What's new

Cassie Cage MU Discussion (MK11)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
No. MB glaive tracks.
Lab her lol
I'm sorry I put amped but it disappeared after I hit the space bar on my phone. Cassie's forward advancing string in gives up her turn, it's now jades turn. Again, your not providing much information outside of little snippets and saying lab her which I've been doing. If you're not going to provide any information outside of "lab her" which I clearly stated I've been doing, why bother to respond?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I had a pretty long set with a really good Noob, I won more games. The only problem against Noob as Cassie, is the same as every other character playing him, if he gets you he'll punish with 40% no bars and his FB tracks and is a low. As long as you control the space and punish his yolo teleport you'll win easy.
I've played some long sets with a some fantastic Noobs and they knew how to control space particularly well with him. Now I'm not saying it's a win or lose. It's too early for that. I will say though that Noob is definitely being underestimated by a lot of people though.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Erron definitely feels like her biggest hard counter, or at least his 52 Kard Pickup variation is. He can completely shut down her zoning with Scud Shot, he beats her up close in both variations, and can low profile her Kneecappin with Drop Shot.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
I think Jade is even. It is annoying online, but you can react to most of Jade’s tools. F2 punishes so much of her mid-screen stuff.

I assumed Cassie beat Skarlet because low shot beats all of Skarlet’s projectiles and you can ball buster under a few of her key strings. (B13 and 124)

I think Kabal is Cassie’s worst MU.

Jacqui is probably even, so is Kitana. I think Scorpion feels even too.

Kollector, Frost, Kotal, Johnny can definitely fight back too, so idk.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think Jade is even. It is annoying online, but you can react to most of Jade’s tools. F2 punishes so much of her mid-screen stuff.

I assumed Cassie beat Skarlet because low shot beats all of Skarlet’s projectiles and you can ball buster under a few of her key strings. (B13 and 124)

Played against Kitana last night, I won when I started blocking her strings. If you let her get away with all kinds of shit she'll combo you to death.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Maybe Cassie does win vs Kitana. I have beaten all the Kitana players I have played, but it doesn’t feel easy if they know the Cassie MU.

There are certain characters I feel like I don’t have to really try against and Kitana wasn’t one of them. I could be wrong though.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Maybe Cassie does win vs Kitana. I have beaten all the Kitana players I have played, but it doesn’t feel easy if they know the Cassie MU.

There are certain characters I feel like I don’t have to really try against and Kitana wasn’t one of them. I could be wrong though.
Like I want to agree with everything you're saying but I feel like it's exactly as you say. Not everybody really knows these matchups like the back of their hands. That's why I'm hesitate to say anything

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Any matchup cassie has zoning advantage i feel she is very strong - she's extremely strong defensively and in the footsie game. Any matchup she's forced out of this playstyle it is more challenging for her imo.
I 100% agree with this. Her offensive tools are, more or less, only useful as whiff punishers.

Skarlet can trade with tentacle and if she gets momentum she has more threatening zoning

GLB Phantom Fiction

Skarlet can trade with tentacle and if she gets momentum she has more threatening zoning
Low shot has enough time to block blood ball and you can easily to the timing for it to go under straight shot or tentacle. If Cassie plays reactionary, Skarlet shouldn’t be able to get anything going.

I disagree that Skarlet has more threatening zoning. Her projectiles are too slow and Cassie’s knocks down meaning Cassie gets a free shot every trade. Once they respect low shot, Cassie’s straight shot does more damage than her projectiles and Air guns can lock her down.

Low shot has enough time to block blood ball and you can easily to the timing for it to go under straight shot or tentacle. If Cassie plays reactionary, Skarlet shouldn’t be able to get anything going.

I disagree that Skarlet has more threatening zoning. Her projectiles are too slow and Cassie’s knocks down meaning Cassie gets a free shot every trade. Once they respect low shot, Cassie’s straight shot does more damage than her projectiles and Air guns can lock her down.
Your telling me she can duck under tentacles??

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I dunno about that one lol Skarlet is a pain in the ass for me. It might just be that I'm terrible against Skarlets. It feels like she's better at zoning mid/long and trying to approach Skarlet is never easy or fun for anyone.
Hit the lab and practice to fb or jab punish her gaps, makes the mu way easier. Also cassie is one of the few that can zone skarlet just as good as skarlet can Zone her.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Hit the lab and practice to fb or jab punish her gaps, makes the mu way easier. Also cassie is one of the few that can zone skarlet just as good as skarlet can Zone her.
Yeah I have since tested their zoning against eachother in the lab and came to the same conclusion as GLB. I was incorrect about the MU it's in Cassie's favor assuming both characters are played at equivalent skill level.