What's new

Captain Cold Trailer Released Today!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
A trailer this 'cool' deserves its own thread -- and probably a bit of a news post as well. So here it is:

Some slick animations, creative ice-based zoning, and even a nod to vintage Mortal Kombat 2 Sub-Zero.. NetherRealm Studios let loose today with a trailer for their newest reveal, Captain Cold. Featuring his super and a number of his strings and specials (including a slick-looking airborne ice platform), it also gives us a tiny glimpse at Black Adam, Green Arrow, and Bane.

With Killer Frost players possibly having been left in the cold this time around, hopefully the introduction of another formidable frozen fighter will help to warm their hearts.

And with under a month and a half until every battle defines us, Captain Cold is helping to round out the cast as we near the presumed end of the roster reveals.

Black Adam trailer soon? We'll find out. Stay tuned.

Attachments

Gamer68

Fujin!
Did anyone else notice the end of the video?

Captain Cold defeats Green Arrow, and Green Arrow stays on the ground. Did they finally remove the dumb "get back up because I must kneel in defeat!" animation?
Looks like it was a round win, not a match win. When you win a round, the opponent stays on the ground for a few seconds and your character does a taunt -- like how CC says "Try not to catch a cold."

It's just fancy video editing. I wish they fixed it, but it doesn't look like it's actually happened yet.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I am pretty sure that this fella, back in 1991 saw Sub-Zero and said to him self "One day I will be like him!"
And then one day he found a Ice gun on Silnkroad and spent all his Mothers and Fathers savings and won the action!

On the other hand, he reminded me of Cobra LOL - Ken Masters mustive had hella of time with Ryu rolling on the floor back in the day!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so this guy is pretty normal cept for his ice gun eh.....musta spent his entire life savings, took out a loan, and made a contract with satan for that gun to be enough to deal with the plethora of super powered goons in this universe :p.

Looks like it was a round win, not a match win. When you win a round, the opponent stays on the ground for a few seconds and your character does a taunt -- like how CC says "Try not to catch a cold."

It's just fancy video editing. I wish they fixed it, but it doesn't look like it's actually happened yet.
Thats pretty sad if thats what it really was.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This guy has everything that Sub Zero ought to have in his variations. He wins. He will be my next main along with Sub Zero koming there.

Loool that sucks.

It means not only is it probably not removed, but they're 100% aware of how dumb it looks that their actively editing around it.