What's new

General/Other Catwoman Pre-Release Info

Alright fellow Catwoman players it's time to gather all the information we have gathered from videos, pictures, and interviews and find out what exactly we are working with when it comes to her. All moves can be referenced in the bottom 3 videos. Feel free to add any information that you know and i'll update ASAP. I saw one of these for Aquaman and I thought it was pretty well done so I'm going to follow the format. Thank you to rev0lver who made that thread.

Move Descriptions

High Feline Evade (Down, Back + Med) - Catwoman does a back bend move that dodges high projectiles and high attacks. If she successfully dodges an attack one scratch is added to her character trait. (RVC 0:31)

Low Feline Evade ( Down, Back + Med.. Up) - Catwoman does a jump that dodges low projectiles and low attacks. Its assumed that she will get one scratch added to her character trait for a using it successfully. (RVC 1:57)

Cat Claws (Back, Foward + Light) - CW does a downward slash followed by two upward scratches. This move if used early in a juggle lifts them up for further juggling. The meter burn version adds another downward hit at the end that bounces them for juggling. (RVC 0:21 end of the combo)

Straight Whip (Down, Foward + Light) - CW uses her tail and whips forward. The move causes the opponent to slide when hit. (IAM 1:40)

Up Whip (Down, Back + Light) - CW uses her tail and whips up. Effective as an AA

Cat Stance (Down, Down) - A special stance that CW has that seems to make her hitbox smaller than crouching and has moves out of it. The only known one being her pounce grab move. (RVC 0:32)

Cat Dash (Back, Foward + Med) - A quick dash that causes a stun on the opponent and can easily be comboed in and out of. The meter burn has two slashes and can still stun after using the regular Cat Dash once before in the combo. Punishable on block.
(Cat Dash: RVC 1:25)
(EX Cat Dash: RVC 1:28)
(Cat Dash Punished: RVC 0:51)

Character Trait: CW collects scratches next to her meter as she combos her opponent more and more. The scratches go up to a maximum of 5 and at any point CW can unleash her Cat Scratch combo. The trait can be canceled into from her normals and is useful for finishing combos. If the trait is used before it reaches 5, she will do a shorter version of the combo depending on how many. (Personal thoughts: From what I've seen she earns the scratches quickly and not only gets them when she evades and combos. It seems like if she gets a counter attack on the opponent she gets a scratch as well.)
(5 scratches: RVC 1:29)
(4 scratches: IAM 0:30)
(3 scratches: IAM 7:05)

Super (Scratching Pole): CW spins around and poses than slashes in front of her. She jump kicks off the person knocking them in the air and grabs the opponent by the neck with her whip and slams them down breaking their neck. She than jumps on their neck, scratches them twice across the face and throws them with her legs. (RVC 1:58)

Throw: Leaves the opponent pretty close by, not to close though.

Foward Dash: Very quick dash that tech crouches near the end of the animation. Good for closing in. (IAM 0:16 ducks under Harleys gunshots).

Back Dash: Very evasive and quick. She ducks alot during the animation. (RVC 0:54)

Normal Moves

Back Heavy: A quick move heavy attack where Catwoman bends back first and launches forward with both legs. has tons of range and very evasive.

Back Light, Med, Med: Low, High, Low string.

Back Medium: An over head kick, bounces for combos.

Crouch Heavy: Long range tripped move.

Crouching Medium: Launching crouching kick

Crouching Light: A quick little paw move, momentum stopper.

Jumping Light: A jumping move where CW claws in the air. Can be used in combos and cross ups.

Jumping Med: CW uses her whip for this jumping move. Tons of range and can easily link into combos.

Unknown Commands
  • Three hitting string
  • Double hitting bounce move (RVC 1:58)
  • Other Various strings
Derrick Vs TS Nerdjosh (DVN)

Basic attacks:

Combo attacks:

Special moves:

Character traits:

My Thoughts

Catwoman looks great she will be a great rushdown character with great combos. She will be one of those people you don't want close to you even if your character is a rushdown. Catwoman has TONS of launchers and combo extenders as well as ways of getting in. Ex Cat Dash has some range on it as well as her heavy attack. I love Catwoman and it was a pleasure to work on this thread. Thank you for everyone that helped inspire this, and those who gave information. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and leave your comments below. Thanks :)

On Catwoman's 'weakness' to zoning:
jump medium, jump medium, jump medium.

I really don't think Selina will be suffering to zoning at all in this game. Other rushdown characters might be a little harder for her in fact, since her anti-airs either suck, or are a little slow.

(These are just my personal impressions, though, and thus cannot be trusted)

On Catwoman's 'weakness' to zoning:
jump medium, jump medium, jump medium.

I really don't think Selina will be suffering to zoning at all in this game. Other rushdown characters might be a little harder for her in fact, since her anti-airs either suck, or are a little slow.

(These are just my personal impressions, though, and thus cannot be trusted)
Actually I think her jump straight whip will be helpful for the jumping. But its true her anti airs are not the greatest.

Actually I think her jump straight whip will be helpful for that the jumping. But its true her anti airs are not the greatest.
Speaking of, her whip special can't actually be used in the air, the jumping whip seen in the Raven fight is actually her jump medium, and it's the ridiculously good move I mentioned

Speaking of, her whip special can't actually be used in the air, the jumping whip seen in the Raven fight is actually her jump medium, and it's the ridiculously good move I mentioned
:O really now? I was wondering that. Do you have a reference? or have you played the game?

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I think her parry mechanic actually makes her fully capable of handling zoning. Her biggest weaknesses seem to be her low damage output, heavy reliance on her trait mechanic, and her super hitbox (AA only?).

Excellent, thank you for that information :). I'll change that right now. If there is anything else please let me know!
Over Head Kick - Back Medium
Low kick into a High kick (into another low) - back light, medium, medium(?) Can't remember the exact inputs
A crouching kick that launches, AA? - down medium, it sucks as an AA :(

You can combo into her super from overhead or cat dash

Dodge is awesome, but the qcb, u input was crazy hard for me to do on reaction for some reason.
Once she gets in the opponent is kinda screwed, tbh

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just a bit of extra info: I didn't have any trouble making my way through zoning with Catwoman. She has a quick dash, can duck under a lot of projectiles, and she's highly mobile in general. Her whip has a long enough range that opponents have to respect it from well outside close-combat range. This makes her a match for anybody before she's even all the way in.

Also, some things have changed since the NYCC build -- so careful with using the attract mode footage as a ref. for move properties.

Just a bit of extra info: I didn't have any trouble making my way through zoning with Catwoman. She has a quick dash, can duck under a lot of projectiles, and she's highly mobile in general. Her whip has a long enough range that opponents have to respect it from well outside close-combat range. This makes her a match for anybody before she's even all the way in.

Also, some things have changed since the NYCC build -- so careful with using the attract mode footage as a ref. for move properties.
So you think I should modify her weakness to mainly lack of a good AA? And yeah i know its old and that it all can (and probably already did..) change.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd say it's going to take some time to determine what everyone's true strengths and weaknesses are. If you saw what characters' strengths were supposed to be in MK9 on Day 1, and what some of them turned into -- it's a pretty wild difference in some cases :D

I'd say it's going to take some time to determine what everyone's true strengths and weaknesses are. If you saw what characters' strengths were supposed to be in MK9 on Day 1, and what some of them turned into -- it's a pretty wild difference in some cases :D
Very true :cool: hmm maybe ill just take out that portion all together.

So she basically gets 2 supers...be awesome if you could combo from one to the other.
Yea i was thinking that it would be cool if she could combo after her super into her character trait it would look amazing.

How does either of her dodges handle overheads or unblockables? :cool:
Hmm I really do not know. Good question, but I'm assuming it will be helpful for overheads if you can time it correctly.

Alright kitties. Tomorrow is the release of the game. Its time for our observations to become realities. I dont know about you but ever since I saw that Catwoman vs Raven trailer I knew she was my main. Hope you guys stay true to her :)