What's new

Catwoman General Discussion. "The Claws Are Out!"

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
They didn't touch frames, I love it. These changes are exactly what I had hoped for.
We're still safe on everything but got a reduction on bs which is totally fine. We can't say for sure but I can see her still being top

Thingy

Retired account
They didn't touch frames, I love it. These changes are exactly what I had hoped for.
We're still safe on everything but got a reduction on bs which is totally fine. We can't say for sure but I can see her still being top
From what we know they didn't touch frames...that is not fact just yet. Pay attention to what they said prior to discussing the patch.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
We can not really say that she will still be a "great" character, as we do not know the extent of her damage nerfs/increased scaling and frame data changes(as they said they would not go into changes to frame data numbers on stream, but will reveal them with the patch notes). There will still be surprise changes once the notes come out.

From what was actually revealed, she got hit hard. Of course it was expected and she needed the nerfs, but the fact remains that she will be a lot worse, and we still so not know everything about this patch.

Lets not dismiss the possibility that she could fall into mid tier hell just yet. I am certainly not dismissing she could still be top 10, I simply said she would be lucky to still be top 10 or even top 15.
Yeah, we haven't seen any frame data changes but AS FAR as the changes we know... They weren't even big enough to make her significantly worse, she will just not have anything to abuse (most likely) and will have to use her tools wisely.

I wouldn't say she got "hit hard" honestly, she just lost the stuff that was easily abusable.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
She will still be the same just removal of the bullshit, solid character and easily top 10.
Who even knows how much damage she'll get nerfed, I think her corner combos from catstance 1 will still be big damage, and assuming she doesn't get frame adjustments, she'll still be mostly plus with 2d2, catstance 1, 1f2, mb trait.

Her b3 still low profiles on start up and tbh her J2 pretty much looked exactly the same I'd barely call that a nerf lol, it was hitting Attrocitus pretty high in the jump arc still.

@Dogeofthesea I agree, I have troubles with WW.
They only said she would have increased damage scaling after MB catdash and all her whip attacks so I imagine the scaling in her corner combos will be off up whip only.

HanSolo

Noob
Based on the stream Catwoman was hit harder than batman, superman or BA. Maybe she will still be top tier. Maybe not. We will have to answer this question when we get the full scoop on the patch and see how much the rest of the cast is elevated by buffs. My thing is, saying Catwoman will definitely be AT LEAST top 10 before we even have patch notes is absurd and borderline upplay at this point.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Based on the stream Catwoman was hit harder than batman, superman or BA. Maybe she will still be top tier. Maybe not. We will have to answer this question when we get the full scoop on the patch and see how much the rest of the cast is elevated by buffs. My thing is, saying Catwoman will definitely be AT LEAST top 10 before we even have patch notes is absurd and borderline upplay at this point.
Just like saying she will be lucky to be top 15 is downplay.
She is a #1 contender in this version of the game, a few tweaks won't hurt that much... Specially if she still does pretty much everything, just not as good. In this current version she doesn't even have an actual weakness, what they did was to tone her down in every area just so she isn't crazy but she will still have an answer to everything and it doesn't take having to play the patch to know it.
She will still have a wake-up, good AA, good damage, mix-ups, amazing range, the walkspeed of the gods, plus frames, an amazing grab, a godlike backdash, B3 is pretty much untouched unless they actually nerf the start-up hurtbox but they would've mentioned it.

Also out of those characters the only one that is on her level right now is Black Adam and yeah, his nerfs were pretty meh but everyone knows he will still be as good as he is right now, he got a slap in the face.

Thingy

Retired account
Just like saying she will be lucky to be top 15 is downplay.
It is impossible to downplay or upplay in a period of speculation. She has some tools to be a #1 contender in THIS version, yeah. But we will not be playing this version of the game much longer. Tanya, Scorpion, and Alien went from God to average at best, so do not be so sure of yourself....especially before we have the actual notes. I remember people singing the same "They Will Be Fine!" tune when those characters got nerfed.

When we have the notes, then maybe people can be accused of downplaying or upplaying the changes. On paper does not translate to what the reality of the game will be even with the notes though.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Are there any good Catwoman players with good connections that wanna play in the future? My psn is Espio872, I play Beetle and Vixen lul.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
I think it's probably me downplaying or just my opinion but I think the nerfs are a little too harsh. MB Cat Dash no longer having armor means it's harder to get in on zoning, and no invulnerability on trait (even though it was BS anyway) sucks. I thought her damage was fine already, but as long as they didn't completely gut her damage I think I'll be okay with it.

B3 and J2 were justified. Everything else to me, not really. Granted, I never used trait except for combo enders and chipping out opponents late.

I really hope they don't touch her frame data. I wanna actually see how this patch affects her for real.

I'm holding out hope that she's fine, but MB Cat Dash and the damage change was a little too excessive for me. She still has great mobility and Cat Evade for things but I'm gonna miss the shit out of MB Cat Dash.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I think it's probably me downplaying or just my opinion but I think the nerfs are a little too harsh. MB Cat Dash no longer having armor means it's harder to get in on zoning, and no invulnerability on trait (even though it was BS anyway) sucks. I thought her damage was fine already, but as long as they didn't completely gut her damage I think I'll be okay with it.

B3 and J2 were justified. Everything else to me, not really. Granted, I never used trait except for combo enders and chipping out opponents late.

I really hope they don't touch her frame data. I wanna actually see how this patch affects her for real.

I'm holding out hope that she's fine, but MB Cat Dash and the damage change was a little too excessive for me. She still has great mobility and Cat Evade for things but I'm gonna miss the shit out of MB Cat Dash.
Her mobility is amazing, she will not have trouble against zoning, MB catdash not having armor only means the zoners will have more chances to actually keep her out instead of fearing MB catdash the whole time. Her damage was ridiculous in the corner and it was very good midscreen, she definitely needed that nerf considering she has a lot of safe meterless launchers and even for a bar the damage was very good, not to mention she has safety off her ass.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Her mobility is amazing, she will not have trouble against zoning, MB catdash not having armor only means the zoners will have more chances to actually keep her out instead of fearing MB catdash the whole time. Her damage was ridiculous in the corner and it was very good midscreen, she definitely needed that nerf considering she has a lot of safe meterless launchers and even for a bar the damage was very good, not to mention she has safety off her ass.
I hope she keeps the safety pending a frame data change. I'll probably adapt to everything else though, now the only person I might have a lot of trouble with now is Fate since he can just zone her without fear pending the balance patch.

Did they show how significant the damage adjustment was during the stream? I missed it.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I hope she keeps the safety pending a frame data change. I'll probably adapt to everything else though, now the only person I might have a lot of trouble with now is Fate since he can just zone her without fear pending the balance patch.

Did they show how significant the damage adjustment was during the stream? I missed it.
I think she will keep the safety, I can see them making her overhead not plus tho but I don't think they will make her hella unsafe or anything.

They didn't show the difference but they said it will scale more off MB catdash and her whips attachs so her meterless launchers will most likely keep the damage unless they also nerfed that, I doubt it will be a huge change, yet I do think it will be significant. Her damage was over the top IMO.

Also as I said, her walkspeed alone makes her a treat against zoners, she also has gat range, J2 and B3. The MB catdash nerf will probably make some of her winning MUs against zoners like Deadshot, Fate, Harley even but that's just a blind guess obviously. She already did well against let's say Blue Beetle, who was able to keep her away quite well, and MB catdash was not even that big of a factor in that MU to begin with so I think she will be fine.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Trying new CW from patch now.

MB Cat Dash sucks but she still has everything else except Cat Stance Cartwheel being unsafe on block now.

Damage nerf/scaling really isn't that bad to me tbh. I don't really feel the difference in that and the B3, J2 nerfs.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
cat wheel frame trapped off 1 string only in the corner. There was no mindgames/pressure
You could go into 3 to frame trap off more strings and gain respect or backdash for safety and if they wanted to block/chase/armor you could go for 1 again. There were mindgames

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
J2 and b3 feel exactly the same......lol :)

Her corner combos doing about 480 damage now. No point spending a second bar for the trait ender since it barely adds an extra 15 points of damage.

Catstance 1 nerf sucks but we will manage

Reactions: Rey

Rey

Reycier
J2 and b3 feel exactly the same......lol :)

Her corner combos doing about 480 damage now. No point spending a second bar for the trait ender since it barely adds an extra 15 points of damage.

Catstance 1 nerf sucks but we will manage
J2 Hits higher so in some Situation her Whip whiffs. Oh doesnt matter.
This tool is sooo Strong. Still too Good.
B3 has lot more Recovery on whiff but thats also fine.
Cartwheel punishable is a hart Punch but lets be serious... its fair.
Nice Patch!
CW is still strong!
How you guys use her trait now?
Pre Patch i used it almost as WU.
I dont like it to use it as a Combo ender.
Its not worth it imo

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
J2 Hits higher so in some Situation her Whip whiffs. Oh doesnt matter.
This tool is sooo Strong. Still too Good.
B3 has lot more Recovery on whiff but thats also fine.
Cartwheel punishable is a hart Punch but lets be serious... its fair.
Nice Patch!
CW is still strong!
How you guys use her trait now?
Pre Patch i used it almost as WU.
I dont like it to use it as a Combo ender.
Its not worth it imo
Plus frames and chip damage but it also gives her more damage, even tho now it doesn't add as much so I will use it way less in combos, I barely used it before in combos anyway.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hey guys! Well as we all know her optimal damage comes from a J2 F2D31 into ender but for some reason I haven't seen anyone use this combo at all or drop it a lot.

I just found a way to make it 100% consistent and easy. All you have to do is hit an instant forward J2 after a B3 and cancel it into the F2D31 string, therefore the string will hit atthe perfect frame making it extremely consistent and easy. I haven't dropped it once ever since I started doing this.

This works after any of her meterless launchers and raw B3, it doesn't work after MB catdash.

Reactions: Rey