What's new

Strategy Catwoman, Meter and Trait

MK_Al

Noob
My fellow Kitty players,
I feel like currently most of us are focusing on using MB and Trait for one of the following reasons:

- Extending high damaging combos (MB / Trait)
- Rushing opponents from mid/far range (MB / Ex Catdash)
- Punishing projectiles / strings/ ... (MB / Ex Catdash)

While punishing seems absolutely worth the meter, I think the other options mentioned above are not. Firstly, on the long run, nobody will eat a naked fullscreen catdash. Secondly, adding MB or Trait to an already high damaging combo will only gain a few mor percentage:

j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 11, 112 xx bf2(MB), 1f2 40%
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 11, 11 xx 4 = 43%
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 11, 112 xx df1 = 39%

In my opinion, it's her (low damaging) overhead combos where using her Trait and MB makes much more sense:

b2, f11 xx bf1 = 20%
b2, f11 xx 4 = 32%
b2, bf2(MB), b3, f3, 112 xx catstance 3 = 40%

33b2, f11 xx bf1 = 23%
33b2, f11 xx 4 = 33%
33b2, bf2(MB), b3, f3, 112 xx catstance 3 = 40%

So, spending MB or Trait on overhead combos will make your opponent respect the b1/b2 option even more.

Any thoughts?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I only use her trait for more damage when I need it to win a round or it can extend a 20% combo I screwed up into 35% or whatever. It serves way better as a full invincibility wake up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I only use her trait for more damage when I need it to win a round or it can extend a 20% combo I screwed up into 35% or whatever. It serves way better as a full invincibility wake up.

I have heard people mention that the trait is fully invincible on wake up... does that mean that she can't be hit out of it before it starts? I have been hit out of it before on wake up... just wanting to know if I timed it wrong...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I have heard people mention that the trait is fully invincible on wake up... does that mean that she can't be hit out of it before it starts? I have been hit out of it before on wake up... just wanting to know if I timed it wrong...
Yup you probably timed it wrong, unless there were other variables like super armour involved or something. I spam trait when I need an invincible wake up.

Backfire

Noob
i agree with what you are saying but people do eat up full screen cat dashes, especially if they try a wakeup attack the will eat a whole combo after the dash. full screen cat dashes are also good against people like deathstroke you can block his guns and do a reversal cat dash (EX) before he can fire the next shot.

also you are ending your combos with 11 112 just to let you know you will get more damage from either 33 or f2.

MK_Al

Noob
Backfire said:
also you are ending your combos with 11 112 just to let you know you will get more damage from either 33 or f2.
Thx for the input, but I couldn't find any high damaging combos that do more damage with either 33 or f2 so far. Can you give an example?

Backfire

Noob
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 33 xx bf2(MB), 1f2 41% (maybe 42% not too sure)
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 33 xx df1 = 40%

i guess as its only 1 percent it doesnt really matter too much, just do whatever is easiest. maybe im wrong for the other combos but im pretty sure the first one i posted is at least 41% with 33

iVital

Noob
B+2, BF2 (MB), J2,1, ~4 =41%

Pretty decent damage for an overhead starter, you can also option for the hard knockdown with either 1,2,2 or 1F2 instead of going for damage.

MK_Al

Noob
Backfire said:
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 33 xx bf2(MB), 1f2 41% (maybe 42% not too sure)
j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 33 xx df1 = 40%

i guess as its only 1 percent it doesnt really matter too much, just do whatever is easiest. maybe im wrong for the other combos but im pretty sure the first one i posted is at least 41% with 33
I can't connect the 2 after 1f2 in your - j1, b12d3 xx bf1, b3, f3, 33 xx bf2(MB), 1f2 - combo; without 2 it deals 40%. Nice combo!