What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
first one is just fugly. second one is okay i guess
OOOOOOH that robot Flash costume was a design made by square enix I just posted that to post it. The second one is Flash from DC Universe Online in a alternate timeline where more then half of the superheroes died fighting off the villains. Batman made special suits for everyone to be ready for war. That is my favorite Flash suit of all time.

OOOOOOH that robot Flash costume was a design made by square enix I just posted that to post it. The second one is Flash from DC Universe Online in a alternate timeline where more then half of the superheroes died fighting off the villains. Batman made special suits for everyone to be ready for war. That is my favorite Flash suit of all time.
i used to play DCUO… only used the Speed Force armor :)

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Hey guys, IDK if this a noob question, but when you using my fight stick I'm noticing when I go down I have a tendency to go diagonal. I'm still landing the combos, but will this be a problem for me?

macro

Eezeepeezee
Is any flash players up for some games?
I need to test some things out in this matchup.
XBL: master macro

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I want to say thank you to Zyphox and Honey Bee for an outstanding performance at ECT. You guys put in lots of dedication and hard work that really shows. So with that being said, I have realized my true character. So on this day, I am proud to say, I am joining the Flash army.

DarksydeDash

Can someone explain how to cancel RMS? I mean I DO cancel it but it feels like the cancel is late and I could cancel it sooner. Also, @Zyphox and @HoneyBee what are the inputs for the standing reset involving RMS during the "jim chant combos?"

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Can someone explain how to cancel RMS? I mean I DO cancel it but it feels like the cancel is late and I could cancel it sooner. Also, @Zyphox and @HoneyBee what are the inputs for the standing reset involving RMS during the "jim chant combos?"
Not sure how to tell you how to do RMS cancels besides saying you gotta practice them. The standing reset I believe you're talking about doesn't involve RMS. It's D1D2 ~ LK MB ~ Trait ~ LKx4 ~ D2 ~ 32

DarksydeDash

Not sure how to tell you how to do RMS cancels besides saying you gotta practice them. The standing reset I believe you're talking about doesn't involve RMS. It's D1D2 ~ LK MB ~ Trait ~ LKx4 ~ D2 ~ 32
Yeah that's the one I'm currently using but I've seen one with RMS 2? I believe the ground pound placed flash behind the opponent as his elbow re-stands his opponent.

DarksydeDash

What is the trick to get his lightning charge to place him into the corner after his corner bnb? I can't seem to get it consistently. Also I'm having a problem where flash does speed dodge everytime I try to dash up for a d1,2. Anyone else having this problem?

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
What is the trick to get his lightning charge to place him into the corner after his corner bnb? I can't seem to get it consistently. Also I'm having a problem where flash does speed dodge everytime I try to dash up for a d1,2. Anyone else having this problem?
The torpedo into the corner is based on the height you do it at. You have to go under them so it has to be while they are still being juggled high. When you hit it you are starting the combo a few frames earlier. Everything with Flash bnbs can be judged by height. Keep an eye on their height in the air while you do it and see what happens each time. This gives you a sense of what will connect when. This is helpful for noticing you'll drop the end of the combo if you started too late or something so you can cut it off early.

The speed dodge thing is just execution. You are dashing up and pressing down then downback and 1. Downback will count as back so it out puts the move d,b+1. Make sure you are just pressing straight down, this will help with that.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
is someone ever gonna put together a massive guide for the flash? or the rest of the roster for that matter?

mfkaoz

Banned
I've always messed around with Flash but now I've decided to take him a bit more seriously so I have a few questions.
How do you know when you're gonna get a crossup f3 setup in the corner? Seems a bit random to me.
What are his frame traps?
All other general tips appreciated. I have all the basics down but I just want to really get the fundamentals of him down.
@HoneyBee
@SidTheHaze
@Zyphox
@whatever SNKE's tag is