What's new

General/Other - Hollywood Cassie Cage Instant Air Guns Hits Crouch Block ...Sometimes

Only other character that can do this Kitana (man they have it easy). Although I haven't put in nearly as much time in the lab with Liu Kang and Mileena (I think that's everyone) so don't quote me on this.

Here I don't doubt I only did instant air guns 1/5 times.

Here though, after recording air guns hitting crouch block to test reversals, when playing it back sometimes they would hit and sometimes they wouldn't. Couldn't find a rhyme or reason as to why. Don't know if it is a training mode recording bug or some weird hit/hurt box issue.

This probably just a me thing, but I've never done a raw instant air (unlike with Kitana) guns. Only after a jump. So any tips for pad or stick would be appreciated.

Edit: I will try explaining this again. Sorry for any confusion. The second video shows the same recorded IA Guns whiffing on crouch block and hitting crouch block. The same inputs yielding two different results maybe due to when/where I crouched block. Maybe because Sub Zero is moving around while crouch blocking. All I want to know (preferably) if this a training mode recording bug so I can get back to practicing IA guns without fearing I might whiff them while still doing them as low to the ground as possible. I hope this is not a hit/hurtbox issue because then It would be a lot harder for me to practice this as I will have no way to visually confirm If I did it correctly.

Last edited:

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Well crouch block increases your hit box, if you want to avoid it fully you need to just crouch and those projectiles will miss.

Well crouch block increases your hit box, if you want to avoid it fully you need to just crouch and those projectiles will miss.
Oh yeah, I know that. I just set the dummy to crouch block to practice my Instant air guns to make sure I am getting them low. But what I am trying to show in the second video is that when I crouched blocked EDIT THE SAME RECORDED IA GUNS sometimes they would hit and sometimes they would whiff.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
when will paulo stop with all these useless patches and fix what the people really want.

a different input for instant air guns and not -9 projectile hit advantage

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
notice how everytime she hits it she says yes, meaning only the first frame must hit and the cheeky developers threw in a little reward for gettin it

notice how everytime she hits it she says yes, meaning only the first frame must hit and the cheeky developers threw in a little reward for gettin it
You mean the first frame the bullets spawn? In the second video when Sub crouch blocked from fullscreen, she said yes and woohoo. I'm pretty sure she says one of those every time air guns hit or are blocked.

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
You mean the first frame the bullets spawn? In the second video when Sub crouch blocked from fullscreen, she said yes and woohoo. I'm pretty sure she says one of those every time air guns hit or are blocked.
yeah that's what i mean , that they give you a sound cue every-time you hit it on the correct frame (1st) :) just thought id point it out !

yeah that's what i mean , that they give you a sound cue every-time you hit it on the correct frame (1st) :) just thought id point it out !
I'm starting to think she says something when both bullets make contact on hit or block. After watching this video I noticed she didn't say anything after only 1 bullet hit.