What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
They actually nerfed the pushback from her drone kick. So far I haven't found any real legit situations besides the ones that costs meter. It's from nutpunch, but all I was able to convert from it was B13 > F2 into upglow kick. I'm trying to see if I can get B3 to connect off something too, but I haven't found anything yet.

This variation seems like it's going to be "fun" but I honestly haven't found a reason to play it yet over the other 2. I really don't like this patch tbh. Unless you're Kitana, Sub-Zero (to some degree), Kotal, or someone who needed something big to happen in their play, it didn't really add much of anything. Liu Kang's problems got fixed & they nerfed his F4 so I'm happy with that.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
If she has any way to opt for some kind of knockdown into the green ball shots, then it can be used for mix,. but that's the thing. Seems like a lot of the situations may or may not need meter. Definitely don't expect to do any damage from it. Even the Yaas Queen variation does more than this one. It's just the 2nd day though. So I can't claim anything yet.

sars

Noob
Energy shot stops all wakeup a after ex nut punch. If they try to jump it get a free antiair, if they try to hop attack it you get a wiff punish. If they forward roll you get a free punish. Once they start back rolling or waking back work do the normal version instead of the close. You can also do ex nutpunch close glow bouncing ball and if they block it you get a free F4, they have to block it or get hit. Scorpion can teleport it on wakeup but if you read it just duck it. I do have to see how it works in a match though. In the corner it doesn’t seem to have any good setups. So far I would say it’s the worst veriation but it might be the most fun, it’s execution heavy though. It gives you a reason to hit the ex nutpunch KB Atleast lol

sars

Noob
Been using the 3rd veriations of Cassie in KL. 0-3 right now. Won a game in each set. I also keep trying to confirm in yaas queens bubble instead of nutpunch cause I’m so used to it. Fun veriation, gonna stick with it for a little while. I really wish flying kick didn’t leave them full screen. That’s not where I want to be lol

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
It's trash and useless. NRS hates Cassie.
Join the club, honeyboo. A third variation that sticks the landing is honestly the exception at this point, not the norm.

Johnny and Kitana are the only two I am 100% sure went well. Most everyone else's varies from "meh, why bother" to "jesus h christ why the fuck?"

sars

Noob
Well I won my next 2 so I’m making progress. On a good note I hit the ex nutpunch crushing blow in every match. Need to stop breaking away sometimes. Ruins my mojo lol

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
This 3rd variation feels fun to mess around with, but I don’t see it doing very well at all in some matches compared to her other two. Nice to have variety either way.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Join the club, honeyboo. A third variation that sticks the landing is honestly the exception at this point, not the norm.

Johnny and Kitana are the only two I am 100% sure went well. Most everyone else's varies from "meh, why bother" to "jesus h christ why the fuck?"
Yeah for sure. I do like Kano's Ratbag tho, it's pretty fun! But yeah I'm having a ton of fun with Johnny's Outtake.

sars

Noob
Sups OD might be the worst variation but I do think it is fun. Really need to hit the lab with it, but with me deploying in 14 days I figured I would bring it online. Anyone else even trying it out online or did everyone give up on it.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Finally found the most optimal way to play Cassie cage third variation. Lol

That D2 whiff though lmao Cassie's D2 is straight shit. I haven't had a chance to play her third variation yet but I really appreciate your uploads. Definitely helping me understand it better for when I hit the lab with it tomorrow

sars

Noob
That D2 whiff though lmao Cassie's D2 is straight shit. I haven't had a chance to play her third variation yet but I really appreciate your uploads. Definitely helping me understand it better for when I hit the lab with it tomorrow
Yeah lol. It’s pretty trash. I’m losing more than I ever have. It is fun when everything goes right and people don’t know what to do. I’m going to stick with it, found some nice antiair tech but your probably just better going for a combo. Might have some uses. Video of it below

cassie is one of the most perfect examples of a third variation being just a worse version of a previous variation. what does variation 3 do better than 1 or 2?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
cassie is one of the most perfect examples of a third variation being just a worse version of a previous variation. what does variation 3 do better than 1 or 2?
Nothing. It's supposed to be a zoning variation, but she doesn't have low gunshot and energy bounce has 1million startup frames. You can zone better with DS.