What's new

Strategy - Cassie Cage Cassie in need of something hotfixed?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I feel like we don't need to be questioning the character's strength anymore. She's clearly effective as we have seen multiple players do pretty great with the character (Both Brawler and Hollywood respectively) she's definitely strong.

I feel like we don't need to be questioning the character's strength anymore. She's clearly effective as we have seen multiple players do pretty great with the character (Both Brawler and Hollywood respectively) she's definitely strong.
Sad day to be a Spec Ops player

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Spec Ops could either

A: Need some help
Or
B: Needs more development in this patch

A.

There's nothing that's changed positively for the character for B to be a choice. As they've nerfed Cassie system wide Spec Ops has gotten no positive changes and has been the most affected by the changes she's gotten IE B212D2+4 nerf. At this stage I'm considering dropping Spec Ops, it's just a ton of work for minimal gain and it's clear this is all she'll ever be.

shura30

Shura
A.

There's nothing that's changed positively for the character for B to be a choice. As they've nerfed Cassie system wide Spec Ops has gotten no positive changes and has been the most affected by the changes she's gotten IE B212D2+4 nerf. At this stage I'm considering dropping Spec Ops, it's just a ton of work for minimal gain and it's clear this is all she'll ever be.
specops only needs a 2 hit armored move aka better defense and something done about the missiles
i've suggested a missile cancel a few posts ago
I'd like properties like sektor's upmissile or tremor's uprock but I'd rather not lose the hitlevel
the f3 nerf hit spops pretty hard

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
specops only needs a 2 hit armored move aka better defense and something done about the missiles
i've suggested a missile cancel a few posts ago
I'd like properties like sektor's upmissile or tremor's uprock but I'd rather not lose the hitlevel
the f3 nerf hit spops pretty hard

Nearly every Cassie nerf has hit Spec Ops the hardest.

Ex Backflip armor removal

Pushback/less cancel advantage on B212D2+4

Slower overhead

Wigy

There it is...
They could rework the american way or whatever its called to have an ex version thats got more range, armour and can be cancelled into ex specials.

It would be safe on block (as its high) and maybe +12 and stagger them backwards.

It can combo for two bars, considering it would only lead to mid 20's thats more than fair?

As of now her armoured wakeup is death on block and gives nothing on hit.

How does hollywood do against sektor and kitana?

Her other variations seem to struggle heavily in those MU's so could do with some vague counterzoning help.

All the double armour hit cassie really hard, as did the stamina nerfs, not to mention her 50/50 is fuzziable now.

Shes very MU dependent and spec ops is only useful to get people who dont know the MU.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I have no real trouble with Kitanas, just duck her fans and be mindful when you jump. Keep the pressure up (ie: f34, diagonal d2 and I like doing the 21b4 mixup) until you can get a combo going (d3 cancel into flip and mixup with f3 cancel into flip; really useful in corners if they block her other launching strings). I have more trouble with assasin though.

Sektor is the hardest variation IMO, much harder than Cyrax and Smoke. Never fought a CSZ.

Sometimes my ex missle or regular missle hit my opponent on the same frame my opponent hit me with a move and thus does nothing. Does this happen to you guys? It's the worst bug