What's new

Catwoman General Discussion. "The Claws Are Out!"

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Can someone give me the quick "how to beat" CW run down.
Depends on the MU but you basically want to keep her out as much as you can and if your character has a good neutral play it against her patiently. Learn how to AA her or MBB3/F3 her jump 2.
She is kinda bad on wake-up, she has a fully invincible wake-up but you can just neutral jumo or cross her up, if she wakes up it will whiff.

Also, learn how to option select her - on block "staggers" since a lot of people get caught by that for some reason.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Depends on the MU but you basically want to keep her out as much as you can and if your character has a good neutral play it against her patiently. Learn how to AA her or MBB3/F3 her jump 2.
She is kinda bad on wake-up, she has a fully invincible wake-up but you can just neutral jumo or cross her up, if she wakes up it will whiff.

Also, learn how to option select her - on block "staggers" since a lot of people get caught by that for some reason.
Got it. Thanks bud

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
So I had some trouble backdashing GL's b13 on reaction so I labbed reversal dodge, here's what dodge does on different GL strings:
B13: free full combo punish
B12: leaves you plus and right in his face
B1xxwall: leaves you plus and right in his face
B1xxwall meter burn: free full combo punish

The dodge is so much easier than a backdash and does almost exactly the same thing. It leaves you closer to utilise plus frames better, too. Due to this, I can consistently dodge to punish b13 on reaction while I had some trouble dling that with a backdash.
GL can read this and go for b1, b1 or b1xxbf2 to punish it but both options are really bad on block

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
So I had some trouble backdashing GL's b13 on reaction so I labbed reversal dodge, here's what dodge does on different GL strings:

The dodge is so much easier than a backdash and does almost exactly the same thing. It leaves you closer to utilise plus frames better, too. Due to this, I can consistently dodge to punish b13 on reaction while I had some trouble dling that with a backdash.
GL can read this and go for b1, b1 or b1xxbf2 to punish it but both options are really bad on block
Yeah! I use dodge but also take into consideration that the range of B1 also makes the gap smaller and at max range there's no gap at all.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11

Great find dude, I fucking hate GL, especially when you get hit trying to backdash because his b1 was at max range and you get put into the mix.
Will definitely try this out

Kooron Nation

I noticed CatWoman's threads are a bit of a ghost town, so wanted to post some stuff that maybe people were unaware of or could start implementing.

Basically wanted to talk about the f2d31 string and how useful it is in ramping up the damage in combos from all her meterless launchers (33b2, 2d21, b3, d2).
It's not too hard to get down pat; basically after any of her meterless launchers into a b3, you do an instant j2 and input the f2d31 after the j2, basically all as one combo string, then end in either 1f2, or s2xxwhip.
I use her 33 and 33b2 staggers a lot since it shreds armour and 33 is only -1, so optimising combos for meterless damage is great, that way I can spend more meter on MB-trait.

Anyways I got some videos here:

Using F2D31 in her meterless launchers:

311 damage (1-bar) from D2 AA:

MBb3 400 damage:

438 meterless (BGB, 5 scratches):

33b2 corner optimal implementing f2d31:

masherofbuttons

I agree catwoman forums are a bit empty atm, not too much to talk about. It'd be nice if more people would post match footage so I'll start, tips are very muvh welcome.
Ranked against yammini (reverse 3-0 :p)

Ranked against some aquaman/deadshot, I struggle in the aquaman mu.

Kooron Nation

I hate playing Green Arrow players, all so disrespectful lol. I'll have a watch of those when I wake up, it's 4am here and just going to bed, just thought I'd post some shit before bed.

I finally figured out the whole YouTube thing so I'll try uploading some sets as well, hopefully get this thread up and running again.

Who else plays her?
Just @EMPRESS_SunFire ?

masherofbuttons

I hate playing Green Arrow players, all so disrespectful lol. I'll have a watch of those when I wake up, it's 4am here and just going to bed, just thought I'd post some shit before bed.

I finally figured out the whole YouTube thing so I'll try uploading some sets as well, hopefully get this thread up and running again.

Who else plays her?
Just @EMPRESS_SunFire ?
I think that's it, yeah

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
More people use her but the TYM Catwoman forums are dead for some reason haha.

Also Green Arrow can be annoying and you better believe they are gonna wake-up every single time but the Catwoman vs Arrow MU is 5-5 IMO, she does good against him.

Sazbak

Noob
I'm thinking of picking up this character. Is there a high level Catwoman streamer that I can watch regularly?

masherofbuttons

someone said this character has staggers, what can she stagger exactly?
2d2 is the most legit stagger, b12d3 is sort of staggerable but the gap is big. F1 is 0 on block, you get staggers, shimmies, neutral jumps, all that jazz.
F1123 and 33b2 are godlike staggers but only when the opponent isn't OS-ing a down or back normal. There are ways to catch people OS-ing:
-Bounce cancels
-Armoring after f1 or 33 (some pokes recover quick enough to block this)
-Blocking the normal and continuing pressure
-probably something else I'm forgetting
-lots of character specific stuff.
Once you get someone to stop OS-ing those it's party time.

The stagger pressure is there, it's just not as good as people are making it out to be. Don't get me wrong CW is godlike, just not because of her staggers.

I don't think it's possible to t OS the F1123 or 33b2 stagger because these string has a gap right before the last overhead hit

Parasurama

Dragon

Hi... What option select do you use? Pressing buttons gets you into full combo situations right?

masherofbuttons

I don't think it's possible to t OS the F1123 or 33b2 stagger because these string has a gap right before the last overhead hit
It's possible, your normal won't come out.

Hi... What option select do you use? Pressing buttons gets you into full combo situations right?
You can mash a down or back normal, you'll block if the string continues and the normal will come out if cw tries to stagger.

TamedLizard

Buff George
So I know, dead character forum and all, but would any Catwoman players (or anyone that reads this for that matter), be interested in a comprehensive list of normals and specials she can low profile? Because I am working on one and naturally, I'll be omitting highs.

I figured it could at least generate some sort of discussion (even if it's salt fueled :3), as well as give players a heads up on which normals and specials she can exploit using her hitbox (be it a viable tactic for her to do so, or not).

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
So I know, dead character forum and all, but would any Catwoman players (or anyone that reads this for that matter), be interested in a comprehensive list of normals and specials she can low profile? Because I am working on one and naturally, I'll be omitting highs.

I figured it could at least generate some sort of discussion (even if it's salt fueled :3), as well as give players a heads up on which normals and specials she can exploit using her hitbox (be it a viable tactic for her to do so, or not).
yes!!

For example, WoWo's 223 (entire string) whiffs on her B3 animation......
It will take VERY LONG time to create such list, because there are way too many.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
After the recent nerfs, what are the strings you guys are using along with trait? Often I find that I have full trait but I’m not using it enough in matches. For a bar we can get the plus frames, but is it worth it, especially with the nerfs to meterless damage.

Long question made short: what strings are using to end in trait for chip, or plus frames?

I found new midscreen optimal combo for her with 2d2 starter:
2d21, B2 catdash MB (whiff), b3, jump 3, 12 whip = 385 dmg on superman
The first part of catdash must whiff, only the MB part connect.
If you do the B2 a bit slower then the combo looks like this:
2d21, b2 catdash, b3, jump 3, 1f2 = 369.3 dmg on superman

I can't find any better combo off 2d2 starter. It means our whiff MB catdash combos are back guys!