What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Initial Thoughts

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Deathstroke/Sonya is looking pretty good by my standards. Definitely who I'm most interested in so far out of the footage.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I cry knowing that this might confirm that my main player, Johnny Cage won't be in the game :'(
From rumors it sounds like they may do a generational based story progressing decades. If thats the case you may see him yet. Its a pretty neat way for folks to actually get the best of both worlds. You get the old and then you progress to the new without suddenly being forced to give the old crew up entirely for the sake of a new game mainly set in the future from the last game.

If this story rumor is true...we could see a LOT of returning faces. Especially if they just plain decide to add a "flashback" section to the story covering events from the past prior to even deaths in MK9 just to develop some subtext for plot points in the new game.

Think about that...we could even see them flash back during the story to have us play historical cast from ancient MK Lore. Neat way to let folks play as cast thats dead without having to permanently cut anyone from the roster of MK ever again after they die.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
I get the feeling we'll see Cage dying in story mode shortly after Cassie's birth and have Sonya be an alt for Cassie

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Cassie is looking pretty blah right now compared to the other eight characters. They're still working on her animations and moves so hopefully this is made better.

I need Cassie to be good and interesting. Let's go NRS.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
cassie looks like an alright character, but she has guns and tracking projectiles. are you sure sonya didn't have a child with johnny then cheat with like sektor, and stryker?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I've seen some more videos of Cassie and I saw that backwards cartwheel she does that launches and comboes into run strings.

I'm really hoping that's punishable on block or at least whiff, with run. Otherwise what's to stop her from cartwheeling all day and shooting guns :-S

kantboy2

Pale Rider
Going by the response to this character, I know who's getting the first "All Fatalities on..." video for MKX. :DOGE

She looks like Sonya had a child with Deathstroke instead of Cage. ;)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I cry knowing that this might confirm that my main player, Johnny Cage won't be in the game :'(

I think Johnny has a better chance than Sonya. Cassie was CLEARLY raised by Johnny, is a complete sociopath/snarky person, and "Johnny Cage's Special Forces" is just another piece. Plus her moveset has a lot more Johnny in it than Sonya which makes me think he personally trained her. Now, the reverse is also possible in that Johnny is dead and her whole schtick is an homage to her fallen father but I doubt it.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I'm not feeling her design. Her neck looks too long in gameplay, her animations (jumps, air-moves, stance) look awkward and stiff. It'd be kool if she has a move where she puts on shades. While I realize her initial stance (pre-fight) is akin to Sonya's, it just looks odd on Cassie. Another thing is her name. Johnny Cage = JC. Sonya Blade = SB. Neither character has the same letter for first and last names.
She doesn't have that sexy look that Sonya always had. Her hips need to be a tad wider imo.