What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

gitblame

Noob
My 24 hours Cassie hot opinions (variation with kneecapin').

She seems really good. I can't really how good is she compared to others, because I mainly lab things and played like couple games online, but like a first impression of her is really good. She has really good buttons, really good strings and just from the tools she has available you can tell she should end up being good character.

B243 string is hella good. 11 f good range mid. B24 is safe and easily hit confirmable. B243 creates funny little mind game. It's high so people can duck it and wait for it to punsh you. But you can cut string with B24 and stagger their asses. If they read wrong and press the buttons after blocking B24 and you go for B243 - bam. Krushing blow.
F4 - 9f mid. Tell me where to sign. The range of course is not that good as B2, but having this button in close range is a bless. Have fun mashing on Cassie when she's in advantage. F41 is also easily hit confirmable and safe on block. F4 seems to me like a good stagger option. by it self. And because F412 creartes also very similar midgame as B243 (you don't have krushing blow this time) you can probably make F41 work as a stagger too.
F2 - is high and 1 frame faster than B2. It has similar range and leads to krushing blow on hit with F2 1+3. Probably best option if you want nice meterless punish.
s3 and 34 seems to have really good utility on paper. I haven't really labbed the best corner combos yet, but in corner 34 seems to be the best punish. 3 is 8f high and +3 on block. 34 is 0 on block. 34 is hit confimable. Mid screen you can connect it to ex BF1 for solid 24%. 34 also does not have a gap, I believe. Like how is that not good?
B13 - it's probably your the best whiff punisher if you want to go for meterless damage. It's on slower side but range is really good. I don't think it's gonna be good to throw in neutral. Very risky because there is no real reason to block high against Cassie. B1 and B13 are both -11. B13 krushing blow is really tempting, ngl.
F343 - this string might be good, but I don't know yet. It starts with slow low but it's hit confrmable and ends with a plus frames (of course there is a huge gap at the end).

One problem I have with Cassie so far is that her combos are super incosistent on female characters. For now I decided to get different enders for my combos when I fight vs females. They have like 0,5% less damage so it's not a big deal, but pretty annoying.
Like in her most often used bnb. I use for male characters
B24 -> DB1 Ex -> J3 -> S4 -> nut punch (279,13)
But for females s4 after J3 seem to be super tight link. So I use.
B24 -> DB1 Ex -> J3 -> F41 -> nut punch (272,37)

Also it's good to follow Gross on twitter. He put some juicy anti airs and D2 krushing blow combos.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Best tower custom variation: shoulder charge, low gunshot and whichever else you prefer. Shoulder charge helps get you more damage on female characters that some combos don’t work on.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Best tower custom variation: shoulder charge, low gunshot and whichever else you prefer. Shoulder charge helps get you more damage on female characters that some combos don’t work on.
I also use the bottom bubble I forget what its called it stays there and damages the opponent

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I find it weird that Ball Buster is +4 instead of +2 when used on aerial opponents/in a juggle. They specifically patched that out of mkx didn't they? +4 seems like quite a bit too.

So what is your prefered tournament variation so far ? I like Cassie and Yaas Queen seems the most interesting to me but I'd like to hear what you think about them.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
During last night's NLBC tournament, Spooky mentioned that Cassie was more of a zoner now. Would you say that's accurate? I haven't had a chance to play her yet.
Yes and no. Her zoning is good in the Digital Soldier variation, but the recovery is bad on her projectiles compared to other zoning characters, so I don’t think that is what they intended. She is more of mid screen character that can zone if you get the lead.

Her zoning is better than MKX, without a doubt, but I don’t think she fits the archetype.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Yes and no. Her zoning is good in the Digital Soldier variation, but the recovery is bad on her projectiles compared to other zoning characters, so I don’t think that is what they intended. She is more of mid screen character that can zone if you get the lead.

Her zoning is better than MKX, without a doubt, but I don’t think she fits the archetype.
It's funny how gun characters aren't always zoners

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
During last night's NLBC tournament, Spooky mentioned that Cassie was more of a zoner now. Would you say that's accurate? I haven't had a chance to play her yet.
I wouldn't call her a zoner at all, that's false. She has 2 good zoning tools, but to me they're more for counter-zoning and advancing on the opponent and get those big mid screen combos out. Digital soldier is the only tournament variation people should focus on, the other is kinda meh. She is a pressure character through and through.

So what is your prefered tournament variation so far ? I like Cassie and Yaas Queen seems the most interesting to me but I'd like to hear what you think about them.
Digital Soldier, it's kinda dumb some combos only work on males I hope they fix that, but you can tweak them easily still.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
so after playing some longer matches with very good people this is my impression of her digital soldier variation:

1. her zoning is excellent. her low shot ducks high hitting projectiles, making gain momentum pretty easy. it also recovers pretty fast. her iag's can be done low enough to hit standing opponents which is great but they recover slower than in mkx, they're pretty good though.
  2. b243 is crazy good I love that string
  3. f21+3 KB is very easy to hit, does 27% and sends the opponent fullscreen. f2 is also really good to whiff punish with if your opponent is out of b2 reach
  4. 34 is extremely viable in the corner. it's 0 on block and has enough pushback to hit f4 at it's peak, you can also throw out b2 or d4 pretty safely or go for a jip or jik. you can also special cancel it so it's pretty easy to condition them to respect all of your options.
  5. b2 gun cancel and b1 gun cancel are pretty good in the corner at peak range, you can hitconfirm pretty easily and on hit after guns you have enough advantage for 34 or f4 as a followup. I usually go for shorthop 3 after that to condition them to block high most of the time though.
  6. it feels like characters that can completely negate her zoning are hard for her to deal with, at least for me. scorpion and jade made me some trouble.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
so after playing some longer matches with very good people this is my impression of her digital soldier variation:

1. her zoning is excellent. her low shot ducks high hitting projectiles, making gain momentum pretty easy. it also recovers pretty fast. her iag's can be done low enough to hit standing opponents which is great but they recover slower than in mkx, they're pretty good though.
  2. b243 is crazy good I love that string
  3. f21+3 KB is very easy to hit, does 27% and sends the opponent fullscreen. f2 is also really good to whiff punish with if your opponent is out of b2 reach
  4. 34 is extremely viable in the corner. it's 0 on block and has enough pushback to hit f4 at it's peak, you can also throw out b2 or d4 pretty safely or go for a jip or jik. you can also special cancel it so it's pretty easy to condition them to respect all of your options.
  5. b2 gun cancel and b1 gun cancel are pretty good in the corner at peak range, you can hitconfirm pretty easily and on hit after guns you have enough advantage for 34 or f4 as a followup. I usually go for shorthop 3 after that to condition them to block high most of the time though.
  6. it feels like characters that can completely negate her zoning are hard for her to deal with, at least for me. scorpion and jade made me some trouble.
I think Jade is the hardest matchup for her, so far, that I've experienced.