What's new

Strategy Catwoman day 1 BnBs, thoughts on gameplay - Evade

First just a quick list of BnBs I've been using

J2, B12D3~BF2, B3, J2, 112, cat stance, ~pounce - 38% meterless
Same thing with 33 in place of B12D3 is 37% meterless.

You only get one extra percent by using EX cat dash, so it's not worth it. Instead of the pounce ender you can use her trait for some extra damage or her super also lands.

Thoughts on her gameplay. This is probably not specific to Catwoman, just injustice in general and a consequence of no dash cancelling. First, a brief mention of how stupid zoning is in this game. Fast projectiles and slow movement. That combination sucks. period. It blows my mind that no one figured that out yet. Just the opposite is desireable.

There at least needs to be certain moves that are cancellable and some that are not. For example, the ability to cancel a dash with a jump would be nice, but mostly, my comments effect moves that begin with a back input. The dash length is long. You have to use back to block... So if you are blocking and then try to counter with a cat dash, it's going to register as a backdash instead when you come out of block stun. That's stupid. You can't be walking backwards and then throw out a cat dash. Walking or stepping backwards and then pressing BF2 will make you back dash. That's stupid. In short, you should be able to cancel back dashes with any move that begins with a back input

Secondly, lack of diagonals (DB or DF instead of QC) screws up inputs as well. Tons of characters have mixups. Say you block a low string and then try and counter with an over B2. Guess what. You can't. Even if you're mindful of the inputs and input it perfectly, lack of diagonals make it fire as DB2, and instead of punishing the blocked low, Evade is gonig to come out. That is fucking stupid.

Evade - Why would you ever use evade? It would only be good if you could dash cancel into it. It's not a good anti zoning tool. The duration frames and speed of projectiles don't allow you to gain any ground whatsoever if you avoid a projectile using it. It works no better than neutral jumping, and jumping forward over a read projectile is much, MUCH better. up close, again, the duration frames of evadedon't even allow you to whiff punish anything. Using it makes you avoid one attack of chip at best with the risk of getting absolutely stomped if someone dials a combo. Evade sucks.

Any thoughts? I probably just need to give it more time, but that's my day 1 impression.