What's new

Catwoman MU Discussion

HapHaxion

"Knowledge" - Taio Cruz
We had a tech thread, but no Matchup discussion thread, so I'm creating one. Talk about MUs, numbers, etc below.

Juffalo

Noob
So what's catwoman's worst matchup?

Full disclosure: I hate mirrors and am fishing for a pocket character

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
So what's catwoman's worst matchup?

Full disclosure: I hate mirrors and am fishing for a pocket character
Captain Cold is by far her worst Matchup, widely agreed as a 3 - 7. I would recommend picking up someone with a fast projectile or with good mobility options: Deadshot, Red Hood, Supergirl, Batman, Black Adam, Green Arrow or Harley Quinn are all great options to cover your bad matchups

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Captain Cold is by far her worst Matchup, widely agreed as a 3 - 7. I would recommend picking up someone with a fast projectile or with good mobility options: Deadshot, Red Hood, Supergirl, Batman, Black Adam, Green Arrow or Harley Quinn are all great options to cover your bad matchups
Cold *used* to beat her. It's debatable if he still does after the nerfs. If Atom becomes the new counterpick I'm gonna fall over laughing, that'd be pure gold!

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
"Good options"
She can mash D2 and the MB breath will whiff completely. Don't MB and get D2d anyways lul.
At max range she can't, she will get frozen for trying to d2 if you do it max range.
Cold still beats her, he can still get a level 2 trait behind his ice puddle and rinse repeat the same shit, she just gets kept out for a second less.

Black Manta, Ivy, Green Arrow, do well against her, even Green Lantern I think also.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
At max range she can't, she will get frozen for trying to d2 if you do it max range.
Cold still beats her, he can still get a level 2 trait behind his ice puddle and rinse repeat the same shit, she just gets kept out for a second less.

Black Manta, Ivy, Green Arrow, do well against her, even Green Lantern I think also.
Fair point, the D2 only works point blank.

But nah, the reason I think it's even now is that Cold's meter build is pretty poor and a puddle now only guarantees him one bar of trait. As a result, it's difficult to get the loop going, and once it is going, all it accounts for is a stall tactic. He isn't building more meter (or any if he wants to trait up again), he isn't chipping, and he sure isn't going on the aggressive. Creating a stalemate doesn't make it in his favor unless he's willing to try to run out the incredibly generous clock on a life lead.

Choices like Arrow and Manta who have strong neutral are obvious better choices. If you think Cold cleanly beats her 7/3 post patch, try it yourself and enjoy the ride on the struggle bus.

MysTiiK_V

"For Mother Nature"
catwoman's losing mu's imo are Arrow, WoWo, possibly manta(according to fox lol), and idk bout cold

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
catwoman's losing mu's imo are Arrow, WoWo, possibly manta, and cold
All those are even except Wonder Woman IMO and that might even be debatable, of course.
But there's no way she has those many losing MUs lol.

I can see Cold still beating her, just not as bad but I guess we will never find out because everyone dropped him lol so yeah, I guess that will always be a mistery since even pre-patch it took a reaaaally good Cold to show how bad that MU was.

MysTiiK_V

"For Mother Nature"
All those are even except Wonder Woman IMO and that might even be debatable, of course.
But there's no way she has those many losing MUs lol.

I can see Cold still beating her, just not as bad but I guess we will never find out because everyone dropped him lol so yeah, I guess that will always be a mistery since even pre-patch it took a reaaaally good Cold to show how bad that MU was.
ehh, I just really think she loses to arrow and WoWo for sure, you cant even use the 33B2 string against him for some odd reason it whiffs on him. Manta idk, haven't played it but that's only because sonic was saying manta beats catwoman, but he's always said some crazy stuff and has been wrong many times. Cold its either 5-5 or 6-4 cold but we would need to see the mu at the highest level now to tell.

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
ehh, I just really think she loses to arrow and WoWo for sure, you cant even use the 33B2 string against him for some odd reason it whiffs on him. Manta idk, haven't played it but that's only because sonic was saying manta beats catwoman, but he's always said some crazy stuff and has been wrong many times. Cold its either 5-5 or 6-4 cold but we would need to see the mu at the highest level now to tell.
I agree, I think she loses to arrow and wowo

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
catwoman's losing mu's imo are Arrow, WoWo, possibly manta(according to fox lol), and idk bout cold
I really think she only loses to Arrow and ch. Other than that she wins or they are 5-5’s. WoWo deals with her well and shuts down “catwoman shir” but she doesn’t shut down any of CW’s options. Just punishes it better than most. Manta is 5-5 as well, he just has the normals that are long enough to compete with her and his db2 helps slow down the use of j2. Cold just isn’t really a threat anymore. He doesn’t get trait as often due to the time reduced on db3 mb. Arrow and cheetah both force her to chase them around and cheetahs damage and mix can destroy a healthbar in seconds. So she can get one touch and say screw your neutral, hold this mix

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
I really think she only loses to Arrow and ch. Other than that she wins or they are 5-5’s. WoWo deals with her well and shuts down “catwoman shir” but she doesn’t shut down any of CW’s options. Just punishes it better than most. Manta is 5-5 as well, he just has the normals that are long enough to compete with her and his db2 helps slow down the use of j2. Cold just isn’t really a threat anymore. He doesn’t get trait as often due to the time reduced on db3 mb. Arrow and cheetah both force her to chase them around and cheetahs damage and mix can destroy a healthbar in seconds. So she can get one touch and say screw your neutral, hold this mix
imo she doesn't lose to cheetah, cheetah has no neutral game. If you don't fall for her gimmicks, its a 5-5. Wowo definitely wins imo, check out rewind vs semiij last week, its a good display of this matchup

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Cheetah definitely isn't a problem for Catwoman. Realistically speaking because: while Cheetah can mix, Catwoman can as well while having superior footsies, better walk speed, blows up her string gaps with parry and can low profile a lot of Cheetah's mids. Yes I know Cheetah can low profile stuff with sweep but the risk/reward of Selina's low profiling is totally different. 8% versus a full combo. Cat dash is an issue too because of the way she can use it to blow up leaps and what not. Cheetah does better than many on the roster, but that doesn't mean she wins.

They both can oki each other well. There's no real reason why it wouldn't be at worst 5-5 for Catwoman. The neutral game is super irritating.

MysTiiK_V

"For Mother Nature"
imo she doesn't lose to cheetah, cheetah has no neutral game. If you don't fall for her gimmicks, its a 5-5. Wowo definitely wins imo, check out rewind vs semiij last week, its a good display of this matchup
yeah, always hated playing catwoman against wowo