What's new

Captain Cold Glacier Grenade Potential Setup and Corner Refill Combo

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Yeah so I couldn't resist labbing some Captain Cold and I found a few things that perhaps someone better than me can expand upon to make more practical.

Something that surprised me was that DB3 was actually a Hard Knockdown and prevents Roll Teching.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Yeah so I couldn't resist labbing some Captain Cold and I found a few things that perhaps someone better than me can expand upon to make more practical.

Something that surprised me was that DB3 was actually a Hard Knockdown and prevents Roll Teching.
Good shit man. Thanks :)

armani

Noob

I don't even play Captain Cold and this looks Godly lol

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
The setup I included in the video works against at least half the cast, but characters with crazy good backdashes like Black Canary and Atrocitus will be able to backdash out of it.

I also find it kind of annoying that the Freeze Stacks from Glacier Grenade will reset upon landing normals against the opponent.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
The setup I included in the video works against at least half the cast, but characters with crazy good backdashes like Black Canary and Atrocitus will be able to backdash out of it.

I also find it kind of annoying that the Freeze Stacks from Glacier Grenade will reset upon landing normals against the opponent.
Yeah. I have two issues with CC.
1.) The wierd way freeze grenade works in the stacks resetting. Feels inconsistent.
And 2.) (Idk if this is common knowledge or not, I only learned it recently) that his projectile travel speed increases as you fill his trait bar. Which encourages you to NOT spend the trait. And it feels counterintuitive. Already a challenge and dmg sacrifice to build it. Then you're, in some ways, punished for using it.

What i still doesn't know is why CC needs to charge his trait when Batman, "Atrocities" and the rest of the cast, auto charge theirs... is simply not fair. Anyways nice vid must lab that one.