What's new

Captain Cold Matches (Post August 2017 Patch)

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The Flash

This is the same fella as in Cheetah MU. He's considered a very good player.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
He wasn't respecting the walkback meta. All of the times you got close to him he was just standing there zoning, and even then he almost got you. If he would have walked back until the corner, then mb rolled through you and repeat, it would have been death.

He wasn't respecting the walkback meta. All of the times you got close to him he was just standing there zoning, and even then he almost got you. If he would have walked back until the corner, then mb rolled through you and repeat, it would have been death.
He doesn't have infinite meter, the point is to not give him time to build meter. That's why I said the key is to keep moving forward. You'll force him to blow all his meter or actually come to you. It's a win for CC either way. You seen what happen when i was in range. He went for the f3 or his mid-glyph -- he was no longer comfortable zoning because it would whiff and leave him open. He's just trying to knock me back so he can zone comfortably. If he MB rolls he's not going full screen. The Fate your having trouble with seems like basic level Fate, which is brain dead zoning. If you're moving forward or even contending with the zoning like @Ninequads93 did, you'll throw him off, but you can't let him build meter.

foxof42

Thanksgiving corner game, going ham and stuffing
Cheetah

Soon the Flash match. Uploaded this first cuz it was a small one. The other one is a longer one.
I think when puddling up against Cheetah, it's best to stand directly on top of it. This will trade all of her options and guarantee that she won't lunge right over it. Also, for some reason, her MBf3 still gets caught by it.

Tanno

I think when puddling up against Cheetah, it's best to stand directly on top of it. This will trade all of her options and guarantee that she won't lunge right over it. Also, for some reason, her MBf3 still gets caught by it.
I didn't play well, cuz I was really tired at that time. And I always put the Ice Trap whenever I see any CQC char.

I will follow your tip to stay on top of the Ice Trap to freeze her spot on.

True about her MB F3.

What's more strange is that her command jump and dive kick ignored almost every time the Wall.

Honestly... Cheetah air options are so Godlike... Her plus on block strings...Her damage... and Her 25/25/25/25 on knockdown makes the M.U to feel like 7-3 match-up on Her favor, and I am not kidding... I play a high level Cheetah on my locals... And He makes the M.U. to feel impossible.:(

foxof42

Crap, I just played a really good Fate (Mr. A Douglas) but it'd be a bit redundant...

foxof42

I played two sets today against i_Adapt_. I'm not familiar with his tournament results, but they're currently sitting at #16 in the player match leaderboards and certainly give me a hard time. The first set was against his Black Adam. Got bodied. Not really sure if the footage would be that helpful considering I didn't have an answer lol. I ended up taking the second set against his Supergirl, however, and I feel like that at least adds something meaningful.

foxof42

I also made a thread to follow up on my claim that b232 jails after bf1. Considered doing something for options after blocked 122, but it seems a little obvious lol.

Tanno

I also made a thread to follow up on my claim that b232 jails after bf1. Considered doing something for options after blocked 122, but it seems a little obvious lol.
Do you mean the one in corner? It's a bit tad hard to do B232 after BF1. The juggle doesn't let you do it. Make a video to base your claims.

foxof42

Do you mean the one in corner? It's a bit tad hard to do B232 after BF1. The juggle doesn't let you do it. Make a video to base your claims.
See the thread, I don't mean a juggle man. :) I mean that ending a string in bf1 allows for some restand pressure options.

Tanno

@foxof42 , I sat to watch your matches against the Super-chick.

Some advices:

1) When you're close to the aerial interactable, you CAN do J3xxR1. ;)
2) When you put the Ice Trap, stay close to it, and prepare to do a Wall or a D2 to PREVENT her attack, while YOU send her right at the trap. Works the same when you do a Wall, 213 to kick your opponent straight to the trap.
3) This chick's weakness is the Tele Punch (NOT the MB one). If you see her doing this, just punish her with D2.
4) You were lucky as your fella didn't do much of the OKI. Her OKI is the B3.

For some reason, before the patch every character COULD pass through the Wall when in air, so it had to be the D2's job for AA, and now post patch nobody can pass through the Wall and now it's doing a proper work, as I noticed in my matches.

foxof42

Did this die? Btw played a Scarecrow last night (Knoterror) that made it look like a bad matchup instead of one of Cold's best. I eventually stopped using puddle in the set completely. He won almost every match with 10% left using trait.

foxof42

I'm not sure, but hopefully we can add more clips. Ice puddle against Scarecrow is important. Keep using that
His exploit of the traumatize glitch was executed flawlessly. He mixed that very well with MB f3 when I tried to stop him. Glacier grenade, however, was waaay more effective and he gave enough space to let me charge without puddle. Very patient, wolf-at-the-door play.

His exploit of the traumatize glitch was executed flawlessly. He mixed that very well with MB f3 when I tried to stop him. Glacier grenade, however, was waaay more effective and he gave enough space to let me charge without puddle. Very patient, wolf-at-the-door play.
I heard about this glitch. What does it do exactly?

foxof42

He normally fills traumatize meter bit by bit, but when he uses fearnado on the puddle, it fills instantly. From that point, it's like a lvl 3 canary cry on deck except he can then tele on confirm for a combo. It makes charging trait dangerous. It felt like giving him a really good option at the expense of my own resources.

He normally fills traumatize meter bit by bit, but when he uses fearnado on the puddle, it fills instantly. From that point, it's like a lvl 3 canary cry on deck except he can then tele on confirm for a combo. It makes charging trait dangerous. It felt like giving him a really good option at the expense of my own resources.
Wow. That is so inconvenient haha. I hope that gets fixed with the next patch.