What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Sonicfox said Nightwolf is the new and better "Yaas Queen".
@sars

:D

Funny as the toolset looks the same just better.
111 : autoshimmy -6 on block (2nd hit confirmable)
BF4: Rino charge even looks the same lol.
D3: MKX Cassie Cage's D3 hit animation!

Good mids, staggers and anti-zoning.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Oh well, there won't be anymore annoying a-holes coming in here crying about nerfs lul.

Oh and I sort of figured out the timing for instant air gunshots, after like a million months. You do a short hop and just as she's coming down from it, like literally wait half a second and then do it. The second shot should hit the opponent. If you wait a bit more both hit but it's hard to get consistently.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Oh well, there won't be anymore annoying a-holes coming in here crying about nerfs lul.

Oh and I sort of figured out the timing for instant air gunshots, after like a million months. You do a short hop and just as she's coming down from it, like literally wait half a second and then do it. The second shot should hit the opponent. If you wait a bit more both hit but it's hard to get consistently.
What else is even there to nerf? Her two biggest issues that people had were taken care of.

I try Nightwolf.

I would not say she is Yaas Queen lol but I could just punish Jade's stuff with his Rino Charge like I could with Yaas Queen.
So that's looks like her haha.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Trying to lab the Jax matchup right now. Just feels like I've got no real answer against Jax's Stiff Armed. Even trying F4 on reaction doesn't seem to do it, and just ends with me getting hit with the Krushing Blow.

My only real reaction that seems to be working for me, aside from blocking and eating the AMPed version, is a short hop which causes the AMPed version to whiff, but the timing window on it is really tight.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
My natural style is to use f4 a lot and almost never 111. When I use 111, I get poked or d2 and f4 is only 2 frames slower but hits mid into full combo.

Sonic fox used 111 all the freaking time and didn't appear to get d2 KB like I do. Should I only use 111 after restand or after a forward throw?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
My natural style is to use f4 a lot and almost never 111. When I use 111, I get poked or d2 and f4 is only 2 frames slower but hits mid into full combo.

Sonic fox used 111 all the freaking time and didn't appear to get d2 KB like I do. Should I only use 111 after restand or after a forward throw?
Use it to punish! It's 7 frames startup, so any slow minus string that the opponent use on block, you can punish them with 111, if it's slow enough of course.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

Just a quick little secret tip for instant air projectiles I use: use your analog stick. Hold it diagonal to perform a backjump,wait until she‘s in the air and from there, hold it and turn it until you get the back input and flick it for the forward input. With this I can literally do almost 10/10 ia guns low enough to hit standing opponents. Works with every air projectile character as well like kabal. It takes some time to get comfortable to go from dpad to analog stick mid match for one projectile but it‘s worth the practice

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Just a quick little secret tip for instant air projectiles I use: use your analog stick. Hold it diagonal to perform a backjump,wait until she‘s in the air and from there, hold it and turn it until you get the back input and flick it for the forward input. With this I can literally do almost 10/10 ia guns low enough to hit standing opponents. Works with every air projectile character as well like kabal. It takes some time to get comfortable to go from dpad to analog stick mid match for one projectile but it‘s worth the practice
cool I'll try that!

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah, her U3 sucks ass. But you can neutral jump most people's U3s. Being able to short hop hers is...something xD

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I don't really see how it's ass though. It's -4 on block & gives a decent amount of hit advantage. Helps steal turns away too if you read with a flawless block. It's not the worst in the game by any means. Skarlet and Jade are 2 that cross my mind who don't even have a true reversal period. The can be hit out of theirs even the ones that reads off as "invincible".

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yep! Like when I see someone starts punishing or baiting, then I'll just roll behind them or roll backward. If they wanna pressure me in the corner then it's pretty good.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I've been finding myself using 21 and 21D2 more often too. 21 is really good on block as a stagger at -1. Should they block low, the last hit is an overhead.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I've been finding myself using 21 and 21D3 more often too. 21 is really good on block as a stagger at -1. Should they block low, the last hit is an overhead.
Oh shit, I never think to use that string.