 1, and his d2 is too slow to hit. The only thing you need to watch for is a wake-up super, so keep an eye out for that.

Ares: Standard: His teleport is the only thing that the jump-in won't stuff (barring his super), and even then, you might be able to punish it. Tbh, haven't practiced too much as he was rushed. would love for someone to help me out on this.

Bane: 1F2, dash, FJ3: This will help avoid both his uppercut and his AA grab. You should be able to Cat Dash his whiffed attempts, but the timing is a bit tight. The only thing that sticks is the use of J3. it has a better hitbox than j1 behind Catwoman, so it helps if they back up a bit. you can still get the full combo by spending a meter on CD, you will end with F3 that leads to a Hard Knockdown. For help on that, see below...

F3HKD, Cat Dash, FJ3: Pretty much the same as above, however if you want to end in her F3 for more damage, this is the way to get back in safely.

Batman: Standard: He has no real good Wake-up options, best being slide, and the jump completely avoids it. No fear should be given in starting your vortex.
Black Adam: 1F2, dash, D1, NJ1: Ah...whiffing a move to kill frames. it's actually a little hard in this game because there are no 3 frame moves that help, but with Black Adam, we need to whiff this 7 frame move in order to dodge his Electric Cage and punish with a full combo. Once he respects the Jump-in, you are able to get cross-up Cat Dash and go to town.

Catwoman: Standard: Be wary of a MBCD. if you see the Wake-up CD, be ready to block, and punish it fully. The whip is slow and to beat Cat Stance, one must simply delay the N1 in order to hit that tiny Hitbox.

Cyborg: 122, FJ1: This is another string that leads to a HKD, but it leaves the opponent closer to you and you recover slower, meaning you can't dash. This setup avoids his Power Fist, which help lead to a full combo starting from f112. The normal 1f2 setup might work fine, but you must duck the Tackle and you will get stuffed by his Air Nova Blaster.

Deathstroke: 1F2, dash, FJ3: Trying to avoid his Sword Flip is the key here. jumping as soon as you finish dashing should get you over him and you can CD to punish the flip. Sadly, every time I tried her J1, she got skimmed by the SF, but the J3 avoids it. Might be something about her Hurtbox being smaller during J3. You're gonna have to delay this a smidge to try connecting, but if you whiff, you can always go for a grab for some quick damage.

Doomsday: 1f2, 1, FJ1: Just don't listen to me. This guy is the biggest pain to jump-in on; so much so, i recommend not doing it. However, if you are just looking to be reckless, this jump-in will beat everything but Supernova. Only problem, you have to preemptively jump attack in order to beat his Air Venom, which means you will miss stuffing everything else.

Flash: Standard: You will avoid all the wake ups and you will punish some. The Whip should punish the charge, but timing is tight.​

Green Arrow: 1F2, 1, FJ2: Remember when I said Doomsday is the biggest pain to jump-in on... this guy is an extremely close second. Just like Mister Day, I don't recommend jumping in on him and to just block the attacks, but if you feel like gambling, then there's the inputs. GA is more of a gamble because of the fact there there aren't quicker moves to whiff. I tried finding a good jump-in for about an hour, and I kept getting mixed results. This is the best I could do. Problems: you must delay the J2 in order to hit him when he's doing nothing to try getting the 50/50, it whiffs on slide and sometimes the Jumpback Shot (depends on the timing), and you may occasionally get stuffed by his spinning bow. Oh, I almost forgot, you will lose to his upwards angled arrow move thing (I don't play him too often.)​

Green Lantern: 122, FJ1: This will beat Lantern's Might, which is the biggest thing. It will lose to super, but you will hear that a lot in this post. You may use J3 to get more damage, for there is a setup fo a HKD caused by F3.
F3HKD, 1, Dash, FJ1: This jump in is extrermly ambiguous, that you will need to visually see what side you will land on in order to mix-up properly.

Harley Quinn: Standard: Only thing that matters is the fact that her small hurtbox makes this whiff if they backup a smidge. Just be ready to block if they do nothing.

Hawkgirl: Standard/122, FJ1: You can just do the normal starter, but you will miss her Evade and have a hard time against the Mace Charge. Using the 122 setup, it requires some timing to hit everything, but it's not that difficult...offline. You must jump right after the body hits the ground, you will hit every time.

Joker: Standard: Not much else to say here.

Killer Frost: Standard: With no fantastic Getoffme moves, her best option is slide, which is extremely difficult to punish. It's best to keep the pressure and setup her Vortex.

Lex Luthor: Standard: The neutral jump will avoid the corps charge, so if you get them conditioned to corps charge, you can use that to your advantage.

Nightwing: Standard: His scatter bomb will trade with this, but hard to find another option (help would be appreciated.) If you see his flip kick, you can stuff it, or sometimes it will travel over you and you can punish it fully.

Raven: Standard: Wow, hit a ton of these simple setups. only thing that beats it (barring super) is her teleport, which can only be used in her demon mode, so not too much worry, but something to watch out for.

Shazam: Standard: He easily avoids the setup, but if you see either his teleport or his rushing grab coming, you can be ready, Empty Jump, and CD to get a full punish.

Sinestro: Standard: Don't worry, last standard setup, I promise. This character was also rushed, so not entirely too sure about the setup, but I'm pretty sure it beats everything.

Solomon Grundy: 1F2, 1 FJ1: Apparently being born on a Monday gives his Anti-Air grab to be invincible forever. I couldn't touch him when he whiffed this move, so just something to watch out for. His trait whiffs super early, so even if they add armor, it'd be all in vein.

Superman: 122, FJ1: This will beat everything except the rising grab, but it whiffs if done right. you even get to punish his super if they wake up with it.
F3HKD, dash, 1, FJ1: With this setup, you trade Whiffing rising grab with losing to Super.

Wonder Woman: 122, FJ1: You must hit the 122 as early as you can then jump as soon as you can to avoid the Lasso uppercut. If they are in Shield stance, not too much to worry about, but it's still nice to get into the groove of hitting the string early.

Sadly, I am poor and cannot afford the DLC characters, so if someone wants to help with that, that would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this helps people keep the pressure on with Catwoman, It's helped me against GL and Supes, that's for sure.

Sorry for anything that is off about this, this is my first post about anything this big and I actually took time to learn this, but I am human. I may have been wrong about some stuff, and all I ask is that you help out everyone by posting what you can do in order to improve these jump-ins.

Also, if someone can make a video demonstrating these Jump-ins, that would be awesome.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
I can record all this, but sadly my brain is having a hard time comprehending most of this. I'll try to read it again later and see if I can understand it enough to record it for you!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Nice post - informative and well constructed. I'll be looking at this more closely when I'm not at work.

Thanks and welcome to the Catwoman forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Blakexton

Shinnuk
For Ares, you can cat dash after the f1, 2 and simply block if you know the teleport is coming and hit 1, 1, 2 for full combo punish.