What's new

Strategy Catwoman Anti Air's

JJParker

Noob
Any help finding a good AA with Catwoman.

The Whip is good if the opponent tries to jump from mid range but when they jump in at close range the Whip is too slow and gets beat out. I have tried using d2 but that move is also very slow and gets beat. I then tried the Cartwheel from Cat Stance but its hitbox is not that great.

I have begun to use a back dash or jump back 2 but i dont want to have to give up ground all the time because people jump in this game a hell of a lot and before you know it you are in the corner.

This is the only pert of my game i am struggling with so any help greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

SLy

Noob
d2 is ok but not totally reliable.. Honestly I Feel catwoman has some of the best air to airs in the game. Her Jump1 and 2 are pretty damn legit

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
d2 is ok but not totally reliable.. Honestly I Feel catwoman has some of the best air to airs in the game. Her Jump1 and 2 are pretty damn legit

Agreed. Preemptive jump into jump 1 if they jump is her best anti-air IMO. That and jump back 2 or let their jump attack whiff and punish their landing with d+1~cat claws.

JJParker

Noob
I have been playing a friend who uses Harley Quinn and her jump 2 is very good. i have tried everything both you guys have said but her move always wins. If she jumps from pretty close range all i can do is block, everything else gets beat out.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I have been playing a friend who uses Harley Quinn and her jump 2 is very good. i have tried everything both you guys have said but her move always wins. If she jumps from pretty close range all i can do is block, everything else gets beat out.

That is a great jump attack but you can still do what we are saying.

If she is beating you in the air to air it means she is doing it early. She's jumping and hitting 2 as soon as she jumps. If that's the case the duration of the jump 2 should be ending as she is landing. Meaning you can duck and make it whiff then punishing the landing with d+1~cat claws. If she is hitting 2 late and you're getting hit when you're trying to make it whiff it means you could be winning air to air. Get in the range she's trying to jump and jump first. Your jump 1 would beat hers out if you're ready.

Reactions: SLy

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I'm looking at her D1. And it has this downward swipe with a HUGE vertical hitbox. Can easily be confirmed into 1 1 2 EX Dash, with the first part of the dash whiffing. It has to whiff, or the second won't hit them. Then you do B3 112 Whip. 32%

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ok, her D1 is pretty nice. And any anti-air d1 can go immediately into the EX Dash for 38% damage. D1ing an incoming jump could be dangerous. But if they crossover you too close, D1 will DESTROY them. The range on it is just ridiculous. If they're crossing you over you don't want to get hit. But say they're in the corner point blank and go for a jump over, they'll get nailed. Or rather...clawed?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ok so the D1 stuffs Batman's Jp2 if you have the distance to hit his leg. But if he's gonna hit you with his upper thigh to ass, you're gonna get hit. It's still good on crossover though.

I think the AA situation is a problem for catwoman, because even if she does jumping 1/2 to AA, what then? The cat scratch special doesn't launch, and the EX Dash has a good chance of missing on the second hit.

What about S1-F2? She does a cartwheel similar to her stance but is much faster than inputting DD3-1. Not sure what we can get off this but I'm curious to know if it stuffs a lot of jumps or not.

Also, maybe just B2? Can combo after it too.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok so the D1 stuffs Batman's Jp2 if you have the distance to hit his leg. But if he's gonna hit you with his upper thigh to ass, you're gonna get hit. It's still good on crossover though.

I think the AA situation is a problem for catwoman, because even if she does jumping 1/2 to AA, what then? The cat scratch special doesn't launch, and the EX Dash has a good chance of missing on the second hit.

She gets good damage off these air to air situations.

Air to air jump 1 she can do jump 1, 1,1, mb cat dash or even jump 1, 3, 3, mb cat dash.

Off an air to air jump 2 she can do the same as jump 1, just go straight into mb cat dash or if she catches them as she's going back down and the spacing is right she can do jump 2 into b+3.

The second part of MB Cat Dash shouldn't ever miss. You can control when the second part happens. You have a long time to delay it. You do not need to do b,f+2 then mash MB. You can do the first Cat Dash then wait for the opponent to start dropping down before doing the MB second dash.

She gets 30%+ off these air to airs.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
She gets good damage off these air to air situations.

Air to air jump 1 she can do jump 1, 1,1, mb cat dash or even jump 1, 3, 3, mb cat dash.

Off an air to air jump 2 she can do the same as jump 1, just go straight into mb cat dash or if she catches them as she's going back down and the spacing is right she can do jump 2 into b+3.

The second part of MB Cat Dash shouldn't ever miss. You can control when the second part happens. You have a long time to delay it. You do not need to do b,f+2 then mash MB. You can do the first Cat Dash then wait for the opponent to start dropping down before doing the MB second dash.

She gets 30%+ off these air to airs.
I wasn't aware she could control the timing of the second dash. I'll get to work on that. Thanks.