What's new

Cassie Cage Move List (Pre-Beta)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
YO, listen to this, tagging @Circus 'cause you may like this.

I think, one of Cassie's best gameplan would be to equip bitchin' bubble for DoT damage, low gunshot and shoulder charge (granted they all can be equipped together).

You make them respect your F4, they'll fear pressing buttons because it will lead to a big combo punish so you keep them in the bubble and if they try to get out? You have her throws and enhanced low gunshot which will either throw them right back in or give you time to get in their face and throw them back in there. They try to get in on you? Back up, punish the whiff with F4. Rinse and repeat and collect the salt.

I mean, if that isn't hyped AF, I don't know what is.
Holy shit I totally forgot about the amplified low shots switching sides like this lol.

Yea, because she has actual reliable pressure unlike most of the characters we've seen, the DoT being in her kit might actually be pretty devastating.

It sounds exciting now but when a Cassie is doing this to my Kano I might not think it's as cute lmfao

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I already planned on using bitchin' bubble as a sort of ice clone replacer (don't judge me lol). Obviously it won't stop them from coming in, but it'll get them moving. The idea being they start trying to not be in the bubble leading to punishes.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Holy shit I totally forgot about the amplified low shots switching sides like this lol.

Yea because she has actual reliable pressure unlike most of the characters we've seen, the DoT being in her kit might actually be pretty devastating.

It sounds exciting now but when a Cassie is doing this to my Kano I might not think it's as cute lmfao
If that Cassie happens to be me just know that everything I'll do to your Kano, it'll be with love <3

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I already planned on using bitchin' bubble as a sort of ice clone replacer (don't judge me lol). Obviously it won't stop them from coming in, but it'll get them moving. The idea being they start trying to not be in the bubble leading to punishes.
Good point, you could use it for a keep away gameplan, make 'em fear the bubble and control the space for big punishes.

She really is a jack of all trades.

Can she be the jack of my trade?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Hm, both have 2 moves missing this is probably something they'll patch? Maybe they are still balancing some stuff? Either way, I hope one of those will have shoulder charge.

The other moves are non-variation only? If so, that's a bit disappointing and makes the drone addition a bit superfluous -- it's only going to be for throws and control/cancels (we don't even know if the variations will have the 2-slot move equipped). We could have probably gotten baton-based moves and kept that portion of her character from MKX instead of inviting the comparisons to Drone-ya. Her design in general is pretty nice, remains to be seen what kind of popups Cassie gets outside the B13 string and what enders she will have if either variation doesn't get the shoulder charge.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
The other moves are non-variation only? If so, that's a bit disappointing and makes the drone addition a bit superfluous -- it's only going to be for throws and control/cancels (we don't even know if the variations will have the 2-slot move equipped). We could have probably gotten baton-based moves and kept that portion of her character from MKX instead of inviting the comparisons to Drone-ya. Her design in general is pretty nice, remains to be seen what kind of popups Cassie gets outside the B13 string and what enders she will have if either variation doesn't get the shoulder charge.
Yeah but it’s bound to change and doesn’t seem like any of these are actually finished.