What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage: The new Liu Kang?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I've been wondering who the inevitable protagonist was going to be in the game for a while now and, prior to the trailer release, I was leaning towards Kotal Kahn or Takeda because of the comic. However, after that badass new trailer I think it's Cassie and team Special Forces with Cassie leading the pack. What do you guys think?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I've been wondering who the inevitable protagonist was going to be in the game for a while now and, prior to the trailer release, I was leaning towards Kotal Kahn or Takeda because of the comic. However, after that badass new trailer I think it's Cassie and team Special Forces with Cassie leading the pack. What do you guys think?
Yes.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I got this feeling, too. And I am completely OK with it. Makes me want Liu Kang as the boss even more.
I do have to commend NR on the fact that the main guys are a girl, a black girl, and two Asian guys... And the bad guys are a crazy chick's and various colored odd races... Who would have thought MK breaking barriers n shit...
Agreed. Props, NRS. Who'da thunk these characters were made by the same guys who gave every female balloon tits last time?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
What I like is she seems to be the leader of the "new kids on the block" I thought of it as a TV show preview for some reason lmao .. Can Cassie And The Gang Hold Their Own Against The Big Dogs?!?! Find out on the next exciting episode of Drago- err.. Mortal kombat X!
Funny thing is you have no idea how right you really are...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Maybe as a stereotype gender trope reversal Takeda will get "damsel'd" and Cassie will have to come to his rescue? Either way, they're probably gonna bone tho.

trufenix

bye felicia
Trailer faith is dangerous. If MK9 and Injustice's story trailers are any indication, these trailers are just barely indicative of what is actually going to transpire. For all we know, Cassie's going to get killed by the end of this.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Trailer faith is dangerous. If MK9 and Injustice's story trailers are any indication, these trailers are just barely indicative of what is actually going to transpire. For all we know, Cassie's going to get killed by the end of this.
I dunno man what was so misleading about the MK9 / Injustice teaser?

Last edited: