What's new

Cassie's Gameplan (Digital Soldier)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hi, it's me again, that girl that can't stop talking about Cassie. I wanted to update the old thread I made but it's triggering my OCD too much so I'm making a brand new one. Not for combos, but just general gameplan and tips for someone who might be looking into picking her up, or trying to learn how to defend against her, from someone who's played her since release.

Which doesn't say much about my skill, so don't go thinking I play her as clean as Semiij does, but I do alright and learned some thangs from other Cassie players and from playing her over 3K games. I would like to share these thangs with you all.

Neutral:

Her neutral is very good, she has some of the best tools and buttons to control spacing, check the opponent, force them to get in and bait a whiff punish.

You can safely check with gunshot except when up close of course (but my mentality is, if you're in their face they're not gonna expect so do it lmao. Risky but add a little spice and salt if it works.)

B24 is amazing for whiff punishing, just casually back up and let it rock. D4 is a great way to protect yourself from offence and push them away. It's quick and works wonders. F2 1+3 is safe and has pushback so you can go back to controlling the space, looking for an opening and crank out B24.

Offensive pressure:

Cassie can play as rushdown as you want her to play, ending combos in glow kick gives her oki, throw or mix (if you forward throw, do it again), and restand gives her a throw or F4 mix as well.

Immediately after you block a poke, F4. Just don't think about it, just do it. Then, use D4 to say GTFO of my hurtbox, follow up it with F2 1+3 to catch them mashing after that D4. And if they block F21+3 once? Do it again, until they mash and get KB'ed. That's the tech for real.

You can't make her strings safe anymore, but let's be real, most people don't know it's their turn after a blocked F41 or B24, so take advantage of that.

On bock, if you want real pressure, you can do F41 into gunshots, it has a lot of pushback and you can then condition and just cancel them too. Follow up with B24, confirm if it hits. Or 12 on block, (as it's 0), then you can follow up with F4.

You can stagger F4 of course, but also 12 into grab, S1 into grab.

Jump kicks are strong in this game, J4 grab or J4 f4 is viable pressure.

Don't know how to start a round? Jump back B24. Or if you like gambling like me, low gunshot. :rolleyes:

Want to make them hate their life even more and add another layer to your offence? D4 Lowgunshot. It's fake AF, but it will hit. And if it doesn't, because F4 has pushback, they may not be able to punish in time. Yes, it's a big gamble, but that's how I love to play this game. And it pays off into a 22% combo.

Don't be afraid to use instant air gunshots to keep them out, practice doing them low, so in a short hop, it's really useful and also useful if you read they're gonna jump at you. It's perfect since Cassie jumps away from them, so you can just pressure them some more with projectiles and frustrate them a bit.

Getting the KB off of B243 is a bit harder against good players, but you can either use it in neutral to close in the distance. They'll try to whiff punish by backing up but you let it rock and BAM BITCH. Still risky because any projectile or neutral duck will blow it up.

Another good way is if they have full defensive meter and you combo them, if they roll out just let B243 rock instead of ending at 4, if they do anything but block on wake up, BAM BITCH.

Corner pressure:

Really similar to her regular pressure, but there are a few big things that change that will make your opponent hate their life.

If F41 into gunshots hits, you're + a million, so launch them with 34 for a full combo. Even if they block 34 it's still your turn so you can do F2 to catch them mashing or just back up and B1, see what they do. Shimmy B1 is really good and it launches for a full combo, do it to bait out and punish a U2 or U3 attempt.

Throw loops? She has them. Don't be afraid to do it after a restand in the corner or after a F4 stagger.

In closing, Cassie is a really well-rounded character and can control a lot of the space on screen with a bit of conditioning and well-timed mixes.

If I missed anything ask and I'll do my best to answer - if you have other things you'd like to add, don't be shy.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Cassie's gameplan:
Zone constantly with 100% impunity to any counterzoning
Once opponent gets in, proceed to stagger 9f mid that puts Jax's to shame, and of course enjoy your free grabs because your 9f mid launches and you have an authoshimmy that launches.
Not much else really.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Boi, what if they don't block?

:cool:
I'm not joking when I say her staggers make Jax's look poverty. Her mid is as fast with more pushback and better frames, not only that but she can always threaten reads out of her staggers by cancelling into low gunshot into a full combo.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I'm not joking when I say her staggers make Jax's look poverty. Her mid is as fast with more pushback and better frames, not only that but she can always threaten reads out of her staggers by cancelling into low gunshot into a full combo.
Man, Jax's staggers are pretty freaking amazing and one is also a 9F mid. Not only that, good luck whiff punishing the man cause F2 travels from here to space. He's the single most annoying and frustrating character to fight in this damn game. Don't come bitching here about Cass when characters like Johnny have combo launching auto shimmies, 9F specials and a way to end strings safely with a special with no gap and a ton of push back.

All you have to worry about with Cass is the stagger into overhead or throw, or 111 shimmy and of course the guess on restand, but Jax players like mashing D12 so you should be fine. Her lows are slow as hell. You can't out zone her and y'all hate having to walk and block so you know, have patience or counter pick like everyone else.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Man, Jax's staggers are pretty freaking amazing and one is also a 9F mid. Not only that, good luck whiff punishing the man cause F2 travels from here to space. He's the single most annoying character to fight in this damn game. Don't come bitching here about Cass when characters like Johnny have combo launching auto shimmies, 9F specials and a way to end strings safely with a special with no gap and a ton of push back.

All you have to worry about with Cass is the stagger into overhead or throw, or 111 shimmy and of course the guess on restand, but Jax players like mashing D12 so you should be fine. Her lows are slow as hell. You can't out zone her and y'all hate having to walk and block so you know, have patience or counter pick like everyone else.
high risk LOW reward.
f2/f33 1+3 is -7 and has a FBable gap. At best you lose your turn for sure, you either get poked, jabbed or grabbed, if you're mashing d1 afterwards your opponent sucks, at worst you get full combo'd.
f2d4.. no explanation. Shit on hit, death on block. Also fuzzyable.
cmd grab is high risk low reward outside of the KB, and even that they nerfed. It's a stubby high grab that's over -40 on whiff. A regular grab is safer to throw out.
bf2 mb is also -7, you call it safe but try fighting a decent geras or scrub zero and you won't be calling it that. If you mash against anyone good all of your options will be beat, and you can't really fb because jabs will straight up jail you.
His + frames are whack, against anyone with a 6 framer they don't exist.
b2 is unsafe, shit on hit, stubby and slow.
All of his oh/low 50/50s are low risk and crap on reward. His basic strike/throw mixup isn't intimidating because his damage sucks.
If you play it safe you'll get nowhere, what do you do? Just f33s? You'll start getting poked to hell and back and being forced to eat better strike/throw mixups.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So, in other words, 'let me downplay to bitch about my main's bad MU to prove that that character he's bad against is BS'.

'Aight.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Calm down I don't think he needs nerfs, but he's really good. Neither does Cassie. So you can ask @STB Sgt Reed on how to deal with the MU, or again, counter pick cause it is a bad one.

@deathstroke187

Next patch is not faring well for us. Not one bit.
i was expecting more from Vslayer saying Jax staggers are amazing im assuming she talks about F33 aka kick kick and that his f2 travel far.... god damn

imagine saying that 20 frame gap is an amazing stagger. or f33 13f gap is amazing. or that his 12f mid is amazing that if the opponent jump and get hit you get shit and get punished for it.

Anyone who play cassie cant say anything about jax.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
F33 > opponent has to guess overhead, stagger, or will they D12 mash your poke attempt, or will they do another F33 (which is 9F).

F2 > opponent has to guess throw or overhead or another F2 into another 'guess again bitch' situation since it's so damn fast and the same animation as his throw. And it advances, hit confirm to get heat or use the KB if you're full heat.

I am not saying he needs to be changed, I'm saying if y'all bitching about Cassie you ain't gonna get compassion from me. I've been playing Jax mains since launch. Y'all just mad you can't mash on a Cass cause she has a 9F mid too.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
F33 > opponent has to guess overhead, stagger, or will they D12 mash your poke attempt, or will they do another F33 (which is 9F).

F2 > opponent has to guess throw or overhead or another F2 into another 'guess again bitch' situation since it's so damn fast and the same animation as his throw. And it advances, hit confirm to get heat.

I am not saying he needs to be changed, I'm saying if y'all bitching about Cassie you ain't gonna get compassion from me. I've been playing Jax mains since launch. Y'all just mad you can't mash on a Cass cause she has a 9F mid too.
I literally addressed all of that in my quoted post, but I'll quit hijacking.
All I'm left with is the fear of my beloved kick kick punch being nerfed.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Real talk I have more trouble against Jax than Cassie overall. Jax is pretty brainless. In fact I got annoyed one night labbed him for 5 minutes and legit streamrolled people just be using f33 stagger, throws and d12. F33 is a fast as hell mid that's a poke, safe, stagger, has KB attacked to it, spacing tool, oki tool and anti air all in one. Jax and Liu Kang both can essentially play themselves since their concept is similar. Let's not downplay how good Jax is.

sars

Noob
I know this isnt digital soldier but i have been messing around with sups OD for a couple months and i honestly just wish you couldnt get antiaired for doing BLB advance on hit. I dont think it should combo but i dont think i should get punished for landing the hit and than going into it. I think that change would make sups OD viable. Still not as good as the other veriations but viable. what do yall think.