What's new

Captain Cold Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantingSoup

I´m a little worried because I don´t see any wakeup with a keep away propierty like other similar chars has: Firestorm has the nuclearblast, Darkseid ans Deadshot the knee, Fate has this keep away symbol, all are wakeups than gain distance.... and what about CC?
If CC can MB his projectile, maybe it could be used as a wakeup that can push the opponent back.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
+5 on block... my pants are soaked.

Icicle drop you have 10 days to react to and it tells the opponent where it's gonna drop with plenty of time to react so it will take some finesse to take advantage of that on block...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
+5 on block... my pants are soaked.

Icicle drop you have 10 days to react to and it tells the opponent where it's gonna drop with plenty of time to react so it will take some finesse to take advantage of that on block...
If MB Ice Wall is good on WU, if that +5 stays close to that for launch its gonna be nice.

I think the drop will be strongest with the corner setups more than anything.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Looks like he'll have a 50/50 off of his stand 1, which I guess is why it's 9f startup... unless it's fuzzyable.

Probably not all that practical since it's a high so you won't be able to cancel into low shot when it whiffs :(.

Atfer reading into this a little bit... What if you set up a floating ice barge via an unlocked ability, then perform a MB ice puddle? Will the ice puddle sit mid air near you and possibly block an enemy jumping up at you while standing on the barge? In the video the guy did a very deep jump in attack and canceled it into a floating barge. Imagine if you do a MB ice puddle immediately after that. Would that change its hit property to Overhead or Mid perhaps? Lots of possibilities on the horizon.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I was wondering for a while about those combo moves. Who names them? Some dude who watches a lot of YT videos? Why do I have a weird feeling that this 12 combo called "Icy Heart" comes from my Sub's vid? In my video, at the start, I wrote, "Enjoy to your...Icy Heart!" I hope to be wrong. :S

BTW, I see that some moves are interesting. Now that I have seen more of Cold's moves and stuff, I have thought of some interesting combos I wanna try once I get this in my hands at 19th May.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
The MBicicle can create "walls" as Aganos does in KillerInstinct and make corner combos and setups anywhere on the screen.Awesome in paper,....but, I think they can jump back and escape from it, as we can see in the video. I saw Firestorm jumping forward a wall so why not jumping backwards?

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
The MBicicle can create "walls" as Aganos does in KillerInstinct and make corner combos and setups anywhere on the screen.Awesome in paper,....but, I think they can jump back and escape from it, as we can see in the video. I saw Firestorm jumping forward a wall so why not jumping backwards?
For sure, but if they're knocked down with a wall behind them it won't matter. And if they do manage to get up and jump back that gives you plenty of time to charge your gun (or launch an icicle where he's jumping back to ;).

Big thing about the wall is the opponent is gonna want to jump backwards which will make their movement predictable

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Shader showcase:DOGE

Seriously though, what options does the opponent have when CC has level 2 globe setup?

Meterburn roll looks like the best option overall as it's normal invincible and can get them out the globe. They move pretty slow though so it's reactable to throw which means for combo if you keep them in.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Wake up options and combo strings (hit advantage, plus/negative on block, etc..).

The wall is his best option (read: only), 12 frame startup and invincible. -14 on block but +5 when meter burned.

12: 15f Startup, 3f active, 16f Recovery, -2 Block, +2 Hit, 23f cancel. Overhead.
122: 14f S, 3f A, 30f R, +4 B, +32 H, 25f C. Mid.
21: 13f S, 3f A, 20f R, -1 B, +15 H, 20f C. Mid
213: 18f S, 3f A, 36f R, -2 B, +30 H, can't cancel. Mid.
B23: 4f S, 3f A, 19f R, 0 B, +13 H, 11f C. High
B232: 17f S, 2f A, 33f R, +2 B, +45 Hit, 30 C. High
F23: 15f S, 2f A, 20f R, 0 B, +13 H, 22 C. Mid.
F233: 14S, 6f A, 27f R, -6 B, +28 H, 20f C. Mid.

CantingSoup

The wall is his best option (read: only), 12 frame startup and invincible. -14 on block but +5 when meter burned.

12: 15f Startup, 3f active, 16f Recovery, -2 Block, +2 Hit, 23f cancel. Overhead.
122: 14f S, 3f A, 30f R, +4 B, +32 H, 25f C. Mid.
21: 13f S, 3f A, 20f R, -1 B, +15 H, 20f C. Mid
213: 18f S, 3f A, 36f R, -2 B, +30 H, can't cancel. Mid.
B23: 4f S, 3f A, 19f R, 0 B, +13 H, 11f C. High
B232: 17f S, 2f A, 33f R, +2 B, +45 Hit, 30 C. High
F23: 15f S, 2f A, 20f R, 0 B, +13 H, 22 C. Mid.
F233: 14S, 6f A, 27f R, -6 B, +28 H, 20f C. Mid.
Thank you. Looks like all of his strings are relatively safe on block, so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.