What's new

Catwoman multiple MB catdash

Rodrigue

Spongerod
So after watching @Apolo Volturi 's Catwoman combo video, I noticed him at some point meter burning 2 catdashes back to back in the same combo.
I'm not sure if this has been known for a while now but after a discussion with @Under_The_Mayo , I decided to post it.
Here is the vid:
Thing is, Catwoman can connect as many dashes as she can, as long as she whiffs the first hit, leaving her opponent crippled for numerous follow up options.
I have yet to look in depth for setups that might go well with this, or combos that might increase her damage potential, using interactables and background bounces.
In the meantime, I'll leave the Catwoman community work it's magic, hoping to find some useful techs involving this!
@Ninj
@GGA 16 Bit (You made us proud! Keep it up! Meow)
@chemist4hire
@xWildx (Not sure if you still play her man but you're pretty active on CW's forums lol)
@RunwayMafia
@Fellow kitties

So after watching @Apolo Volturi 's Catwoman combo video, I noticed him at some point meter burning 2 catdashes back to back in the same combo.
I'm not sure if this has been known for a while now but after a discussion with @Under_The_Mayo , I decided to post it.
Here is the vid:
Thing is, Catwoman can connect as many dashes as she can, as long as she whiffs the first hit, leaving her opponent crippled for numerous follow up options.
I have yet to look in depth for setups that might go well with this, or combos that might increase her damage potential, using interactables and background bounces.
In the meantime, I'll leave the Catwoman community work it's magic, hoping to find some useful techs involving this!
@Ninj
@GGA 16 Bit (You made us proud! Keep it up! Meow)
@chemist4hire
@xWildx (Not sure if you still play her man but you're pretty active on CW's forums lol)
@RunwayMafia
@Fellow kitties
When you say "whiffs the first hit" you mean doing something like a standing 1 that doesn't connect, like how Batgirl can reset the hitstun on her bolo or arrow can set up his super reset, right? I ask because it doesn't look like you're doing that in the video.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
When you say "whiffs the first hit" you mean doing something like a standing 1 that doesn't connect, like how Batgirl can reset the hitstun on her bolo or arrow can set up his super reset, right? I ask because it doesn't look like you're doing that in the video.
A meter burned cat dash hits twice. You have to whiff it's first hit then catch your opponent on your way back. This will leave Catwoman in the same position.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Maybe you could use this situationally to nab a little more damage for a psuedo-unclashable? Opponent is expecting to clash to the right and you hit them into another Catdash into F3 for slightly more damage? I dunno.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'm afraid this is appears to be only a little quirky thing you can do, because altering combos to make this happen severely reduces overall combo damage. Doing it into transition doesn't do more damage. It doesn't increase background bounce combos. I tested 2 Whiffed Dashes into OTG interactable explosion and the computer could wake up through it.

But who knows, maybe someone will find something crazy with it down the line. Maybe I need to think more outside the box. But so far, no practical use. Thank you @Rodrigue for coming to me with the idea. Keep up the good work!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm looking at this and thinking...
Theres ways to abuse this. I feel like there is, honestly. Running out some character's traits, building scratches, running down time...
Or, if you feel sausy, abusing different stand speeds to your advantage like b.2 and whatnot.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'm looking at this and thinking...
Theres ways to abuse this. I feel like there is, honestly. Running out some character's traits, building scratches, running down time...
Or, if you feel sausy, abusing different stand speeds to your advantage like b.2 and whatnot.
Yeah. Doesn't it FEEL like something that could be insane somehow? But I just can't get it into any useful situation. To your points, it uses less combo time actually because you're sacrificing hits. Which means you're also losing damage. Which means you're building less scratches since it's less hits. Quick stand I don't know since I don't have my console on right now.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah. Doesn't it FEEL like something that could be insane somehow? But I just can't get it into any useful situation. To your points, it uses less combo time actually because you're sacrificing hits. Which means you're also losing damage. Which means you're building less scratches since it's less hits. Quick stand I don't know since I don't have my console on right now.
I do feel it. Like digging my hands into the fresh earth, the dirt is falling between my fingers right now and its saturated with potential

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Mayo thank you. You've done so much for the community! Muchas gracias to you sir!
I do feel it. Like digging my hands into the fresh earth, the dirt is falling between my fingers right now and its saturated with potential
Come on doomy, do your thang while the soil is still fresh :)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Haha. I've found some things but I need to test further. I can say this though, the stuff I found is... Interesting.

Basically it's some of the dirtiest resets I've found to date on anyone but it requires a BGB.

coolwhip

Noob
This would have been very useful if it led to some unclashable damage or something (not that CW needs more unclashable damage!). As it stands I feel it's a waste of meter, though who knows, maybe it has its situational uses. As I told you via text though @Rodrigue, it seems like you sacrifice a lot of damage doing this. But it's worth messing around with it to see if it leads to some nifty set-ups.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
try out this tech on the fortress of solitude with that godlike lazer , id say there is some dirt
Lazer is filthy there. But it scales the damage even more. I still don't know about the reset options though.
Haha. I've found some things but I need to test further. I can say this though, the stuff I found is... Interesting.

Basically it's some of the dirtiest resets I've found to date on anyone but it requires a BGB.
Show meeeeh! To hell with Bane! Pick up the kitty and change your avatar to an ugly siamese instead haha.
@coolwhip you're right (surprise surprise). If you have some time to spare now, go and practice your Bruce. I'll be done with uni tomorrow at 5PM so if you feel like getting some games I'll be waiting for you. Oh and you owning that troll on the stream chat was priceless hahahaha

coolwhip

Noob
Lazer is filthy there. But it scales the damage even more. I still don't know about the reset options though.

Show meeeeh! To hell with Bane! Pick up the kitty and change your avatar to an ugly siamese instead haha.
@coolwhip you're right (surprise surprise). If you have some time to spare now, go and practice your Bruce. I'll be done with uni tomorrow at 5PM so if you feel like getting some games I'll be waiting for you. Oh and you owning that troll on the stream chat was priceless hahahaha
Yeah I'll probably come over tomorrow. I haven't practiced in a couple of weeks so I'll try to shake off the rust today.

E

Eldriken

I just might pick Catwoman back up again. This is interesting as hell.

I mean, I did start off as a Catwoman main after all. I just got bored with her. New tech is always reason enough to try her out again. =O

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Done. Been practicing the Flash and Harley lately so if it can be of any use to you tell me. I can't call you btw, no more $ :p but I'm still hanging on to a text just in case you get lost :p

E

Eldriken

Dafuq did I just read?! Does that make Doomsday more fun than Catwoman?? Tsk tsk tsk, I'm disappointed Floridian :(
To me? By quite a large margin. I guess she's just not rush down enough for me.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I guess she's just not rush down enough for me.
Eldriken you just gave me herpes! How fun can it be rushing down your opponents with shoulder charge then earthshake the crap out of them? However, I am willing to give DD a try. But right now I'll just stick to CW, BG and The Flash

E

Eldriken

Eldriken you just gave me herpes! How fun can it be rushing down your opponents with shoulder charge then earthshake the crap out of them? However, I am willing to give DD a try. But right now I'll just stick to CW, BG and The Flash
Because when you play people that shit like that doesn't work on all the time, you start to have fun.

When you have to play Doomsday in a different manner than just flowchart, he's a lot more fun. Yes, most of his tactics revolve around MB Venom and Earth Shake, but he doesn't HAVE to be played like that the entire round and at times, cannot be played like that the entire round. Playing against people who play a character that have tools to deal with these moves and know how to defend against Doomsday in general make it an uphill battle and that is fun to me.

tl;dr: Players who know how to defend against Doomsday properly make me enjoy playing him because I get to play him differently than most people are used to seeing.