What's new

General/Other - Hollywood Cassie's Iags hit every character crouch blocking

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So I read the post from @Kay___Jay in the instant air gunshots thread saying that if you do Iag's low enough you can hit crouch blocking Kotal Kahn which confused me because I hit them mid match against crouch blocking opponents quite often. I didn't know it was something special so I tested it out and it works against even the smallest hitboxes in the game.

Against:
Tanya
kitana
mileena
sonya
alien
cassie
dvorah (definitely the hardest one)
...and I forgot jacqui sorry :p

I still don't know if it's something special or not but I thought let's make a thread about it if someone doesn't know.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
wow it actually does

my god thats a nice iAG

you should check how safe you can get them, i havent gotten that low

best i could get is -11, see if you can get them safe against 10 or 9f reversals bro!

Blewdew

wow it actually does

my god thats a nice iAG

you should check how safe you can get them, i havent gotten that low

best i could get is -11, see if you can get them safe against 10 or 9f reversals bro!
Thanks man

-9 is definitely not possible, I tried it against subs slide and it punished the iags but only barely. Which reversals are 10 frames? I'll test it tomorrow it could be possible actually :)

God Confirm

Thanks man

-9 is definitely not possible, I tried it against subs slide and it punished the iags but only barely. Which reversals are 10 frames? I'll test it tomorrow it could be possible actually :)
im sorry i dont know :/ haha

remember it doesnt have to be armor, any special in the game that is 10f u can test against.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

God Confirm

awesome dude.

Hey you mind telling me who felt like they had the smallest crouching hurtbox? Was it Scorp?

Blewdew

awesome dude.

Hey you mind telling me who felt like they had the smallest crouching hurtbox? Was it Scorp?
It definitely was scorpion and dvorah. I don't know if scorpions hurtbox is actually as small as it looks but I definitely needed a few more tries than against kitana for example which I could hit instantly and quite consistently. Against dvorah I couldn't get the Second shot to hit yet. Mileena also took me like 10 iags until it worked

can i ask how you do instant airs projectiles? (mainly, up back forward type)
analog or manually on d-pad xbox/ps controller?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i think this is normal i can hit all with Mileenas - IAS's, Kitana's - IAF's, Liu Kangs IAFB's i think it just matters on the projectiles Hit-box vs opponents crouching Hurt-box.

all of them miss on D'vorah for sum reason must be floating hurbox or sumshit

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i do it with Joy stickj, when i used PS4 i used Horipad and changed d-pad sensitivity, and now im on Xbox One i use either Joy stick or easy input on stiff X1 d-pad. but i hate easy inputs on it fucks alot up in game so i just use Joystick. just a tip:)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Do you notice that instant air gun on block seems to be "slower" than instant air gun on hit? I mean the game looks like it's slowed down to create dramatic effect for blocking gun

Blewdew

I do them on the ps4 dpad the "normal" way so just ubf1 I find this to be the most consistent way.

@YoloRoll1stHit it definitely does but not on every character for some reason. For example against mileena or scorpion they feel quite normal but against alien they're slow as shit. But maybe it's on every character and i'm too tired to see it lol

shura30

Shura
but the question is why would anyone block low at full distance against hollywood

this was kinda known btw..I believe overshadowed by the constant 'how do I do iags' posts/threads

Blewdew

but the question is why would anyone block low at full distance against hollywood

this was kinda known btw..I believe overshadowed by the constant 'how do I do iags' posts/threads
that's why I highly doubt this will be nerfed since you always should neutral duck high projectiles

and yeah could be, I just saw someone mentioning only kotal and wanted to show that it's possible on every other character too :)

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Am I the only one that read "Cassie's LAGS hit every character crouch blocking" and was like wtf for a second?

Well, I was wrong) But this probably does not make IAGs any different a tool than if they'd only hit crouch blocking KK.
Looking back I was probably wrong to believe in IAGs as much as I did.
Looking even further back I might've been wrong to even play this game at all.