What's new

General/Other - Hollywood Cassie f*cking Cage

I'm having trouble with fighting against Cassie, her moves are extremely easy to execute, and hard to block, she has two 50/50 strings that is followed by a low or an overhead, even if you see it coming she can force you to block low and do a tech grab. I'm an Erron Black player, even though he has a vortex, everything has to be timed when starting the combo, it's not easy, even Sonic Fox was dropping them occasionally. There needs to be a lower block advantage once you block them because she just crouches and pokes me like crazy.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Before you smash your game/console because of cassie, I suggest playing against a good Kung Jin Bojitsu or a GrandMaster Subzero.
Then, you can smash your console and/or game and send us the video pls.

But yes, Cassie's mixup is based on her two hits, but if she doesn't do them after an ex nut punch or hit d3 they can both be backdashed and punished.

You also have armored dust as Erron Black that smashes her in the face for using them, and is also safe on block

And you also have the same mixup as Erron, wtf. Yours is even better as you also have a cancellable grab.

The low one is -16 or smth you can punish it full combo. The other one is -6 so you can poke first. I can't see how she outpokes you after you block those.

2 weeks after release, all the scrubs in the universe have discovered that they can take games by alternating between df1 and f4.
week 1 it was all scorpion now its cassie, get over it and learn to block!

Before you smash your game/console because of cassie, I suggest playing against a good Kung Jin Bojitsu or a GrandMaster Subzero.
Then, you can smash your console and/or game and send us the video pls.

But yes, Cassie's mixup is based on her two hits, but if she doesn't do them after an ex nut punch or hit d3 they can both be backdashed and punished.

You also have armored dust as Erron Black that smashes her in the face for using them, and is also safe on block

And you also have the same mixup as Erron, wtf. Yours is even better as you also have a cancellable grab.

The low one is -16 or smth you can punish it full combo. The other one is -6 so you can poke first. I can't see how she outpokes you after you block those.
Thank you so much man, I partially understood frame data but not completely. This helps a lot, I wondered why the Cassie's I played tend to go with the overhead more, because the low is easily punished. Can't wait till I see another Cassie. How do I lock a thread or close it?

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Unfortunately you just have to guess correctly if you eat an ex nutcracker.

Cassie can actually make her F3/DF1 mixup "safeish" if you use EX DB2 afterwards, it's extremely hard to punish on block. As far as I know, only Reptile has a consistent punish on it (from my list so far) and you still get a combo.

She also has F3,4 which is 0/+1 on block as an overhead option and it does 18%.

And yes, she is really strong.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm having trouble with fighting against Cassie, her moves are extremely easy to execute, and hard to block, she has two 50/50 strings that is followed by a low or an overhead, even if you see it coming she can force you to block low and do a tech grab. I'm an Erron Black player, even though he has a vortex, everything has to be timed when starting the combo, it's not easy, even Sonic Fox was dropping them occasionally. There needs to be a lower block advantage once you block them because she just crouches and pokes me like crazy.
Lol. You do realise that Erron Black's combo are infinitely easier to execute than Cassie's right? I implore you to even get her standard overhead BnB consistently;
f3~db2, RUN~212, b12~bd3(ex)

There's plenty else wrong with this statement but I'll leave it here.

Last edited: