What's new

Cassie Cage isn't Sexy Enough for games 'journalist' OAG

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I dont have a problem with fanservice. I will admit that I quite enjoy DOA and Soul Calibur and those games are a little on the heavier side of it. I'm not gonna foam at the mouth if a woman is dressed appropriate for her character though.

The thing is: Time and place. I dont think MK11 needs to appeal to that scene at all. It was near impossible to take a single female design seriously in 9. Even the story mode camera angles were gratuitous.

I dont want MK11 to be a TnA jiggle game. OAG can go play DOA, Senran, Skullgirls or go do literally anything else than feign indignation that NRS isnt getting him off.

Rant done.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Aaaaand we're giving that "game journalist" exactly the attention he wants.

I could explain why people like that are the reason we need people like me, but nevermind.
2 wrongs dont mak... wait a minute. is thatreally you as your avatar?

hmm i think im on your side. you can count on me lul

Reactions: Lun

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
“Game Journalists” only care about getting clicks, that is all.
He's not gonna get that here, as I said I archived the link which doesn't direct traffic to his article.

I dont have a problem with fanservice. I will admit that I quite enjoy DOA and Soul Calibur and those games are a little on the heavier side of it. I'm not gonna foam at the mouth if a woman is dressed appropriate for her character though.

The thing is: Time and place. I dont think MK11 needs to appeal to that scene at all. It was near impossible to take a single female design seriously in 9. Even the story mode camera angles were gratuitous.

I dont want MK11 to be a TnA jiggle game. OAG can go play DOA, Senran, Skullgirls or go do literally anything else than feign indignation that NRS isnt getting him off.

Rant done.
:u:u:u:u:u

Burn2019

Noob
He did it. The a-hole actually did it. He dissed my girl. He freaking said that Cassie Cage, the queen of sass and bubble gum, was not sexy enough.

I'm going to link the stink ass article but as an archived link: http://web.archive.org/web/20190314163231/https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/03/mortal-kombat-11s-cassie-cage-is-all-covered-up-to-appeal-to-sex-negative-game-journalists/78973/

This is a rant, and I will absolutely rant the whole way through, so if you need a good laugh stick with me friends.

HE DISSED MY GIRL

Anyways, the article is titled:

He then starts ranting about all his sexual fetishes. TMI dude.

Yeah, some people don't like women who look hot (you know who I'm talkin' about), but to say that's the majority or that it's ONLY the left is ignorant. Beauty is somewhat subjective, but every human being is attracted to symmetrical facial features (I remember learning about this study in UNI where babies were more receptive to women who had symmetrical faces).

Cassie looks androgynous now? This idiot is either blind, high on shrooms or just major trolling for clicks 'cause he's a washed up scrub 'journalist'. Also, if you like Cassie, buckle up Sally, 'cause you a lefty now. Better buy some 'BAN ALL GUNS' bumper stickers right now, son.

He then bashes people for saying Cassie's gorgeous, which she is, and apparently badass is a trigger word for him.

ALERT THE POLICE, Cassie Cage, a Commander in MK's version of the Navy Seals doesn't wear revealing outfits to work. This has nothing to do with toning down female sexualization, this is about who the character is and what her role is in the story.

To be fair, he does address this further into the article,

Even if his brain was switched on for that paragraph, his point is still moot.

And then he straight up lies and says that these are two alt costumes:

Bruh, that's Kano's MAIN costume. Ignorant twat.

He then makes himself seem even less likable, which would sound impossible, but it's not:

Not sure about that, but I am sure about what your soy-filled ass would say.

We haven't seen all their other costumes OR other female characters that have yet to be revealed. And typically, we can unlock some through the story mode and through completing the arcade ladder with all the characters. So he's making this argument, that's already moot, based off of the pre-beta build.

He goes on about how Sonya's workout outfit isn't revealing enough, that Baraka has a *GASP* loincloth and you know the females don't have such revealing and sexy outfits.

Bottom line is, if a company does not come out a state their political affiliations or that they're doing this on purpose, then it's probably not the case. People who advocate for this stuff are always extremely vocal and I think NRS isn't a studio that will bow down to any ideology. The dudes look hot, the chicks look hot, if costumes are what he's worried about then that tells me he's not serious about fighting games, thus we shouldn't take him seriously.

I just needed to rant.

TL;DR:

HE DISSED MY GIRL
“HE DISSED MY GIRL”

“Ignorant twat”

... you could do with growing up.

This is a puerile embarrassment of a post, whether you like / dislike / are indifferent with One Angry Gamer.

Burn2019

Noob
You could do with some lightening up and possibly a laugh or two. ;)
Lightening up...?

Funny that that’s what you come back with after literally spitting your dummy over the Internet. All because someone has a different opinion to you on a fictional character and a business’ practice.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Lightening up...?

Funny that that’s what you come back with after literally spitting your dummy over the Internet. All because someone has a different opinion to you on a fictional character and a business’ practice.
You do know I was JOKING and disproving his points in an extreme manner just to show how extreme he was in his thinking and arguments, right? You do know what humour is?

Burn2019

Noob
You do know I was JOKING and disproving his points in an extreme manner just to show how extreme he was in his thinking and arguments, right? You do know what humour is?
Horseshit. The sheer amount of spite and vitriol throughout your post says otherwise.