What's new

Video/Tutorial Catwoman - BnB's vs F3 - Meterless Pressure - Corner Pressure - J2

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Hey Swagwomen,

Here's a quick video I put together to discuss the following topics:

BnB's vs Double F3
Meterless 50/50 pressure
Corner Pressure tactics
J2 spacing control

IMPORTANT NOTE

You barely get any advantage off a blocked jump 1 in this game. You gotta have the jump 1 blocked fairly deep for b+1 to jail and b+2 probably won't ever jail. So to prevent them from mashing d+1 after your blocked jump ins I use j1 into 3,3. 3,3 is her fastest mid and unless it's a very early jump 1 they can't poke out. They try and they get blown up. If they block then you're +1 and they have to respect your d+1~cat claws. Once you've conditioned them to respect 3,3 after the blocked jump ins you can start doing 50/50 or throw.

GGA 16 Bit - FYI - J2 jails far better than J1. Flash's 6 frame Flying Uppercut gets out if you whip high, but he typically moves through you instead of hitting you. Superman can't get out of it with his 11 frame Rising Grab (referring to J2). Thanks for pointing out J1 into 3,3 as the better option until they're conditioned.

I'm working on some other Catwoman stuff 'cause damn, she's Swagbot 5000. I felt these topics were worth discussing and so here are my thoughts in video form. Under_The_Mayo GGA 16 Bit KH StarCharger Krayzie @Siren RunwayMafia STB Shujinkydink

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
"So you see I screwed that up like 5 times... It's kind of a big deal" Lol, Ninj. You're awesome. That does kind of prove the point though. The F3 combos are AWESOME, but if you don't feel fully confident that you can do it in a match, forget it. That's not to say that some people can't do it, but if they can't they shouldn't feel bad about it. You're putting a lot on the line for a big jump in sensitivity.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Please explain to me why the double F3 is essential...more damage? Untechable knock down? Why not just finish the combo? Im a blonde...

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Oh wow...just watched the vid (couldn't earlier, was at work)...1.) Ninj is hilarious "wow...I'm just on fire!"....2.) I had no idea you could do a JI2 after a F3...updating my combo list thread! Good shit

LockM

Noob
Please explain to me why the double F3 is essential...more damage? Untechable knock down? Why not just finish the combo? Im a blonde...
The two f3's gives a really nasty setup for you to put the opponent in a mixup, if the 2nd hit does 2 hits, if the 2nd hit only hits once you can still do the hard knockdown or go for catdash mb. Still find the combo pretty difficult but i'm getting more and more consistent at it and its a really important combo for when you don't want opponents to clash.

I'm more likely to try these combos when i'm heavily in the lead.

Ninj

The F3 combos are AWESOME, but if you don't feel fully confident that you can do it in a match, forget it.
It's funny - I get streaks where I nail it 5-6 times in a row and it feels natural. I haven't been able to figure out the 'trick' to it, which I'm typically good at figuring out.

I'll keep practicing it until I find what it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

The two f3's gives a really nasty setup for you to put the opponent in a mixup, if the 2nd hit does 2 hits...
Right, see you do get decent damage even if you screw it up and it still leads to a HKD. It feels awkward at first though and I highly recommend PRACTICING this double F3 combo ender setup as if it was the combo you meant to do. As in, go into training and practice your options after:

B12D3,CatDash B3 F3 (1 hit) F3 (both hits)

That's 35%, not bad.

This is all assuming you want to use Sirens combos.

Why are people still cancelling in to Cat Dash even though it is full combo punishable? The only I time I do is on jump back 2 (sometimes) or jump 2 where I see the opponent in the air. IK it doesn't matter in punishes and there a few strings like the first hit of 33 you can hit confirm it. But other important moves like D1 you can't and will be punished for it. As well as if they block the first 3 and accidentally let go for the second you are already too late to input Cat Dash. Why not just 33 Cat Claws or JI2 Cat Claws?

Ninj

Why are people still cancelling in to Cat Dash even though it is full combo punishable? The only I time I do is on jump back 2 (sometimes) or jump 2 where I see the opponent in the air. IK it doesn't matter in punishes and there a few strings like the first hit of 33 you can hit confirm it. But other important moves like D1 you can't and will be punished for it. As well as if they block the first 3 and accidentally let go for the second you are already too late to input Cat Dash. Why not just 33 Cat Claws or JI2 Cat Claws?
If you don't know if you'll hit, yes you should cancel into cat claws.

Ninj awesome stuff man! After the hard knock down I tried to use the setup where I would go for a ji 1 into either b12d3 or b2 but after the jump in I got pocked out almost every time! Was also wondering what you guys use to whiff punish opponents...

Ninj

Ninj awesome stuff man! After the hard knock down I tried to use the setup where I would go for a ji 1 into either b12d3 or b2 but after the jump in I got pocked out almost every time! Was also wondering what you guys use to whiff punish opponents...
There's more coming on how to whiff punish everyone.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You barely get any advantage off a blocked jump 1 in this game. You gotta have the jump 1 blocked fairly deep for b+1 to jail and b+2 probably won't ever jail. So to prevent them from mashing d+1 after your blocked jump ins I use j1 into 3,3. 3,3 is her fastest mid and unless it's a very early jump 1 they can't poke out. They try and they get blown up. If they block then you're +1 and they have to respect your d+1~cat claws. Once you've conditioned them to respect 3,3 after the blocked jump ins you can start doing 50/50 or throw.

Thead

Noob
Ninj

B12D3~Cat Claws, B3, F3(one hit), Ji1, 1F2/122 - 38% damage (both HKD)

Noticed you done a version for 41% involving MB Cat Dash. Thought ild share this BnB as you were keeping things meterless, and it leaves the same oki setup. (Slightly different with 122 ender, follow up Ji1 will crossover)

Didn't know you could B3 after a B2, thanks!